Fiora..

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Far from AFL standard......only played 135 games.....seriously mate.

He has not lived up to expectation, yes......but he has that expectation for a reason.

In fact he has had a very underwhelming AFL career, but a career none the less (again 135 games) and you DO NOT have an AFL career beyond 100 games if you are a s*** footballer.....his career has been littered with highlights....and flashes of brilliance....

I can remeber at least 5 awesome running goals.....

and 5 unbelievable marks....two in particular where awesome...

Some absolute courage aswell at times...

and a very good 2007.....

but he has had some poor performances aswell......a confidence player with real talant......but has some deficiencies...
Ok, far from AFL standard was a bit over the top, but he is not good enough to be playing in a serious contender's team.

If you are happy with 5 good goals and 5 good marks from 135 games well then you are impressed way too easily and the club will go nowhere with that acceptance of mediocrity...

I've met Aaron a couple of times and he seemed like a really nice guy, I have no doubt he puts in his all and has put his body on the line time and time again (contrary to popular belief) but the fact remains he is simply not good enough.

The guy never found any sort of consistency in his career and he never will, why are we persevering with him at his age instead of Geary who has done no less and is only 19 or even Birss who has shown far more.

I really hope he does well, I do.

I just don't see it happening, so I hope that Ross has a job for him and I hope he lives up to the expections placed on him...

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
midas_touch
Club Player

Also don't agree with the Fiora inclusion, and would much prefer Birss. In saying that, I hope Fiora takes this opportunity and plays his guts out for a spot on the 2009 list.

Trust the Midas Touch

"My heart is at St.Kilda, I've been here seven years, I only wanted to play for them." (Fraser Gehrig, 27/11/2007)
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Armoooo wrote:
Spinner wrote: Get over it.

1) You were able to find a worst on ground for the Brisbane game? Well done.....I found it very hard to separate the 22 individuals whom wore the Saints jumper that day.

2) Our own Captain dosn't kick 4 goals in a game and he gets the ball kicked to him every forward entry we get? Maybe re-assess what you require out of Fioras game....Especially as he will be coming on or off the bench.

3) And most importantly you never see Fiora's kicking and pace because he has been playing 2nds.....Get with the program.
1) Fiora was disgraceful, while the whole team was terrible he was a clear standout, in a match where he was supposed to be playing for his career.

2) I don't expect him to kick 4 goals a game, I was just saying I hope he proves me wrong and gets BOG this week, sorry if I didn't make that clear enough.

3) He has been playing in the twos for one season, what about the rest of his career where he was ridiculously overrated because he goes alright in a pressure free training drill...
So your dirty on Fiora because he played badly when he was supposedly playing for his career.....according to yourself. The TEAM was disgraceful that day.

Get....Over.....Yourself.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Armoooo wrote:
BigMart wrote:Far from AFL standard......only played 135 games.....seriously mate.

He has not lived up to expectation, yes......but he has that expectation for a reason.

In fact he has had a very underwhelming AFL career, but a career none the less (again 135 games) and you DO NOT have an AFL career beyond 100 games if you are a s*** footballer.....his career has been littered with highlights....and flashes of brilliance....

but he has had some poor performances aswell......a confidence player with real talant......but has some deficiencies...
Ok, far from AFL standard was a bit over the top, but he is not good enough to be playing in a serious contender's team.

If you are happy with 5 good goals and 5 good marks from 135 games well then you are impressed way too easily and the club will go nowhere with that acceptance of mediocrity...

I've met Aaron a couple of times and he seemed like a really nice guy, I have no doubt he puts in his all and has put his body on the line time and time again (contrary to popular belief) but the fact remains he is simply not good enough.

The guy never found any sort of consistency in his career and he never will, why are we persevering with him at his age instead of Geary who has done no less and is only 19 or even Birss who has shown far more.

I just don't see it happening, so I hope that Ross has a job for him and I hope he lives up to the expections placed on him...
Seem to fall in love with other Saints players all too easily....Geary....Birss.

Your the one easily impressed.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

When Fizzer runs out on to the dome on Saturday night I will be rooting for him just as hard as I will be rooting for the other 21 guys who will be representing our club !!

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Armoooo wrote:

I wish there was a button that allowed me to digitally ignore all of your posts.....but alas I will have to continue to remind you of how rubbish they are...... :lol:

Sobraz
SS Life Member

Give me a break... Anyone sticking up for this dud clearly has been watching a different game to those the fiora has played in this year...

He is no where near AFL level anymore... was close a few years back but did not have the mental strength then, nor now, to take up the challenge..

He is finished, he will not deliver on Sat night, and is a massive step backwards by Ross...

His performances in the 2's have been typical of the frontrunning outside stuff that he is famous for.. He can get away with it there, he wont on sat, as ross should know...

I thought his last chance flew by mid season... really strange selection..

Shocking result... I hope it doesnt come back to bite us...

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

Red wrote:He's obviously done what the match committee has asked.
We can only presume it has nothing to do with football!

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

Spinner wrote:
So your dirty on Fiora because he played badly when he was supposedly playing for his career.....according to yourself. The TEAM was disgraceful that day.

Get....Over.....Yourself.
I'm no dirty on Fiora, but in my opinion he is not up to it, which has been proven from his insipid performances in all of his 6 (?) so far this year, even last year he was incredibly overrated.
Spinner wrote: Seem to fall in love with other Saints players all too easily....Geary....Birss.

Your the one easily impressed.
I'm impressed that a 19 year old has come into AFL off the rookie list and has done his job almost every week and a little more most weeks. I'm impressed in a player that has kept the likes of Heath Shaw quiet while being our highest (average) goal scoring midfielder. You're right I am too easily impressed, they definitely don't deserve a game ahead of Fiora, despite the fact that they both have consistently been in Casey's best players...
Spinner wrote: I wish there was a button that allowed me to digitally ignore all of your posts.....but alas I will have to continue to remind you of how rubbish they are...... :lol:
You can disagree with what I say but there is no need to get personal, it would seem that you're the one who needs to get over themselves....

384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
jill
Club Player

Just got on line to check team - was horrified Fiora was latest thread - was even more horrified he's in the team !!! Have we given up on making the 8 & are tanking from now?

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

jill wrote:Just got on line to check team - was horrified Fiora was latest thread - was even more horrified he's in the team !!! Have we given up on making the 8 & are tanking from now?
no, not the case.

We are unlikely to beat Hawthorn, so Rossy has put in two serial squib offenders in the team as a huge challenge for them personally to deliver.

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

Crucify him! Crucify him! Burn him at the stake. :roll:

Just support the guy as one of ours. Whatever happens in the future is in his hands. If he makes it, great. If not, life goes on...

He's there for a reason, and let's hope he delivers. Obviously the selection commm see something we don't. Just like CJ.

Also, just because a senior player does not set the world alight in the 2's doean't mean that they haven't been working on improving their game.

I don't care if Geary gets 60 touches. He hasn't done much in the firsts.

I know of dozens of State circketers who made a ton of runs, but were useless at test level.

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

Farkin numbnuts on this forum. So now he's a squibber. How soon we forget his courageous marks.

Like I keep saying. You want to call a bloke names? Front up and have the guts to say it to their face. Pyssweak!

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
bethb7
Club Player

He better play like a guy worthy of being there, thats all I can say. Defiantly his last chance I would say, hope he makes the most of it.

If you can't give the commitment you gave this year and you don't want to improve, you can go because we have unfinished business-Ross Lyon
stinger
Saintsational Legend

Devilhead wrote:Give it a rest fellas - lets get behind the team - this is a huge game for us!!

Carna the Saints!! :twisted:
i'm with you...but this lot has to have someone to sledge.....if it's not blake or raph...it's fiora or jones...or gilbert....or gram........ or gwilt...or...etc... etc......give you the sh!ts......

...hey guys...got some news for you ......fiora is something none of you ever will be.....a st kilda footballer.....

...ffs..... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
Devilhead wrote:Give it a rest fellas - lets get behind the team - this is a huge game for us!!

i'm with you...but this lot has to have someone to sledge.....if it's not blake or raph...it's fiora or jones...or gilbert....or gram........ or gwilt...or...etc... etc......give you the sh!ts......

...hey guys...got some news for you ......fiora is something none of you ever will be.....a st kilda footballer.....

game set match

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

WayneJudson42 wrote:Crucify him! Crucify him! Burn him at the stake. :roll:

Just support the guy as one of ours. Whatever happens in the future is in his hands. If he makes it, great. If not, life goes on...
Believe me there will be few people at the stadium more disappointed to see Fiora there than me, but he is wearing the red white and black and is playing alongside RH35 so I will support him full heartedly, but that doesn't mean he should be there.

How would you feel if Riewoldt, Harvey, Hayes, Ball etc. etc. were dropped for the likes of Rix and co. would you be happy about that? afterall they are still one of ours...

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Ross has watched those same games.......and the games at Casey....and he believes Aaron DESERVES a game....

BTW Sobraz - did you see the Casey game against Tassie.????....because front-running is not the description I would use...

I was not surprised about the selection....I would have thought he was a monty to be an emergency.....although I do not agree with it (from a structural point of view, not form or ability)

I would have picked

McEvoy - add hieght to fwd line, to stretch the short Hawthorn defence..and give him some exposure.....IMO......Ben, Allen, Ferg, Charlie, Raph, Gardy, Gehrig shoul all be fighting for that 3rd fwd spot......none are picked this week.

Schnieder - played OK last week and will add speed and finishing ability

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Spinner wrote:
Armoooo wrote:

I wish there was a button that allowed me to digitally ignore all of your posts.....but alas I will have to continue to remind you of how rubbish they are...... :lol:
i had one fitted especially for one very annoying stalker....works too..... :wink: :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by stinger on Thu 17 Jul 2008 10:08pm, edited 1 time in total.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

WayneJudson42 wrote:Crucify him! Crucify him! Burn him at the stake. :roll:

He's there for a reason, and let's hope he delivers. Obviously the selection commm see something we don't. Just like CJ.

Also, just because a senior player does not set the world alight in the 2's doean't mean that they haven't been working on improving their game.

I don't care if Geary gets 60 touches. He hasn't done much in the firsts.

I know of dozens of State circketers who made a ton of runs, but were useless at test level.
he's there for a reason all right....with him and schneider added to the team we have effectively 13 players to rotate through the midfioeld........ross is going to serve it right up to the dorks.....

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Top4King wrote:he has some positive attributes that others lack ie. the long probing kick. he has been made to look worse because ppl haven't run onto his kicks. i'm not his mate, but anyone who bags him clearly has no idea.
im bagging him. i must have no idea.
u think another club would pick him if we trade or delist him? No? Oh those other 15 other AFL coaches must also have NO IDEA.

probing kick? such a joke when people say that. he never hits targets. his kick is totally overrated. Now please please dont tell me he is fast. He is slow, soft , does not hit targets and does not kick goals. 1.11 this year or something?

give him a chance? 100 games for the saints is more than a chance i think.

this is why saints will never win a flag. we delude ourselves that hacks like fiora can actually play.

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

Saints Premiers 2008 wrote:
stinger wrote:

game set match
No it's not, not at all.

Fiora is a far better football player than I could ever dream of being, but that is not the issue.

The fact is I am a passionate St Kilda supporter and I want nothing more than to see us win a flag for Harvey and to do that we need to start winning games.

To do this I believe that we have to play our BEST 22 any given week and in my opinion Fiora is not in our top 30.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote: he's there for a reason all right....with him and schneider added to the team we have effectively 13 players to rotate through the midfioeld........ross is going to serve it right up to the dorks.....

oh those dorks will be so scared having to face fiora and schneider. im sure they are losing sleep.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Armoooo wrote:
Saints Premiers 2008 wrote:
stinger wrote:

game set match
No it's not, not at all.

Fiora is a far better football player than I could ever dream of being, but that is not the issue.

The fact is I am a passionate St Kilda supporter and I want nothing more than to see us win a flag for Harvey and to do that we need to start winning games.

To do this I believe that we have to play our BEST 22 any given week and in my opinion Fiora is not in our top 30.
Wrong dude....This week Fiora is in our Best 22......Didn't get the selection email from the club????

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

Spinner wrote: Wrong dude....This week Fiora is in our Best 22......Didn't get the selection email from the club????
Do you think you are impressing anyone?
This is getting kind of sad...
Last edited by Armoooo on Thu 17 Jul 2008 10:17pm, edited 1 time in total.