emma quale on the draft

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

Re: emma quale on the draft

If Emma Quayle was in the draft, Chris Pelchin would pick her. Mind you, she'd probably get more games than some of his picks.

There are three characteristics of players we should pick in the draft:

1. The ability to kick both sides
2. The ability to kick both sides
3. The ability to kick both sides

In 2004, we had fourteen players in this category. Now we have three or four.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Dean Kemp played Teal Cup?
Thats the whole point you <edited by mods>! We are talking about a top 2 pick in the draft- they dont have to come from the Teal Cup. Are you <edited by mods> Poster warned for abuse.
The draft isnt restricted to TAC cup players - newsflash.

And I thought you were going to own up when you were proved wrong?
I'm still waiting on your claim about Sam Fisher for 2012.
Last edited by Con Gorozidis on Mon 09 Jun 2014 8:00pm, edited 1 time in total.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
Thats the whole point........! We are talking about a top 2 pick in the draft- they dont have to come from the Teal Cup. Are you .............?

I'm still waiting.

calling bm a moron is way way over the top....been getting out of the wrong side of bed have we old chap.... 8-)

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Heidelberg_Saint
Club Player

PurpleHayes wrote:A few murmurs that the too 20 in the draft could be pretty even etc..
I'm sure as we near closer, recruiters will firm up their order - this happens most years and phantom drafts are roughly accurate, of course there's always a handful of annomolies too.

I reckon that having pick 1 or 2 simply means we can get the player we absolutely want. Whether it be a midfielder, forward etc..

If we have pick 2, Pelchen and co will have 2 players in mind, the best midfielder and the best KPP. A great position to be in!
If there's an even spread in the top 20, then don't discount the opportunity to trade in say, pick # 2 for picks # 8 & # 17. We'd only need one more to get our 3 picks inside 20.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

IMO need to go for a mid with our early picks

I'd prefer to take on the Syd model of trading for our key position forwards from now on... Unless they are ridiculously clear standouts

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:Glad none of you guys will be recruiting for us.

You would all overlook O'meara Koladshnij Fyfe Wingard Dunstan Riewoldt Hayes etc etc as they aren't Victorian.

Apparently Wright McCartin Brayshaw and Goddard are the only people in the draft.

They arent in the draft Con. By the way who should we recruit with our number one or two pick. We now it shouldnt be a city boy but we also dont know who you think we should pick. Funny that its seems people who know more than you and me suggest the 4 names you have mentioned are in the top6 or so.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
Thats the whole point you moron! We are talking about a top 2 pick in the draft- they dont have to come from the Teal Cup. Are you born stupid? The draft isnt restricted to TAC cup players - newsflash.

I see you edited that and still spoke like that to someone else who i dont think abused you. fair dinkum.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

I would like Mc cartin with our first pick or Lamb if we had a pick around 10. Brayshaw is probably the best mid available. Peter Wright has really drifted off in the last month or two and could go somewhere around 4 to 8 now where he was rated as the number 1 pick.

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
Thats the whole point you <edited by mods>! We are talking about a top 2 pick in the draft- they dont have to come from the Teal Cup. Are you <edited by mods> Poster warned for abuse.

You know Con that Teal Cup and TAC Cup are different things.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
sainter#4
Club Player

Patrick McCartin, Don't think there is another choice for us to be honest....Unless we have tapped up a Boyd or a Patton and they have agreed to come home.

Would also love Lamb - But not playing him as a KPF, More as a roaming HFF or on ball.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:
Thats the whole point you moron! We are talking about a top 2 pick in the draft- they dont have to come from the Teal Cup. Are you born stupid? The draft isnt restricted to TAC cup players - newsflash.

I see you edited that and still spoke like that to someone else who i dont think abused you. fair dinkum.
Plugs you of all people know the danger of warnings and bannings. Let's look after each other especially Con who like yourself cops a few warnings. We can't afford losing any posters to bannings at the moment.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
70s sainter
Club Player

Heidelberg_Saint wrote:
PurpleHayes wrote:A few murmurs that the too 20 in the draft could be pretty even etc..
I'm sure as we near closer, recruiters will firm up their order - this happens most years and phantom drafts are roughly accurate, of course there's always a handful of annomolies too.

I reckon that having pick 1 or 2 simply means we can get the player we absolutely want. Whether it be a midfielder, forward etc..

If we have pick 2, Pelchen and co will have 2 players in mind, the best midfielder and the best KPP. A great position to be in!
If there's an even spread in the top 20, then don't discount the opportunity to trade in say, pick # 2 for picks # 8 & # 17. We'd only need one more to get our 3 picks inside 20.

That's a fair point and something Pelchan could do if there was no standout no 1 or 2 . Gold Coast have around pick 12 and 13. Then as you say wed just need to improve our pick no . 21
Approx by throwing in a Stanley or sippos and there is the 3 picks well inside the top 20.

70s sainter
Club Player

Heidelberg_Saint wrote:

That's a fair point and something Pelchan could do if there was no standout no 1 or 2 . Gold Coast have around pick 12 and 13. Then as you say wed just need to improve our pick no . 21 Approx by throwing in a Stanley or sippos and there is the 3 picks well inside the top 20.

elvis lives
Club Player

Con Gorozidis wrote:

You're better than that Gora

I am marching in the Saints army
Bardon Saint
Club Player

70s sainter wrote:
Heidelberg_Saint wrote:

That's a fair point and something Pelchan could do if there was no standout no 1 or 2 . Gold Coast have around pick 12 and 13. Then as you say wed just need to improve our pick no . 21 Approx by throwing in a Stanley or sippos and there is the 3 picks well inside the top 20.
Give Gold Coast Gilbert. Stanley/ Sippa are of little value for their team but Gilbert is an upgrade on a Shaw/Cameron type. Gilbert will not be in our next premiership team but another top 20ish pick may well be. Gilbert + pick ? for top 20 pick

MrCordz
Club Player

BigMart wrote:Billings reminds me of Winguard
You've got to be kidding???!!!

Humbly St. Kilda
MrCordz
Club Player

For the record - I know Tom Lamb's family very well _ grew up with his Dad from 4 years of age - know his mum - daughter of Ian Cooper - not the right fit for St.Kilda - but to a stronger club I hope he kills it!

Humbly St. Kilda
Megamaguire
Club Player

2 Gee. Falcon Fwds available in NAB Draft

The 2 Falcon Forwards H.Goddard and P. McCartin i'm hearing could go top 10!
If they were both available for St.Kilda's 1st. pick it would be rough picking the 2nd. best as the years passed by, unless they both became huge successes. Pelchin do your homework !
What a conundrum and then add a very highly rated mid !

almost 1/2 a year to go until decision time and who knows we may have lured a big prospect key forward
to Moorabbin from the wealthy northern states!

This is Pelchin's time to shine - fingers crossed.

G O S A I N T S ! :D

The boy can play and we can build a defence around him that will have respect.
Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

MrCordz wrote:For the record - I know Tom Lamb's family very well _ grew up with his Dad from 4 years of age - know his mum - daughter of Ian Cooper - not the right fit for St.Kilda - but to a stronger club I hope he kills it!
Yes, a lot of rumours that's he's a bad-egg. Booted out of private school, bully, gets in fights etc. Perhaps we are spreading the rumours hoping he slides like Jack Darling a few years back? Lamby did train with us as part of the AIS program. :D

Animal Enclosure
SS Hall of Fame

saintspremiers wrote:
Zed wrote:With no standout number 1 pick it also sounds to me that the number 1 pick we will end up with is just going to be an average AFL player and not 'the next 'Nick Reiwoldt' - which is one of the risks when you go down this path. We were lucky last time around that we snagged Nick & BJ with our number 1 picks. It could just as easily have been Watts & Scully - which looks closer to where we are going to land this year. No saviour in this draft. From what Im reading there are some guns in the 2015 draft pool and I reckon that we are definitely going to end up with a top 2 pick in that draft.

To use Champion Data ratings, Im predicting we will end up with players who will fall into the average category from this coming draft, rather than the above average to elite categories. May put our 2018 aspirations back by 1 year.
Really sensible analysis. Be nice to see how Pelican would spin this question if put to him. The only savour could be if it's a deep draft, ie if our other picks are good.
He'd probably say that the analysis above is purely a guess based on nothing.

The last time their wasn't a clear #1 pick was 2001.... how did that year turn out?

Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

Old Mate wrote:
MrCordz wrote:For the record - I know Tom Lamb's family very well _ grew up with his Dad from 4 years of age - know his mum - daughter of Ian Cooper - not the right fit for St.Kilda - but to a stronger club I hope he kills it!
Yes, a lot of rumours that's he's a bad-egg. Booted out of private school, bully, gets in fights etc. Perhaps we are spreading the rumours hoping he slides like Jack Darling a few years back? :D
:idea:

Nice work Ol' Mate. 8-)

Yes, I can confirm that young Lamby is a Fascist-Maoist-Thatcherite who loves pulling the wings of flies and Boeing 747s.

I'm heading over to Big Vanilla right now to create an alias to propagate all that. Just need someone to start the Twatterface page 'Lamby is Corey Bernardi'. :wink:

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen:
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote:IMO need to go for a mid with our early picks

I'd prefer to take on the Syd model of trading for our key position forwards from now on... Unless they are ridiculously clear standouts
The flaw with aping the Sydney model is that they have a salary cap advantage (or at least did have )...without that they would not have Tippet AND Buddy.

However Port have added some good talent including their FF by taking guys with flaws from other clubs to add to their good young drafted talent.

Our new CEO stated the other night that our plan including attacking the free agent market, but not till at least several years down the track.

I think that generally speaking that tall players are riskier bets than smaller players. Particularly ruckman, and so I am against using very low (top 10) picks on ruckman or ruck/forwards.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
FQF
SS Life Member

saintsRrising wrote:
skeptic wrote:IMO need to go for a mid with our early picks

The flaw with aping the Sydney model is that they have a salary cap advantage (or at least did have )...without that they would not have Tippet AND Buddy.

However Port have added some good talent including their FF by taking guys with flaws from other clubs to add to their good young drafted talent.

Our new CEO stated the other night that our plan including attacking the free agent market, but not till at least several years down the track.

I think that generally speaking that tall players are riskier bets than smaller players. Particularly ruckman, and so I am against using very low (top 10) picks on ruckman or ruck/forwards.
Agree. Early rucks are prone to fail even where they're clear stand outs (ie. Kreuzer). All the more so when it's an even choice like this year.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Animal Enclosure wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:
Zed wrote:With no standout number 1 pick it also sounds to me that the number 1 pick we will end up with is just going to be an average AFL player and not 'the next 'Nick Reiwoldt' - which is one of the risks when you go down this path. We were lucky last time around that we snagged Nick & BJ with our number 1 picks. It could just as easily have been Watts & Scully - which looks closer to where we are going to land this year. No saviour in this draft. From what Im reading there are some guns in the 2015 draft pool and I reckon that we are definitely going to end up with a top 2 pick in that draft.

To use Champion Data ratings, Im predicting we will end up with players who will fall into the average category from this coming draft, rather than the above average to elite categories. May put our 2018 aspirations back by 1 year.
Really sensible analysis. Be nice to see how Pelican would spin this question if put to him. The only savour could be if it's a deep draft, ie if our other picks are good.

The last time their wasn't a clear #1 pick was 2001.... how did that year turn out?
Fine. Didn't we have the first two picks Roo and Kosi? Weren't they equal number ones in the view of some?
Helps when you have a PP

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Sobraz
SS Life Member

saintspremiers wrote:
Animal Enclosure wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:

Fine. Didn't we have the first two picks Roo and Kosi? Weren't they equal number ones in the view of some?
Helps when you have a PP
Hodge, Ball, Judd draft.