one bombshell left

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

Re: one bombshell left

sainterinsydney wrote:The Armo deal makes no sense in the context of our desire to gain picks. Unless the deal involved our 3rd rounder and Armo for Longer and a first rounder? Or maybe the conjecture has nothing to do with Armo, and the big news will be regarding a deal with GWS?
Trading McEvoy was for the pick.

Trading Armo was (if this is true) to replace McEvoy.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote: Seriously if that happens I will scream and not renew Dr Spaceman membership.
Funny, but I have you on our roll over plan.

If these details are incorrect I suggest you call our office during business hours.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:
sainterinsydney wrote:The Armo deal makes no sense in the context of our desire to gain picks. Unless the deal involved our 3rd rounder and Armo for Longer and a first rounder? Or maybe the conjecture has nothing to do with Armo, and the big news will be regarding a deal with GWS?

The other rumour is still 3, 21 and Fisher for pick 1.

GWS have made it clear they want players and not picks.

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

sainterinsydney wrote:. Unless the deal involved our 3rd rounder and Armo for Longer and a first rounder?
That was what I was thinking but our 2nd rounder

Armo and Pick 21 for Longer and Pick 7

Doubt they would do it but Armo is a QLDer and would add significantly to their midfield brigade

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
sainterinsydney
Club Player

gringo wrote:

Pick 1 and Bruce, I assume? Does that rumour have legs, though?

sainterinsydney
Club Player

Devilhead wrote:
sainterinsydney wrote:. Unless the deal involved our 3rd rounder and Armo for Longer and a first rounder?
That was what I was thinking but our 2nd rounder

Armo and Pick 21 for Longer and Pick 7

Doubt they would do it but Armo is a QLDer and would add significantly to their midfield brigade
I reckon that would be a good deal for us--keep in mind that Longer was pick 8 in the 2011 draft.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Armo for Longer makes no sense to me at all.
Unless we do Armo for Longer and Rhys for 13 but that seems highly convoluted - even by Pelchens standards.

Armo straight for Bugg - yes please - but sounds like Pelchen wants another top 20 pick somehow or another.

vacuous space
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:GWS have made it clear they want players and not picks.
It does seem like wishful thinking. If all we had to do was give up 21 and Fisher to get to the Boyd pick, I have a hard time believing we wouldn't have the Boyd pick right now. I, personally, could not do that trade fast enough.

Yeah nah pleasing positive
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:

that would be suicidal if we did that!

3 + 21 is better than 1 imo.

1 v 3 is a lottery and pelchen wants 3 picks in the top 20. he understands its a lottery .

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
gringo wrote:

And we have constantly reiterated that we would use our earlier picks on mids ..... so why do we want Boyd??

I am not sold on Boyd at all - given all the manic talk about him you think he was kicking 8 goals a week in the TAC - the most he kicked this year was 6 and he was a man playing against boys - will he continue to improve?? or will he stall once he starts playing against bigger more experienced defenders ??

I'm not saying he is ordinary far from it - just think we should be investing in elite mids and we should be able to get one with Pick 3

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Devilhead wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
gringo wrote:

And we have constantly reiterated that we would use our earlier picks on mids ..... so why do we want Boyd??

I am not sold on Boyd at all - given all the manic talk about him you think he was kicking 8 goals a week in the TAC - the most he kicked this year was 6 and he was a man playing against boys - will he continue to improve?? or will he stall once he starts playing against bigger more experienced defenders ??

I'm not saying he is ordinary far from it - just think we should be investing in elite mids and we should be able to get one with Pick 3

You wont get an argument from me. Been saying we need mids all along.

FQF
SS Life Member

Agree, we need MIDS above everything else. We need half backs who can be mids, we need half forward who can be mids. We need wingers who can be mids. Savage was a good addition. But we need more. And we definitely cannot afford to lose mids without replacing them for more of the same, or better.

vacuous space
SS Life Member

FQF wrote:Agree, we need MIDS above everything else.
We may need mids right now, but if you're building a team you're making a pick for the next decade. Boyd, much more than Aish, Kelly, Scharenberg, etc, is the type of player you build a club around. If we get a chance at that, I'm sure we'll take it. I'm reasonably sure we won't get that chance though.

Yeah nah pleasing positive
DWOODROW
Club Player

So how much can we take from the rumour. Anything or do SEN just say things to get people talking. I don't live in Melbourne but from what I have read on here they would have to be the best muppet show available down there

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Armo wouldn't be a bombshell IMO., we know club concerned about company he keeps.

Rhys to freo perhaps?

gringo
Saintsational Legend

DWOODROW wrote:So how much can we take from the rumour. Anything or do SEN just say things to get people talking. I don't live in Melbourne but from what I have read on here they would have to be the best muppet show available down there

hit the nail on the head there. Hope it's absolute crap. He's our only grunt mid fielder in the age range. We are getting rid of a ruck man because we have two potential 1st rucks but we want another? Sounds like crap unless your bro is totally off the rails.

FQF
SS Life Member

DWOODROW wrote:So how much can we take from the rumour. Anything or do SEN just say things to get people talking. I don't live in Melbourne but from what I have read on here they would have to be the best muppet show available down there
Do you really need to rely on SEN to get the rumours regarding your brother's future?

Share with us what you know mate, we'd love to hear it ahead of time.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:Armo wouldn't be a bombshell IMO., we know club concerned about company he keeps.

Rhys to freo perhaps?

You would think bombshells are Montagna, Dal, Roo and possibly Fisher to a lesser extent then an absolute blow up the world bomb shell would be Jack steven for pick one or something like that.

DWOODROW
Club Player

FQF wrote:
Do you really need to rely on SEN to get the rumours regarding your brother's future?

Share with us what you know mate, we'd love to hear it ahead of time.
I'm in the dark as much as u guys. As I said he's on holidays so this is news to me ???

The OtherThommo
Saintsational Legend

They're bigger muppets than the actual Muppets.

'I have no new illusions, and I have no old illusions' - Vladimir Putin, Geneva, June 2021
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:Armo wouldn't be a bombshell IMO., we know club concerned about company he keeps.

Rhys to freo perhaps?

Armo not a bombshell but Rhys leaving is? Now that is really confusing. Armo would be a bombshell whoever he keeps company with.

DWOODROW
Club Player

The OtherThommo wrote:
They're bigger muppets than the actual Muppets.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

gringo
Saintsational Legend

From big footy the bombshell still seems to be Watters for Choco Williams.

Is he the last coach to win a flag with a poor club? They started their AFL list with a SANFL core and won a premiership so he did some magic on field.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

What would freo do with rhys?

I could see Rhys going to Port but not Freo. Hed be third or 4th ruck at Freo and he is completely unproven as a goal kicking fwd.

If I was Freo id throw pick 17 at Jesse White.

SEN make sh*t up every 5 minutes to keep people (suckers like me) listening.

spert
Saintsational Legend

Might be Choco Williams as assistant to Watters in place of Laidley?