Milera

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

battye
Saintsational Legend

Milera

It's nice to see a first year player out there performing from the word go. I'm not sure how many touches he got (not too interested in looking at the stats right now as it would involve reading the score), but I'm guessing about 15. And with time he'll get more, and he'll get better.

But already he's showing natural flare, he's exciting to watch because he plays instinctively and he does it well. He missed that dribbled shot from the pocket by about a metre, had it paid off it would have been one of the goals of the year. When he carries the ball it looks almost Lenny Hayes like.

He's becoming one of my favourite players; I just hope his rise will be a meteoric one. We sure as hell need it.

Feature article: KFC's "Double Down" burger!

TV Ratings: Hey Hey It's Saturday ratings overview

Do you know what C# is? .NET? Then you need to know this: XSD
One Eyed Saint
Club Player

Re: Milera

This guy is a jet - speed, skills and class

8856brother
Saintsational Legend

battye wrote:It's nice to see a first year player out there performing from the word go. I'm not sure how many touches he got (not too interested in looking at the stats right now as it would involve reading the score), but I'm guessing about 15. And with time he'll get more, and he'll get better.

But already he's showing natural flare, he's exciting to watch because he plays instinctively and he does it well. He missed that dribbled shot from the pocket by about a metre, had it paid off it would have been one of the goals of the year. When he carries the ball it looks almost Lenny Hayes like.

He's becoming one of my favourite players; I just hope his rise will be a meteoric one. We sure as hell need it.
Won't see him kicking backwards. His sidestep in the last qtr was unbelievable. Then had a bounce with his left then his right. Pity he didn't finish it off with a goal. I think he confused himself.

Saintsational Legend

But not a great deal of confidence which is understandable.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

what impressed me with Milera was his ability to work himself into the game in the last quarter, after being quiet.

Was his worst game so far for us, but at least when things hotted up in the last, he started to get going.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
8856brother
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:what impressed me with Milera was his ability to work himself into the game in the last quarter, after being quiet.

Was his worst game so far for us, but at least when things hotted up in the last, he started to get going.
If that's the worst he plays for us, we have found something special.

Takes it on, flashes of brilliance... only knock on him is he can run himself into trouble a bit, usually wins it back though... Im sold on him but can still see a lot of improvement with more time in the big stuff.

Strength through Loyalty
Go those mighty Sainters!!
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Really impressive IMO

He has some things to work on, but taking into account where he was 12 mths ago..... Bonus

Verdun66
SS Hall of Fame

Really like him...got the X-Factor. He needs more confidence, and then we'll see great things. Gives away 2 or 3 soft frees every game, which is annoying. But gets a couple as well.

Saintersss
Club Player

Really like him, however is it just me or does he lack a little bit of intensity? I guess it's just his style. But, in the last quarter when Milne kicked it over his head and Pavlich picked it up, he didn't really show any desperation to tackle Pav. Just a little thing I've noticed about him, and pretty much his only flaw.

8856brother
Saintsational Legend

Saintersss wrote:Really like him, however is it just me or does he lack a little bit of intensity? I guess it's just his style. But, in the last quarter when Milne kicked it over his head and Pavlich picked it up, he didn't really show any desperation to tackle Pav. Just a little thing I've noticed about him, and pretty much his only flaw.
Disagree sorry. His tackling and smothering have been first class. His intensity IMO is what has made him stand out, as well as his skills. If he would just stop giving away frees he will get even better.

Club Player

That was his worst game for us so far, yet he still came within a bee's knob of setting the team on fire. Let him get one full season under his belt and you know he's going to do something special every game. That baulk and sidestep was scintillating. He's got a qaulity I haven't seen in a saints player for a while, a raw skill that reminds me of players like Aussie Jones, Nicky Winmar, Andrew McLoud

"Too big, too strong, too whatever."
clarky449
Saintsational Legend

8856brother wrote:
Saintersss wrote:Really like him, however is it just me or does he lack a little bit of intensity? I guess it's just his style. But, in the last quarter when Milne kicked it over his head and Pavlich picked it up, he didn't really show any desperation to tackle Pav. Just a little thing I've noticed about him, and pretty much his only flaw.
Disagree sorry. His tackling and smothering have been first class. His intensity IMO is what has made him stand out, as well as his skills. If he would just stop giving away frees he will get even better.
Have to agree, i think his tackling and ive seen him do some great smothers.

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

0 tackles tonight. Needs to lift. He is exciting but there are reasons he only debuted at 23

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Disliked his double bounce just before losing control of the ball.

Great game but that stuff is unnecessary. Double bouncing the ball and he got his just deserves. Cost us a goal at the end.

whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

Did anybody notice his light tap on to a team mate in the 1st half, seemed like the other bloke didn't anticipate it so Milera went back in and mopped up himself.

Riewoldt and Goddard to live up to their reputations ,Clarke and Ray to defy theirs in 2012!
Griggsy
SS Life Member

Bruce loves him, on a scale from 0 - Cyril he'd be around 7.5 for the amount of praise he gets when he touches it.

mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

Started quite poorly tonight but did get into the game as it went on. Needed to back himself more and take the first option rather than overthinking and coughing it up. One thing I do love about his game is that he actually presents in the middle of the ground rather than leading out to the boundary line. He gets the footy in the center and takes off; just needs to settle down and play his natural game.

Bardon Saint
Club Player

I loved his baulk running into goal. He sold me the dummy, it would have been huge if he composed himself and finished the job. But alas..

dragit
Saintsational Legend

whiskers3614 wrote:Did anybody notice his light tap on to a team mate in the 1st half, seemed like the other bloke didn't anticipate it so Milera went back in and mopped up himself.
If only some of his team-mates could see the game as fast as he can... Some of the slickest handballing I have ever seen.

Plenty more sweety treaties to come.

Junction Oval
SS Life Member

Great skills. Great potential. He just needs more experience and a bit more bulk to be a top AFL player - it takes time.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Bardon Saint wrote:I loved his baulk running into goal. He sold me the dummy, it would have been huge if he composed himself and finished the job. But alas..
oh it was a sweet piece of candy fopr sale!
i bought it all day long.

Foz
Club Player

I noticed and wrote about this in the Wangaratta pre-season game. Hopefully its just confidence and belief. But at present he would be needing to improve this part of his game IMO. Lots of positives though.

Here is what i wrote 3 March...

Terry Milera - this guy got a fair bit of it, theres not a lot of him but he can find the footy. His skills are fairly decent and I'd love to see him let down on a fast track. I watched him go 1-on-1 with BJ for the loose ball, his only knock is his intensity at the footy may need to go up a peg.

felix
Club Player

Would be good to see him at the g with a bit more space

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

felix wrote:Would be good to see him at the g with a bit more space
next week

Posting 20 years of holey crap!