Luke Ball = Attention Seeker

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
bigcarl wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
bigcarl wrote:
#1GILL wrote:If you were being paid a large amount of money at your workplace, but then all of a sudden you were offered a lot less from here on in, and another workplace offered you the same job for a lot more money, would you leave?
If I knew in my heart that I wasn't earning my enormous pay check (as Ball must have) ... and I felt that I owed them for overpaying me for so long (as Ball should have) I would stay put.

But that's just me. I'm loyal, have a conscience and am honest with myself. I'm also not a quitter.

But I can't speak for a traitor.
Even if they probably wouldnt let you do the job you want to do. ie play in the firsts.
I'd stick around and prove them wrong. But I can't speak for a quitter.
It seems like you are.
care to explain.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
bigcarl wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
bigcarl wrote:
#1GILL wrote:If you were being paid a large amount of money at your workplace, but then all of a sudden you were offered a lot less from here on in, and another workplace offered you the same job for a lot more money, would you leave?
If I knew in my heart that I wasn't earning my enormous pay check (as Ball must have) ... and I felt that I owed them for overpaying me for so long (as Ball should have) I would stay put.

But that's just me. I'm loyal, have a conscience and am honest with myself. I'm also not a quitter.

Even if they probably wouldnt let you do the job you want to do. ie play in the firsts.
It seems like you are.
care to explain.
Well you seem to know the reason he left. Do you also know the contract offerred and the conversation that took place between the coaches and Ball?

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:Well you seem to know the reason he left. Do you also know the contract offerred and the conversation that took place between the coaches and Ball?
I know what's been on the public record.

He was offered a more realistic contract commensurate with his output. He wasn't happy about being dropped and didn't like the amount of game time he was getting.

So he cracked the sads and quit.

I don't respect that. A better man would have stuck around.
Last edited by bigcarl on Sun 19 Sep 2010 1:18pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Saintsational Man
Club Player

bigred wrote:
bobmurray wrote:F*** Luke Ball......Filth :roll:
This.

Seriously, Luke Ball can go f*** himself.
My thoughts exactly.

wasaintsfan
Club Player

we know the total sum of money offered over 3 years
was offered to him over 2 at the pies????
atleast im pretty sure thats what i remember hearing
correct me if im wrong

if it was truely to do with not getting his chances at the saints he wouldnt of specified just collingwood, his output has been almost identical to what he gave us last year. so game time i doubt is a factor

i dont know if he's recieved more game time but if he hasnt the way ross used him maximised his effectiveness as a player and made him more valuable as a player when he obviously wasnt playing his best footy

tweedaletomanning
Club Player

As mentioned in another thread..

There is no sympathy from me here either. Can not beleive that some "so called" saints supporters have "respect" for him and wish him all the best.

That is CRAP!!!

The Guy is a TRAITOR nothing less.

He left us when there was unfinished business.

He left his mates and went to the Enemy, to HELP them defeat US.

He is now standing in the way of us winning the holy grail!!!!

He wants to HURT his former mates!!

HOW CAN ANYONE WITH HALF A BRAIN RESPECT THAT???

Moccha
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
#1GILL wrote:This bagging of Ball for no real reason needs to stop.
It's not what we are about as supporters, and we need to be better than this.
You obviously arent a true Saints supporter.
Stop generalising and speak for yourself.

Another opportunity awaits!
Wrote for Luck
Club Player

Strength Through Loyalty - Luke Ball is an unloyal rat.

Pills 'n' Thrills and Heartaches
aussierules0k
Saintsational Legend

Last edited by aussierules0k on Wed 20 Oct 2010 3:23am, edited 1 time in total.

5 prelims in 7 years. 40 wins from 49 games.
2009 and 2010 were 2 of the 5 best years ever by the St.Kilda FC.
Thanks for all your efforts Saints.
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

#1GILL wrote:
Finna wrote:
#1GILL wrote:
Thinline wrote:
#1GILL wrote:This bagging of Ball for no real reason needs to stop.
It's not what we are about as supporters, and we need to be better than this.
So one can assume you are relaxed and comfy that mercenary will line up against us next week.

That's your opinion.

Good for you.

Given others clearly don't share your opinion - in fact they seem diametrically opposed - perhaps you're not the best person to be espousing what is and isn't appropriate for the collective 'we'?

Just a thought...

If you were being paid a large amount of money at your workplace, but then all of a sudden you were offered a lot less from here on in, and another workplace offered you the same job for a lot more money, would you leave?
Is that how You see IT?
That's not all there is to it, things such as loyalty are always taken into account.
But I can't really blame Luke for losing faith in the club after they lost faith in him.
I probably would think 'Geez, I'm not gonna get much game time here unless I start doing what I'm told so, as a club leader at a place that has been pretty goddam patient and generous with me and among peers who I respect immensely I reckon I oughta take the pretty wholesome package on the table, pull my finger out, get fit and get with the f****** program'.

But that's just me.

Others may say: 'oh well, the Magpies seem to want to smoke my bat and give me heaps for the privilege so I might just switch' or something like that...

Whatever. I'm just guessing.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
#1GILL
SS Hall of Fame

aussierules0k wrote:
#1GILL wrote:I was just trying to make the point that we need to be better as supporters...
Better supporters?
How?
Not be better supporters, be better people AS supporters of this great club.
I don't like how people wish ill upon other players just because they don't play for us.

Buckets
SS Life Member

The Saintsational Man wrote:
bigred wrote:
bobmurray wrote:F*** Luke Ball......Filth :roll:
This.

Seriously, Luke Ball can go f*** himself.
My thoughts exactly.
+1

Thats Mr. Smartarse to you
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

He left for a club that would fit him in, rather than fitting into ours.

Give me Kosi, Gwilt, Dempster and Eddy anyday...guys that are happy to be moulded into whatever is best for the TEAM.

meher baba
Saintsational Legend

Some posters on here almost make me feel ashamed to call myself a Sainters fan. Why the endless banging on about Luke Ball, how certain we are he was a traitor, etc,
If it's so well known/apparent/100% certain he went for the money, then why the endless whining aggro on here when someone dares to suggest otherwise?

I think it's because, deep down inside, you know he didn't really leave for the $$$.

And as for the idea that he should have "known" he was "overpaid" and owed it to the Saints to play some more seasons for less .........bwahahahaha!!! I hope someone has told you blokes the truth about Santa and the tooth fairy!!

BTW, how do you know that his decision that he only wanted to go to the Pies was to do with$$$$? How much were Melbourne or Richmond prepared to pay him? Do any of you know?

Hate him all you like for preferring the Pies where he was wanted to a club where the coach had made it pretty clear that he preferred a number of others. But please try to keep it a little bit real.
Last edited by meher baba on Sun 19 Sep 2010 6:49pm, edited 1 time in total.

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

meher baba wrote:Some posters on here almost make me feel ashamed to call myself a Sainters fan. Why the endless banging on about Luke Ball, how certain we are he was a traitor, etc,
If it's so well known/apparent/100% certain he went for the money, then why the endless whining about it?

I think it's because, deep down inside, you know he didn't really leave for the $$$.

And as for the idea that he should have "known" he was "overpaid" and owed it to the Saints to play some more seasons for less .........bwahahahaha!!! I hope someone has told you blokes the truth about Santa and the tooth fairy!!

BTW, how do you know that his decision that he only wanted to go to the Pies was to do with$$$$? How much were Melbourne or Richmond prepared to pay him? Do any of you know?

Hate him all you like for preferring the Pies where he was wanted to a club where the coach had made it pretty clear that he preferred a number of others. But please try to keep it a little bit real.
Apparently the rewriting of history never stops with some posters. :roll:

kosifantutti23
SS Hall of Fame

Ball refused to speak to any other team bar Collingwood. Do you think it was because he liked the colors?

Furtius Quo Rdelious
tweedaletomanning
Club Player

meher baba wrote:Some posters on here almost make me feel ashamed to call myself a Sainters fan. Why the endless banging on about Luke Ball, how certain we are he was a traitor, etc,
If it's so well known/apparent/100% certain he went for the money, then why the endless whining about it?

BTW, how do you know that his decision that he only wanted to go to the Pies to do with??? How much were Melbourne or Richmond prepared to pay him? Do any of you know?

You are WRONG on this one.

He is Now standing in the way of a st.kilda premiership.

He is busting a gut for a coach who calls one of our favourite players a Rapist.

YOU ARE WRONG 100%

And YES I DO know ...HE LEFT for the money.

Dal_Santos_Gal
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
bigcarl wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
bigcarl wrote:

It seems like you are.
how is he speaking for Luke Ball, he said I'D
How is talking about yourself saying you are speaking for someone else.

Anyway I happen to agree, I would have stuck around to prove them wrong as well, but THAT'S ME !!!!

The traitor can rot as far as I am concerned

In Ross Get lost!

I am excited to stay at St Kilda and this is a great result for the Club and all our fans. I’m proud to be part of the Saints and am pleased to be playing football with the Clubâ€
Winmarvellous
Club Player

I hope he plays so Lenny can run through him and we get to see him crying for what could have been at the end of the day :)

gringo
Saintsational Legend

The media blatantly stated that it was his intention to price himself off other teams lists. That used to be draft tampering to state your destination and then manufacture it. The afl was complicit in the feeling that we were screwed on the deal. I heard we were desperate to get the deal done on the final day but everything we asked for was rejected. They held firm on their pick only but we asked for Goldsack but they stuffed around so long it didn't happen. The bulldogs were also negotiating with the saints to plant Everitt for the ball pick and the saints second rounder. Collingwood simply doesn't negotiate a deal that might see them break even. They have to win at all cost at the negotiating table, great for them bad if you intend to trade with them. Everitt may have been a Saint if the Pies hadn't screwed us. Ball is now part of an objectionable group and therefore I hate him. Childish -yes, rational -no but good to have another reason for an irrational dislike for an organisation- definitely.

markp
Saintsational Legend

Ummm... he put a $500k price tag on his head.

We offered $1million over 3 years, to a player some laughably claim we didn't want or value.

Only the deluded would suggest that he is going to play for $500k for the first 2 years, then zero in the third.

He took a pledge with his fellow players, and he reneged.

Fair play, he knew he had one good contract left in him and he took it... but let's not be naive.

Good luck to him, but he did what he did, and he lives with the subsequent tag and consequences... I'm sure he cares less than some of his fanboys around here.

Next we'll hear the Ablett is going to GC, but not because of the money.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote:Ummm... he put a $500k price tag on his head.

We offered $1million over 3 years, to a player some laughably claim we didn't want or value.

Only the deluded would suggest that he is going to play for $500k for the first 2 years, then zero in the third.

Fair play, he knew he had one good contract left in him and he took it... but let's not be naive.

Good luck to him, but he did what he did, and he lives with the subsequent tag and consequences... I'm sure he cares less than some of his fanboys around here.

No Ablett is going because of:-
his position with the coach has become untenable
He wants more game time in his position of choice
he wants to be captain
nothing to do with more money - that's just a side issue :roll:

markp
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:

he wants to be captain
Yep, and some sad old deluded fanboys at the cattery will no doubt believe it! :D

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:

he wants to be captain
Yep, and some sad old deluded fanboys at the cattery will no doubt believe it! :D
Just like some on here actually would rather believe that the additional money had little to do with his decision to leave (which I personally have no problem with).

My only issue with his leaving was him allowing people around him to denigrate our coach and club in an obscene attempt to not paint himself as making the decision for monetary reasons.

Campbell Brown, love him or loathe him, at least was honest enough to state the obvious in his decision to go North.

BTW, Surely the media will be hovering in helicopters over Collingwood's next training session looking to capture visoin of Ball, having overcome his 'cramp' issue?
I'll be eagerly watching Ch9 News to see the vision.

rexy
SS Life Member

Re: Luke Ball = Attention Seeker

Finna wrote:I find it amusing that there is so much talk about Luke Ball.

In a press conference - Nick Maxwell went on about how great Luke Ball is and said 'This week should be about Luke Ball'.......

Is he f****** serious? If he is that is great for us.

He's telling everyone to talk about Luke Ball. Then we see Luke talking about his hammy.

I am convinced that this guy just loves the attention.

Last year it was all about Luke ball being in and out of the side and how he didnt get a 'fair go' in the Grand Final.

This year its about his hammy.... lol

The best part about this is that we slip under the radar and the media just keeps writing Magpies crap.

Good on you Luke - Keep going mate - May Your Selfishness Benefit The Saints this Time around.

You Are Where You Belong.....

? :?: ?

Dont see any of that, seems like a bloke who plays footy, goes hard, puts his head over it and bleeds for his club.

Its not our club anymore as he was struggling to make the best 22 and thought it was unjustified.

Thats all.

Maybe this year?