A dose of reality

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Re: A dose of reality

Scollop wrote: Wed 01 May 2019 10:58am Try and get someone to proof read your crap and perhaps I can respond if I could bf'd
So does this response count as a response?

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

No. I haven't responded to any issue that you specifically wrote about because it was basically incomprehensible

samoht
Saintsational Legend
Location: https://www.amazon.com.au/Fugitive-Sold ... B00EO1GCNK

Cairnsman wrote: Wed 01 May 2019 10:06am
Scollop wrote: Tue 30 Apr 2019 10:17pm
Cairnsman wrote: Tue 30 Apr 2019 8:12pm
Scollop wrote: Tue 30 Apr 2019 7:35pm You are spot on that I was against his recruitment. I was wrong but I am not alone and it became clear that we needed him after Goddard failed to come on. I also am very happy to back him if he stands up and performs the way he did against us (especially the nightmares we have regarding the 2010 Grand Final). Maybe I should be more critical of the way he's coached.

Anyhow, I'm just a fan venting my frustration because no one at St Kilda has bothered to acknowledge that mistakes were made with the way our defenders approached the task of nullifying the Crows leader and their best power forward

If Cho or Playfair came out and took the heat and admitted that they stuffed up, I wouldn't be bothering but where is the accountability?

As for who I would have recruited, that is what people ask of their colleagues when they are experts in the field and they can debate the issue. Are you an expert in the field?

It would be great for fans if this became a place where recruiters workshop their ideas or where assistant coaches and opposition analysts assess players. When is it happening?
Geez man get over yourself. What's the obsession with expecting accountability, you are fan mate, you sound ridiculous carrying on like you are owed something.
f*** off Cairnsman. The players and coaches are paid big dollars because of us fans. We have every right to vent and if you don't think I am entitled to, just say so without the condescending language
AND another point if I may, it always amazes me how morons freely bully players and coaches and staff members of clubs behind the protection of anonymous social media accounts but the moment you challenge them they get all precious. At least dicks like you have the opportunity to have a crack back where as it's pretty gutless to atttack people that can't.
Don't you think you're overstepping the line, Cairnsman?

King12
Club Player

samoht wrote: Wed 01 May 2019 1:05pm
Scollop wrote: Tue 30 Apr 2019 7:35pm You are spot on that I was against his recruitment. I was wrong but I am not alone and it became clear that we needed him after Goddard failed to come on. I also am very happy to back him if he stands up and performs the way he did against us (especially the nightmares we have regarding the 2010 Grand Final). Maybe I should be more critical of the way he's coached.

Anyhow, I'm just a fan venting my frustration because no one at St Kilda has bothered to acknowledge that mistakes were made with the way our defenders approached the task of nullifying the Crows leader and their best power forward

If Cho or Playfair came out and took the heat and admitted that they stuffed up, I wouldn't be bothering but where is the accountability?

As for who I would have recruited, that is what people ask of their colleagues when they are experts in the field and they can debate the issue. Are you an expert in the field?

It would be great for fans if this became a place where recruiters workshop their ideas or where assistant coaches and opposition analysts assess players. When is it happening?
Geez man get over yourself. What's the obsession with expecting accountability, you are fan mate, you sound ridiculous carrying on like you are owed something.
f*** off Cairnsman. The players and coaches are paid big dollars because of us fans. We have every right to vent and if you don't think I am entitled to, just say so without the condescending language
AND another point if I may, it always amazes me how morons freely bully players and coaches and staff members of clubs behind the protection of anonymous social media accounts but the moment you challenge them they get all precious. At least dicks like you have the opportunity to have a crack back where as it's pretty gutless to atttack people that can't.

You don't think the other poster is doing the same, by telling the 'C-man' to F**koff?

samoht
Saintsational Legend

see next post ..
Last edited by samoht on Wed 01 May 2019 3:43pm, edited 1 time in total.

samoht
Saintsational Legend

King12 wrote: Wed 01 May 2019 2:35pm
You don't think the other poster is doing the same, by telling the 'C-man' to F**koff?
I'm not condoning it, but (to me, anyway) it's one thing telling someone to euphemistically expletive off, and another thing calling them a "moron" or a "dick".. or referring to them as "dicks like you".
The expletive was also implied ... you had to join the dots or substitute the asterisks with the letters that were being implied ... which amounted to "rack off" (sort of).
So, it's not quite the same or as direct (I feel).

Anyway, we're all on the same team - so a truce (or a ceasefire at least) is the order of the day (I reckon).

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

samoht wrote: Wed 01 May 2019 3:42pm
I'm not condoning it, but (to me, anyway) it's one thing telling someone to euphemistically expletive off, and another thing calling them a "moron" or a "dick".. or referring to them as "dicks like you".
The expletive was also implied ... you had to join the dots or substitute the asterisks with the letters that were being implied ... which amounted to "rack off" (sort of).

Anyway, we're all on the same team - so a truce (or a ceasefire at least) is the order of the day (I reckon).
To answer your question: the unfortunate consequences, possibly unintended, of Simon's new regime is that pelicans can come on here and drive an agenda against staff, coaches and players at the club without breaking the regimes current dynamic rules. I believe you should be allowed to challenge the bullies. The bullies don't like it when you challenge them, how does that saying go, can give it but can't take it.

I mostly try to do it without breaking the rules but every now and then it gets the better of me. Here is one of Big Footy's rules that deals with relentless personal agendas against individuals at the club:

Please refrain from excessive or exaggerated criticism of St Kilda players, club personnel or the St Kilda FC itself. This board has a variety supporters who all hold individual views on how important or talented our players are. Posters have been known to exaggerate to stress their point. It is a common practice that will no longer be tolerated. We will edit or delete posts describing players as "useless" or "talentless" or any other exaggerated negative criticism. Similarly do not use excessive criticisms of club personnel (such as a coach or board member) or imply corruption or incompetence without significant proof. Do not unduly criticise the club. These actions can be hurtful to the individual involved or family members / friends thereof. Further they can result in legal action by the slandered person. Repeat offenders risk being permanently excluded from this board. Reasonable criticism is perfectly OK - especially when made in an immediate post match context.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Brave New World.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Scollop
Saintsational Legend

It's ok for Cairnsman to overstep the line anytime he wants and he will call anyone whatever name he chooses because he perceives criticism as bullying and he will make up his own mind and judge and attack posters and execute his own vitriol (independant of this forums rules and the forums administratiors) especially when he is dealing with dicks and pelicans.

That is his mo dressed up as "I am defending the club/player/coach/official"

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote: Wed 01 May 2019 10:01am

Mate you are entitled to carry on like a complete dick as much as you like. It just gets embarrassing to watch at times. How old are you out of curiosity and what amazing profession do you excel at?
I could get personal too but I'm no dick

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote: Wed 01 May 2019 7:28pm
Cairnsman wrote: Wed 01 May 2019 10:01am

Mate you are entitled to carry on like a complete dick as much as you like. It just gets embarrassing to watch at times. How old are you out of curiosity and what amazing profession do you excel at?
I could get personal too but I'm no dick
Mate clearly you don't like being challenged. At least you get a right of reply.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Why is it that you pick and choose where you bob up and who you decide to abuse personally?

I don't recall you always being there to support Gears or Gilbo or countless other whipping boys. Over the years there've been many posters who overstepped the mark but I wouldn't consider myself to have ever been derogatory towards one of our players. I applaud you every time you call out a poster when they do that and they demean a Saints player

When people were hanging it on Armo he had his supporters. There are still people criticising Dave and judging his value to the team and even someone went as far as to say he is struggling or looks slow in the VFL. The reality may be that perhaps he is coming to the end of his career (and now he is out of favour with the coach) so most of his supporters may have left this place or have stopped bothering to defend him or call out the idiots.

I have been highly critical of our head coach and I am not alone there. The reality was and still is that most of the criticism is warranted. There are a few quality posters that have been driven away from this site because of people like you who think that you are above the forum rules with your vitriol and bullying dressed up as supposed righteousness.

As far as taking it and dishing it out. Just pm me and I'll pm you back so people don't have to put up with us. Go your hardest. I think it's best for everyone else that this drama ends. You can join GregT and ted and King12 on ignore

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote: Wed 01 May 2019 7:44pm Why is it that you pick and choose where you bob up and who you decide to abuse personally?

I don't recall you always being there to support Gears or Gilbo or countless other whipping boys. Over the years there've been many posters who overstepped the mark but I wouldn't consider myself to have ever been derogatory towards one of our players. I applaud you every time you call out a poster when they do that and they demean a Saints player

When people were hanging it on Armo he had his supporters. There are still people criticising Dave and judging his value to the team and even someone went as far as to say he is struggling or looks slow in the VFL. The reality may be that perhaps he is coming to the end of his career (and now he is out of favour with the coach) so most of his supporters may have left this place or have stopped bothering to defend him or call out the idiots.

I have been highly critical of our head coach and I am not alone there. The reality was and still is that most of the criticism is warranted. There are a few quality posters that have been driven away from this site because of people like you who think that you are above the forum rules with your vitriol and bullying dressed up as supposed righteousness.

As far as taking it and dishing it out. Just pm me and I'll pm you back so people don't have to put up with us. Go your hardest. I think it's best for everyone else that this drama ends. You can join GregT and ted and King12 on ignore
Anyone that has this as a footer to every post has a personal agenda against individuals at the club. Hey but you pay to watch the footy. Dead set farkin pelican.

The mistake I have made in getting frustrated/angry is to assume the club's primary purpose was to win AFL games. That is clearly not true. Poor analogy but just as politics has become for the pollies and parties and not the citizens the St. KFC has become a sinecure for the senior staff not particularly concerned with the members interests/preference for a side that can occasionally play finals - notwithstanding occasional emails saying they feel our pain (BS).

guitars4
Club Player

You are obviously new to the forum you will work it out pretty quickly :wink:

ss1986
Club Player

MC Gusto wrote: Sat 27 Apr 2019 8:08pm We’ll do gws next week
This aged well.

ss1986
Club Player

Cairnsman wrote: Wed 01 May 2019 6:55pm

To answer your question: the unfortunate consequences, possibly unintended, of Simon's new regime is that pelicans can come on here and drive an agenda against staff, coaches and players at the club without breaking the regimes current dynamic rules. I believe you should be allowed to challenge the bullies. The bullies don't like it when you challenge them, how does that saying go, can give it but can't take it.

I mostly try to do it without breaking the rules but every now and then it gets the better of me. Here is one of Big Footy's rules that deals with relentless personal agendas against individuals at the club:

Please refrain from excessive or exaggerated criticism of St Kilda players, club personnel or the St Kilda FC itself. This board has a variety supporters who all hold individual views on how important or talented our players are. Posters have been known to exaggerate to stress their point. It is a common practice that will no longer be tolerated. We will edit or delete posts describing players as "useless" or "talentless" or any other exaggerated negative criticism. Similarly do not use excessive criticisms of club personnel (such as a coach or board member) or imply corruption or incompetence without significant proof. Do not unduly criticise the club. These actions can be hurtful to the individual involved or family members / friends thereof. Further they can result in legal action by the slandered person. Repeat offenders risk being permanently excluded from this board. Reasonable criticism is perfectly OK - especially when made in an immediate post match context.
Is it significant proof that the coach has the worst win/loss ratio of any coach of his tenure, and current high standing board members approved a contract extension?

I think it is.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

ss1986 wrote: Sat 04 May 2019 7:51pm

Is it significant proof that the coach has the worst win/loss ratio of any coach of his tenure, and current high standing board members approved a contract extension?

I think it is.
I reckon you would have used that clever accounting brain of yours to forensically study the clauses in that rule and find something you could park up for use when we next lose. Yep I reckon you've found a way to overthrow the board and make St Kilda great.

I will vote for you, I'll have to stop laughing hard first.

ss1986
Club Player

Cairnsman wrote: Sat 04 May 2019 8:11pm

I think it is.
I reckon you would have used that clever accounting brain of yours to forensically study the clauses in that rule and find something you could park up for use when we next lose. Yep I reckon you've found a way to overthrow the board and make St Kilda great.

Won’t be anytime soon, but I guarantee I’ll work my way into a position of influence one day. And I’ll sure as hell make sure that I contribute to the success of St.Kilda far more than you do.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

ss1986 wrote: Sat 04 May 2019 8:16pm
Cairnsman wrote: Sat 04 May 2019 8:11pm

I think it is.

Won’t be anytime soon, but I guarantee I’ll work my way into a position of influence one day. And I’ll sure as hell make sure that I contribute to the success of St.Kilda far more than you do.
Yeah I have no doubt one day you will be a big deal.

Dream Big.

ss1986
Club Player

PM’d me yet Cairnsman?

Simon Templar
Club Player

I like your style Cairnsman. Seems the blokes that spend a large part of their lives on this site do get precious when other posters pull them up about their constant bagging of the Club and or it’s players. Their fall back position seems to be to take the moral high ground and endeavour to intimidate the opposing point of view into submission. Scollop’s argument against you could equally be directed at him/her. The argument against me, I predict, is what would I know as I don’t make many posts. Anyway, goodonya, Cairnsman, I like your arguments.

Go you good things....!!!
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Hypocritical too.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Simon Templar wrote: Sat 04 May 2019 9:48pm I like your style Cairnsman. Seems the blokes that spend a large part of their lives on this site do get precious when other posters pull them up about their constant bagging of the Club and or it’s players. Their fall back position seems to be to take the moral high ground and endeavour to intimidate the opposing point of view into submission. Scollop’s argument against you could equally be directed at him/her. The argument against me, I predict, is what would I know as I don’t make many posts. Anyway, goodonya, Cairnsman, I like your arguments.
People like yourself and Cairnsman shouldn't be worried about what people say on a fan site. Maybe that's the problem with the club and the people involved or the staff or the employees. All worrying too much about insignificant things instead of concentrating on the main game of winning and creating a successful football club

It's everyone's right to express an opinion without having to put up with personal abuse. It's bs arguing that he is defending people who are not present on the site to defend themselves because I didn't say Richo was a bad person or a bad father. I didn't call Nathan a dick or a moron or a pelican

I think there are people who could possibly spend some time using their contacts and their influence to rid the club of management and coaches who are holding the team back from improving. I don't fall into that category.

If you know people who are part of the club or know people who know other people who are board members or part of past player groups try spending less time here at Saintsational and tell all the people you know who can influence the powerbrokers to get off this site also and stop wasting time here. Get on with the job of getting us back into finals

ace
Saintsational Legend

Write whatever you like guys just don't bait someone.
That heinous crime got me a day fishing.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.