The boy from Lorne

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Re: The boy from Lorne

I see Dangerfield being in the top 5-10 midfielders in a couple of years, not sure if Jack can get that high, would love to be wrong, I have been plenty, actually a lot. :)

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

We can only hope

Bayside Nick
Club Player

"Look at the boy from the Ocean Road"
BT is the seagull of the commentary world. Annoys us but people keep feeding him. Even the thought of listening to him for two hours is a good enough motivator to get up and go to the game to watch.

Unless he's going to start announcing Roo is now the boy from Tassie and Fish is the boy from Adelaide etc...shut up about it. Surely he is now the boy from Seaford, Mordialloc or Brighton!!!

mick13
Club Player

Old Mate wrote:
dragit wrote:
Old Mate wrote:I reckon he's a season away from being elite....About where Dangerfield was last year before he went absolutely nuts this season.
Jack's coming along well, though I don't think he'll get to a Dangerfield level… We can live in hope though!
If Jack keeps improving then I think that's the next step for him. Right now he's getting around the 20-25 disposals....I think he'll be consistently getting 30 touches plus next year. He's still only 22. An interesting comparison might be D Swan at the same age.....It's all about building a tank over a number of pre-seasons.
Armo is another worthy comparison to Swan. At the age Judd won his first Brownlow, Swan was a useful HBF'er who not many people knew the name of.

22 and 23 in still very young. Expect these two to only excel in the next year or two.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Since he got to the club people were saying he is the next R. Harvey. Not a bad comparison for a young player, but it's meant that the expectation for me has been higher than most young guys. He dominated as a small forward early on and looked special there, sometimes an injury comes as a blessing in disguise. Lenny being out fast tracked Jack's development in a year from hell that even with out Lenny going down would have probably ended badly. Lenny is revitalised, Jack is close to an elite mid.

His kicking to me isn't bad it's more his disposal at speed or under pressure that can get a bit messy. He should get that together with experience and has the potential to be an amazing player. He is surprisingly quick, elusive and determined if he can improve 10% to 15% consistently he will be an elite midfielder.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:Since he got to the club people were saying he is the next R. Harvey. Not a bad comparison for a young player, but it's meant that the expectation for me has been higher than most young guys. He dominated as a small forward early on and looked special there, sometimes an injury comes as a blessing in disguise. Lenny being out fast tracked Jack's development in a year from hell that even with out Lenny going down would have probably ended badly. Lenny is revitalised, Jack is close to an elite mid.

His kicking to me isn't bad it's more his disposal at speed or under pressure that can get a bit messy. He should get that together with experience and has the potential to be an amazing player. He is surprisingly quick, elusive and determined if he can improve 10% to 15% consistently he will be an elite midfielder.

I was a huge wrap for him but not once Have I or I beleive anyone else say he is the next Robert Harvey. He is the first jack but will never be a Robert Harvey and as far as I know has never been mentioned in the same breath until now.

Austinnn
Club Player

Dr Spaceman wrote:Image
It's weird that anyone would choose this photo to represent themselves:

BT: "OK show me the slides!"
Photographer: "Here you go."
BT: "Hmmm, too intelligent...next...yeah, I look there like someone who understands things about the game.. next...nope, too bloody sane...these are all normal, did you get anything that makes me look like a sub-human ape that is struggling to understand what someone is saying to me?
Photographer: "How about this one?"
BT: "Perfect!"

Either that or the other shots made him look even more stupid. In a way it's difficult to imagine, but this is BT we're talking about.

Reminds me of this guy:

http://www.collegehumor.com/videos/play ... 12#6768288

Just My Opinion
------------------------------------------------

You'll Never Walk Alone
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Hes not from Lorne...hes from the

GEELONG FALCONS FOOTY FACTORY...MICKEY TURNER'S MOB DOWN THERE!!!!!

If I heat BT say that one more time I will go postal

I think most footy fans over 40 know what Mickey Turner is actually most famous for..and its got not much to do with football :P

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
gringo
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
gringo wrote:Since he got to the club people were saying he is the next R. Harvey. Not a bad comparison for a young player, but it's meant that the expectation for me has been higher than most young guys. He dominated as a small forward early on and looked special there, sometimes an injury comes as a blessing in disguise. Lenny being out fast tracked Jack's development in a year from hell that even with out Lenny going down would have probably ended badly. Lenny is revitalised, Jack is close to an elite mid.

I was a huge wrap for him but not once Have I or I beleive anyone else say he is the next Robert Harvey. He is the first jack but will never be a Robert Harvey and as far as I know has never been mentioned in the same breath until now.
It was the early call coming out of the club and was repeated by Montagna as the one to watch at the start of 09 I think it was. The club was talking him up with the Robert Harvey comparison, not my word grumps. If I wanted to make a pathetic old curmudgeon look silly i might bother to try to find some evidence to show you or I could not give a f%$# about you.

cowboy18
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:Hes not from Lorne...hes from the

GEELONG FALCONS FOOTY FACTORY...MICKEY TURNER'S MOB DOWN THERE!!!!!

If I heat BT say that one more time I will go postal

I think most footy fans over 40 know what Mickey Turner is actually most famous for..and its got not much to do with football :P
Didn't he have an unusual approach to ensuring that premiership window didn't shut?

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:I think most footy fans over 40 know what Mickey Turner is actually most famous for..and its got not much to do with football :P
It is PANEfully obvious that the GLASS is half full with the guy.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
satchmo
Saintsational Legend

Are you guys just winding me up or what?

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

It was the early call coming out of the club and was repeated by Montagna as the one to watch at the start of 09 I think it was. The club was talking him up with the Robert Harvey comparison, not my word grumps. If I wanted to make a pathetic old curmudgeon look silly i might bother to try to find some evidence to show you or I could not give a f%$# about you.

You dont like it when people pull you up for stupid comments.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

I was a huge wrap for him but not once Have I or I beleive anyone else say he is the next Robert Harvey. He is the first jack but will never be a Robert Harvey and as far as I know has never been mentioned in the same breath until now.[/quote]

It was the early call coming out of the club and was repeated by Montagna as the one to watch at the start of 09 I think it was. The club was talking him up with the Robert Harvey comparison, not my word grumps. If I wanted to make a pathetic old curmudgeon look silly i might bother to try to find some evidence to show you or I could not give a f%$# about you.[/quote]

You dont like it when people pull you up for stupid comments.[/quote]

Blame the club and Leigh Montagna, I'm just relaying a story the club was happy to promote. The fact that you try to antagonise everyone for your own enjoyment makes you an aggravating old prick who i wish i was mature enough to ignore.

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:Blame the club and Leigh Montagna, I'm just relaying a story the club was happy to promote. The fact that you try to antagonise everyone for your own enjoyment makes you an aggravating old prick who i wish i was mature enough to ignore.
on that note, does anyone know what town jack steven came from originally? i've been trying to find out but no-one seems to know.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

bergholt wrote:
gringo wrote:Blame the club and Leigh Montagna, I'm just relaying a story the club was happy to promote. The fact that you try to antagonise everyone for your own enjoyment makes you an aggravating old prick who i wish i was mature enough to ignore.
on that note, does anyone know what town jack steven came from originally? i've been trying to find out but no-one seems to know.
Some town between Aireys Inlet and Wye River, but the name escapes me at the moment :?

PaytonPlace
Club Player

Dr Spaceman wrote:
elizabethr wrote:What pray tell is the significance of Lorne?
You obviously don't listen to this bloke :P

He still is telling anyone that will listen Carlton can still make a comeback against the Saints...he's telling you Darce, he's sensing something special here...

The game finished two weeks ago Bristle...

Seriously, just like Wallsy, I'd rather watch a video of a monkey on a pushbike than listen to this flog...

You can listen to Bristle tell you Carlton are still a massive chance at 28 points down with two minutes to go, you can listen to him tell you all about Lorne, or you can watch a monkey on a pushbike...I know which I prefer...
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

bergholt wrote:
it is a bit of a puzzle really - I think someone mentioned Kennett River.

As far as comarisions with one R Harvey - pfft. There will never be anothe R Harvey.

The boy from Anglesea (or was it Appollo Bay) is more like N Burke in running style attack on the ball and number. Better kick though.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

PaytonPlace wrote: Seriously, just like Wallsy, I'd rather watch a video of a monkey on a pushbike than listen to this flog...
Got a link? :D

PaytonPlace
Club Player

Dr Spaceman wrote:
PaytonPlace wrote: Seriously, just like Wallsy, I'd rather watch a video of a monkey on a pushbike than listen to this flog...
Got a link? :D
Well much as I did think of updating the reference to looking at a picture of a cat dressed as a ships captain, you can't beat the classics...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqqPNY6Mx6s
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kneDHG0yc4

I'm changing my signature too, from now on, any time Bristle tells us the boys from Lorne, I'm straight on to monkey on a pushbike...

You can listen to Bristle tell you Carlton are still a massive chance at 28 points down with two minutes to go, you can listen to him tell you all about Lorne, or you can watch a monkey on a pushbike...I know which I prefer...
PaytonPlace
Club Player

joffaboy wrote:
saint66au wrote:I think most footy fans over 40 know what Mickey Turner is actually most famous for..and its got not much to do with football :P
It is PANEfully obvious that the GLASS is half full with the guy.
Footy fans over 40, and American girls interested in cursory Google research....

Oh boy...WOWEE...

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

PaytonPlace wrote: Footy fans over 40, and American girls interested in cursory Google research....

Oh boy...WOWEE...
Here's what you were missing PP

What girl could resist?

Then again as they say, resistance is futile :wink:

PaytonPlace
Club Player

Dr Spaceman wrote:
PaytonPlace wrote: Footy fans over 40, and American girls interested in cursory Google research....

Oh boy...WOWEE...
Here's what you were missing PP

What girl could resist?

Then again as they say, resistance is futile :wink:
Wowee, strapping young buck...

Yeah and it was the 80s, lot of popular bands around, Duran Duran, Human League, Bananarama...

Some people were big fans of the Cars I believe

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Apparently his favourite chorus from his favourite Cars song - Drive

CHORUS:
You can't go on
Thinking nothing's wrong
Who's gonna drive you home tonight.

Apparently was big in cars with electric windows and 8 tracks

Lance or James??

loris
Saintsational Legend

The only Harvey.....Steven comparison I can recall was from the great man himself "Harves".... and it didn't relate to his footballing similarities.

Harvey was being interviewed in his last season with the Saints. Harves commented on how he realised how long his career had been when he used to see Jack Steven come to training in his school uniform and put it in his locker. It reminded Harves of when he was first starting out at the Saints and he used to be the only player at that time coming to training in a school uniform...... just as young Jack Steven was.

Maybe that's how the comparison with Harves came about.................... just a thought!!