Cop it, Lyin'

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

sainterinsydney
Club Player

Re: Cop it, Lyin'

I reckon he was worried that the emotion of the day would have got us over the line against them even with their full team. He didn't want to be embarassed just before the finals. Even though we flogged them, he can argue that he had a reserves team playing.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

I reckon he was just ensuring that Freo has their best chance of winning a final. Shocking thing for a coach to do..... :P

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Halo
Club Player

Just shows Freo's lack of depth . Not putting any time into the young Dockers !! Sounds & Looks familiar to another team 3 years ago !

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Halo wrote:Just shows Freo's lack of depth . Not putting any time into the young Dockers !! Sounds & Looks familiar to another team 3 years ago !

Pretty sure every side in the AFL would get smashed if they had 12 players out from the week before.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

sainterinsydney wrote:I reckon he was worried that the emotion of the day would have got us over the line against them even with their full team. He didn't want to be embarassed just before the finals. Even though we flogged them, he can argue that he had a reserves team playing.
+1...always knew we would win...even before i saw the freo side

...our side improved over the last month of the season with curren, lenny, gilbo, blakey, ross and ledge being added ........stood to reason with me....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Halo wrote:Just shows Freo's lack of depth . Not putting any time into the young Dockers !! Sounds & Looks familiar to another team 3 years ago !

Pretty sure every side in the AFL would get smashed if they had 12 players out from the week before.
We have been like a side with 12 players out all year, that's what a rebuild does, Ross doesn't develop and we saw that on Saturday

The Saints are under review, will it make any difference to the underachievers ?
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Wayne42 wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

We have been like a side with 12 players out all year, that's what a rebuild does, Ross doesn't develop and we saw that on Saturday

They had 12 out from the previous game plus other injuries. Our seconds side cant even win much in the VFL let alone nearly all of them playing in the AFL and trying to win.

R. Harvey 3 votes!
Club Player

I went to the game in Tassie in 2009 against the hawks we had about 12 players out then and I don't remember us getting flogged? I think we actually might have won against the then reigning premiers! That was well worth the trip! I even sat next to Jack Steven on the flight back on the plane after his debut game!

When Harvey played his first game in 1988, I was a 12yo wearing short pants and struggling with my readin', writin' and 'rithmetic in grade eight. Now, I'm a father of three and a retired AFL player. And he's still going. Amazing! - Michael Voss
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

R. Harvey 3 votes! wrote:I went to the game in Tassie in 2009 against the hawks we had about 12 players out then and I don't remember us getting flogged? I think we actually might have won against the then reigning premiers! That was well worth the trip! I even sat next to Jack Steven on the flight back on the plane after his debut game!

Thanks for backing me up. RL must be able to develop based on what you said.

The Redeemer
SS Life Member

God there are some sad sacks here.