Milera

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

To the top
SS Life Member

Re: Milera

Well, as is elsewhere on this forum I have my criticisms of Thomas as well. Including that he ran a young list into the ground in 2004 and cost us a premiership that year and in subsequent years.

The holy grail in this industry is premierships.

There is no other measurement.

So, except for 1966, no one has delivered at St Kilda.

There is a reason for that.

Strong entities have strong and stable administrations which accomodate and embrace industry best change, consequent superior financial models, strong support networks courtesy of the superior financial model and a strong and committed list of players reflective of the culture and the inherent strength of the entity.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:I have told it is realistic because what I say always happens. That is real. Got any pessimistic comments I have made that you can show me.?

That would involve caring enough to go back into the past, I would rather annoy you by suggesting it until you find your happy place.

Like most who come on here you tore apart every thing I ever posted when I started, that was based on nothing but your assumption of superior football knowledge.

You may have told plenty your realistic but you sound like a narcissist as well as a pessimist now.[/quote]

Well I suppose if you posted things I agree with then you wouldnt get a comment from me and it would also mean you are right. Carry on. By the way I think we will finish between 7th and 10th this year. Is that pessimistic or realistic? Interested on what you think are pessimistic coments.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote:
Spinner wrote:
Scollop wrote:If Lyon focuses on containment, playing 15 blokes around the footy and tagging players in opposition teams rather than trying to win the game...players like Hill or similar less talented younger blokes will never actually get a go...and that's the point about flair and grinding...No matter how good a coach Lyon thought he was, he could never turn Eddy or Farren Ray or Polo into Hill...he had too many defensive role players and taggers and not enough ball winners and players that could snag a sausage or stab pass like Hill. Millera might not have ever been recruited under the Messiah

You really don't have a clue do you....
Who says you need to have a clue. I just like writing cr@p all day and passing the time. If that was the criteria for contributing to the forum then you wouldn't be allowed to would you?

Not sure that makes a lot of sense. Are you saying I would be allowed to contribute to the forum because I don't write crap?

Good for you.

hungry for a premiership
Club Player

Wasn't it Pelchen that recruited Milera?

If so, there's no reason to think he wouldnt have been drafted if ross was there.

There question is, would ross have given him a game??

\Based on previous history, probably not....

"Too big, too strong, too whatever."
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

hungry for a premiership wrote:Wasn't it Pelchen that recruited Milera?

If so, there's no reason to think he wouldnt have been drafted if ross was there.

who cares..

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
The Redeemer
SS Life Member

Fremantle played almost exactly like the way we used to.

When Adam Mcphee and co get coaches' votes you know that the Bossco has found a role for complete spuds like him.

andrewg
Club Player

great fan of TM. Great feeling for a change even after a loss some positives to come out of the game. I have forgotte the feeling of "new hope" within the team.

Megamaguire
Club Player

One of u guys said..."No doubt the return of Gwilt with his penetrating kick and body stength, the return of Clarke with his superb positioning, competative instincts, courage and ability to run and carry and Gram.with his leg speed and abilities to run, carry and kick long will improve our defensive unit - and our team."

I had forgotten about Raph, but i think u r right reg: his return alongside Gwilty. We need their ability to launch foeward from defence and the back end looks a lot better with these 2 in and being serious contributers. I'm hoping Watters has the same success with Raph as he did with Leon Davis. I think we will see a change away from the classic stoppers like Blake, Dempster and Baker under Watters but the ability to stop will not be abandoned entirely i hope. We still have a forward line on the horizon that needs to be built up again post Rooey/Kosi and defenders and mids that can 'stop' opposition plays are still valuable.
However it wis great to see some natural awareness and skills in Milera. -Positive Player.
With Gwilt returning soon hopefully we should see some continued improving in the overall team structure.

GO SAINTS!

The boy can play and we can build a defence around him that will have respect.
AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

Saw the replay of Terry's baulk and dribble shot at goal for the first time a couple of nights ago and it's amazing how easily he's able to dodge around someone. Just makes them look silly and gets around them like they're not there. He stuffed the play up when he bounced it a second time unnecessarily and didn't regain it properly, but even then still almost kicked the goal from the boundary on his left!
He is fun to watch!

YOU GET WHAT YOU SETTLE FOR.
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Anyone else looking forward to how he'll go at the G?

Reckon he'll suit the wide open spaces.

Milne too may find the space refreshing?

hungry for a premiership
Club Player

SaintPav wrote:
hungry for a premiership wrote:Wasn't it Pelchen that recruited Milera?

who cares..

sorry saintpav, for actually talking about St.kilda matters and not degenerating into personal attacks to determine who has the bigger dick. As this is a St.kilda fan forum, I'm assuming that some people on here actually care more about discussing St.Kilda matters than masturbating over their own ego's.

(I am aware of the irony of this post)

"Too big, too strong, too whatever."
SuperDuper
Club Player

seems to have been given permission to work his day job even whilst on the field. Sold about 4 dummies again tonight. Won salesman of the month award at Dummies R Us

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

SuperDuper wrote:seems to have been given permission to work his day job even whilst on the field. Sold about 4 dummies again tonight. Won salesman of the month award at Dummies R Us
gold :lol:

Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

SuperDuper wrote:seems to have been given permission to work his day job even whilst on the field. Sold about 4 dummies again tonight. Won salesman of the month award at Dummies R Us
Hi SuperD, I too hope you keep posting. :D

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen:
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

so now we have the dummy seller and the dummy spitter(bj)

AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

Exactly. Was incredible stuff every time he got the ball from about the 20 minute mark of the 2nd quarter, when he had a 5 minute patch of brilliance.

His ability to get out of trouble and get around, over, or simply bamboozle someone, is just amazing. He finds space when you just wouldn't think there is any and it's so much fun to watch him do it! :D

His ball handling was simply a class above everyone else out there tonight, especially when it got wet. It's like he was still playing dry weather footy, while everyone else was playing wet and slippery footy.

And another super-pleasing aspect of his game tonight was how many times he put his head over the ball and fought tooth and nail for the pill. The article about him in the paper today spoke about that and it was evident in his game tonight. Was fantastic to see him do that repeatedly.

Just a pleasure to go and watch him play!

Griggsy
SS Life Member

Amazing how confident he was, it gets better every week. Tight game, doesn't panic to dispose the ball, cool calm collected.

And I bet people wouldn't guess that his DE% for the night was 92% with 12 disposals. Pretty good in the wet i reckon.

PS.
We also have Lenny offering candy only to take it back, how cruel :P

Junction Oval
SS Life Member

I don't think that I have been so excited so early on, about "silky skills" since Rooey came on the scene. The signs were there from his first game - poise, balance, change of direction. Consistent games provide experience, which builds confidence - some good head over the ball stuff last night.

With more games and a bigger body, anything is possible for him.

Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

Best.set.of.steak.knives.ever :!:

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen:
AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

Exactly! How good must GWS's list be if they let him go for a bag of chips!?