Saints officially announce Dean Laidley & Peter Burge

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

markp
Saintsational Legend

BelfastSaint wrote:Dean Laidley .... Never liked him ...
Whats he ever done ... ?
Watters he done Laidley?

dragit
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote:
BelfastSaint wrote:Dean Laidley .... Never liked him ...
Whats he ever done ... ?
Watters he done Laidley?
Nice

matrix
Saintsational Legend

he doesnt die at the end of it......

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

Burge ticks a few boxes...

But Nettlefold had an absolutely gun candidate in mind. One of the top operators in Aus sport. A contract elsewhere prevented him from switching.

Nettlefold's pitch was a beauty. Candidate was hugely impressed but had to turn it down, reluctantly. Club is aiming high. Great to see.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

defacto
Club Player

evertonfc wrote:Burge ticks a few boxes...

But Nettlefold had an absolutely gun candidate in mind. One of the top operators in Aus sport. A contract elsewhere prevented him from switching.

Nettlefold's pitch was a beauty. Candidate was hugely impressed but had to turn it down, reluctantly. Club is aiming high. Great to see.
PM me?

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

defacto wrote:

PM me?
I would but I don't feel it's right. Nettlefold did the right thing, went for the right candidate and I would hope we go again for him in future years, so I'd rather not spread his name.

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

evertonfc wrote:
defacto wrote:

PM me?
I would but I don't feel it's right. Nettlefold did the right thing, went for the right candidate and I would hope we go again for him in future years, so I'd rather not spread his name.
Why mention it then....save the big noting for private occasions.....

Saints looking like a bottom 4 team in 2024.
Beekay
SS Life Member

bobmurray wrote:
evertonfc wrote:
defacto wrote:

PM me?
disagree

appreciate the info

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

Beekay wrote:
bobmurray wrote:
evertonfc wrote:
defacto wrote:

PM me?
disagree

appreciate the info
Exactly right beekay - poor form bobmurray.

I was praising Nettlefold. Big noting couldn't interest me less. I wanted to bring a snippet of insight to here, nothing more.

Take it or leave it.

SMS
Club Player

IF people have positive feedback for Nettleford I say yell it because where Im sittin he should be sacked. terrible job. Salary cap - losing players, lost the best coach in the comp due to slackness ... doesn't instill confidence!

Although Laidley and Burge are GREAT pick ups! I like Watters appointment, so far. CARN THE SAINTS FLAG in 2012 lets finish this!

saintly
Saintsational Legend

SMS wrote:IF people have positive feedback for Nettleford I say yell it because where Im sittin he should be sacked. terrible job. Salary cap - losing players, lost the best coach in the comp due to slackness ... doesn't instill confidence!

Although Laidley and Burge are GREAT pick ups! I like Watters appointment, so far. CARN THE SAINTS FLAG in 2012 lets finish this!
crap.

Salary cap issues - every club has them. other clubs are just not in the papers

losing players, who ? lets look at it, Walsh. well, we tried to keep him, but that lyon's falut for not playing him this year when there were chances to. Zac? maybe, but he aint worth a payrise. and if he goes, he goes!

lost the best coach? that lying turd? he maybe a great coach but he has no morals and he also did things wrong. lack of development of players, lack of positive media, etc etc. and as for waiting until the end of this year to re-sign him. Good on the saints for not being driven by the media, or by Lyon and his lack of money. In april he still had 18 months to go on his contract. noone signs a coach that far out. noone.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

SMS wrote:IF people have positive feedback for Nettleford I say yell it because where Im sittin he should be sacked. terrible job. Salary cap - losing players, lost the best coach in the comp due to slackness ... doesn't instill confidence!

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

evertonfc wrote:
Beekay wrote:
bobmurray wrote:
evertonfc wrote:
defacto wrote:

PM me?
disagree

appreciate the info
Exactly right beekay - poor form bobmurray.

I was praising Nettlefold. Big noting couldn't interest me less. I wanted to bring a snippet of insight to here, nothing more.

Take it or leave it.
Nothing to do with poor form, you just wanted everyone to know you knew something they didn't but had no intention of sharing the information...

that's my definition of big noting....

Take it or leave it.

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

bobmurray wrote: Nothing to do with poor form, you just wanted everyone to know you knew something they didn't but had no intention of sharing the information...

Take it or leave it.
Geez, talk about digging a hole for yourself.

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

evertonfc wrote:
bobmurray wrote: Nothing to do with poor form, you just wanted everyone to know you knew something they didn't but had no intention of sharing the information...

Take it or leave it.
Geez, talk about digging a hole for yourself.
Disagree dude

SMS
Club Player

saintly wrote:

crap.

Salary cap issues - every club has them. other clubs are just not in the papers

losing players, who ? lets look at it, Walsh. well, we tried to keep him, but that lyon's falut for not playing him this year when there were chances to. Zac? maybe, but he aint worth a payrise. and if he goes, he goes!

lost the best coach? that lying turd? he maybe a great coach but he has no morals and he also did things wrong. lack of development of players, lack of positive media, etc etc. and as for waiting until the end of this year to re-sign him. Good on the saints for not being driven by the media, or by Lyon and his lack of money. In april he still had 18 months to go on his contract. noone signs a coach that far out. noone.

We are about to lose dawson and WALSH 2 kpp backman.

Lyon was not helped when he needed it. Thats a positive spin and im all for it but how does a club going back to back grand finals end up massively in debt? from those years? Something not adding up. We cant keep dawson and walsh? seriously?

HitTheBoundary
SS Hall of Fame

SMS wrote: Thats a positive spin and im all for it but how does a club going back to back grand finals end up massively in debt? from those years?
I understand we made a loss, but who said we are massively in debt? Two different things, surely.

saintly
Saintsational Legend

HitTheBoundary wrote:
SMS wrote: Thats a positive spin and im all for it but how does a club going back to back grand finals end up massively in debt? from those years?
I understand we made a loss, but who said we are massively in debt? Two different things, surely.
we do have a new asset - being seaford, which is only 1 year old.

and we do owe money from that.