Winning the worst game of footbal in 20 years.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

axcellence
Club Player

Re: Winning the worst game of footbal in 20 years.

Worst ever game - 2010 GF Replay

Worst win under Lyon

R6 2010 vs Dogs

49 vs 46 win.... Total points under 100.

6.11 vs 6.8 Dogs

https://finalsiren.com/MatchDetails.asp ... 546deae7f5

The Dogs didn't kick a goal in the second half. Sound familiar?

B.M
Saintsational Legend

Think we are talking from our POV - which is missing the point

I’m sure Collingwood fans enjoyed the 2010 GF

And they played well and dominated

We are talking the standard of the game
From both teams - it was horrible

Like an AFLW game - no team could score!!!!

Outside of a 10m patch in the 3rd - north kicked 1 goal in 90mins of footy!!!!

mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

remboy wrote: Tue 09 May 2023 1:52pm
mad saint guy wrote: Tue 09 May 2023 8:24am Round 22, 2016 against Richmond stands out to me as the worst game I've ever seen. It started off brilliantly with Paddy McCartin kicking two quick goals on Alex Rance before going off concussed. We ended up winning 7.13 55 to Richmond's 6.10 46. David Armitage gave away 8 free kicks amongst his 11 clangers. Big Jason Holmes drew with Shaun Hampson in the ruck with a total of 5 kicks between them. Membrey managed 7 direct turnovers which is quite impressive for a deep forward. Of the 13 goals kicked that day, only 5 were assisted by a teammate.

Paddy's brilliant first 15 minutes ended up being the difference.
Sorry to be pedantic but Paddy broke his collarbone in that match, he wasn’t concussed. He started the match really well.
Ah yes you are correct. He charged at the ball on the ground and ran into an oncoming Richmond player's knees which broke his collarbone. Still kicked the goal before going off.

SydneySainter
SS Hall of Fame

I don’t know how this game flies under the radar, but round 1 against the Swines in 2008 - 51 to 49 in our favour.

Yes, we won, but we kicked 6 goals and were still held goalless for two quarters, yet still won 😳

Until we have an administration that demands success and a playing group that bleeds for the guernsey, St. Kilda will just be a sh*tty football club.
repta
Club Player

We won .... did what needed to be done.

However against nearly (except maybe WC ) it would have been a different story.

Quarter Time against Port Adelaide something changed. Not sure what it was, but the saints have not played well since.

Mid season slump coming unless they can turn it around (thankfully they have some easy games past Adelaide).

B.M
Saintsational Legend

I’m sure Ross has instilled that there’s no easy games in AFL footy, there is no guarantees

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote: Tue 09 May 2023 5:56am
takeaway wrote: Mon 08 May 2023 12:42pm Ben does lack peripheral vision at times. Maybe Crouch didn't call, assuming Ben would see him.

Are you going to accuse every player who has a collision accident from any team that they lack peripheral vision?

Anyway...where is your evidence that he lacks peripheral vision?

You are making stuff up. Ben is an AFL footballer who plays in the big league. His peripheral vision is just fine.

I've outlined what happened, but better still, I'll give everyone a time line to decide for themselves.

Go to afl.com.au for the replay and go to 35.37 into the full replay and you'll clearly see after Liam Stocker takes the mark that Crouch is next to Cunnington. Ben is on his own and he's waving at Liam and catches Liam's eye. At 35.41 pause it and look at the flight of the football.

Is it going to Crouch who has left Cunnington to kick chase, or is it going straight in the direction of Paton?

https://www.afl.com.au/video/921973/mat ... MATCH:4856

Gets caught kicks the ball into oncoming traffic more than anyone I can remember. Paton is a liability with the ball.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL