Why is it...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Cro
Club Player

saint75 wrote:
Cro wrote:
saint75 wrote: When have you EVER seen free kick given when a runner runs over the mark of a player from his own team? When? I want round number, team and the year cause I sure as effin well haven't!!!!
You don't see it because most Runners are familiar with the rules. Clearly ours aren't.
Did that make you feel better? Will you sleep easier tonight?

Wasn't the question I asked and other runners HAVE made the same error in the past. So do you want to try again?
Go on making a fool of your self having a whinge about a legit free kick then.

saint75
SS Hall of Fame

Cro wrote:
saint75 wrote:
Cro wrote:
saint75 wrote: When have you EVER seen free kick given when a runner runs over the mark of a player from his own team? When? I want round number, team and the year cause I sure as effin well haven't!!!!
You don't see it because most Runners are familiar with the rules. Clearly ours aren't.
Did that make you feel better? Will you sleep easier tonight?

Wasn't the question I asked and other runners HAVE made the same error in the past. So do you want to try again?
Go on making a fool of your self having a whinge about a legit free kick then.
Not what I asked. So I will ask it again. WHEN have you ever seen it actually paid?

Seriously, is English your second language?

Fortius Quo Fidelius
noreason41
Club Player

Funny how frustrated we all are.

Bit like watching the game tonight.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

St Lenny wrote: Having said that, 2 Girlong players ran into each other and we got the free, well the same thing happened to us v Colinwood the other week.

But Girlong are truely the biggest packer of whingers ever.
thank goodness they did pay that free- they chould ahve put a saint between them if they were going for holding the ball- instead just gave each other a cuddle

heard on rdio some one say they listen to the game with the Umpire audio and the Geelong players one CL inparticular are at the Umpires all night and they wondered how the umpires can then concentrate when seent o be lsitening to and debating with said players

and since when did a tap over teh top become a handball and a legitimate pass-- although when it's tried by the saints ( nick last week) it'snot legitimate..

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
ralphsmith
SS Hall of Fame

saint75 wrote:You forgot to mention the mark that was not paid to Macca early in the 3rd where the ball was knocked out of his hand and his face was almost taken off his face and he left the ground under the blood rule with cut to the nose area......

Knew we were in trouble when I saw that Ray 'I have no effin idea' Chamberlain was umpiring.....

Not saying the umpires are 'biased', well, maybe I am. Either that or they are incompetent........ :evil:
Mac received a huge arm chop and face smash, no free kick mark not paid.

It was a f****** disgrace and the stkilda football club should complain abouy this st.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

ralphsmith wrote:
saint75 wrote:You forgot to mention the mark that was not paid to Macca early in the 3rd where the ball was knocked out of his hand and his face was almost taken off his face and he left the ground under the blood rule with cut to the nose area......

Knew we were in trouble when I saw that Ray 'I have no effin idea' Chamberlain was umpiring.....

Not saying the umpires are 'biased', well, maybe I am. Either that or they are incompetent........ :evil:

It was a f****** disgrace and the stkilda football club should complain abouy this st.
Clearly that was the reason we lost. It was clear only Geelong got lucky frees and none were missed for them by the umpires.

mullet
Saintsational Legend

Geelong actually didnt look like scoring in the third quarter. We had so much of the ball. and then non payment of marks to us in their forward line Mac and baker and 2 free kicks to them that resulted in goals would have to deflate the team.

How can anyone say this does not impact on the game.

I know our skills cost us too, but how anyone cannot question the umpiring performance of one Ray Chamberlain last night I dont get.

This guy imposes himself into the game. He actually tries to umpire the whole game instead of keeping to his own zone.

Oh and there was a time last night that he actually went to gesture holding the ball, and then he changed his mind because guess who's free it would of been, yes Schneiders. I was not the only one who saw this this all around me in also saw it.

And after some great work by Jack steven a free kick was paid to gram who had actually done nothing, jack should have taken the kick.

I am actually sick of good games of footy being wrecked by umpires with their own agendas.

For the record I thought the other 2 umpires last night were ok, however Ray loves the limelight far too much and actually takes over.

We dont mind ripping in to our own team about their poor skills, well the umpires deserve the same for their poor performance

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:My favourite was the one paid to Stokes in the goalsquare, when he had (can't remember who's) arm locked under his armpit.
Yeah but I reckon that Milne gets those ones every time so it sort of evens up.

:sarcasm:

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
meher baba
Saintsational Legend

saintbrat wrote:
St Lenny wrote: Having said that, 2 Girlong players ran into each other and we got the free, well the same thing happened to us v Colinwood the other week.

But Girlong are truely the biggest packer of whingers ever.
thank goodness they did pay that free- they chould ahve put a saint between them if they were going for holding the ball- instead just gave each other a cuddle

heard on rdio some one say they listen to the game with the Umpire audio and the Geelong players one CL inparticular are at the Umpires all night and they wondered how the umpires can then concentrate when seent o be lsitening to and debating with said players
One BK at the Swans was even worse in my observation. There is no excuse for the umps being distracted by this type of stuff. First of all, they should be strong enough to ignore it: schoolteachers can do it, so why not umps. Secondly, when - as it sometimes does - it goes beyond whinging to become intimidating, then the 50 metre penalty is there to use.

I think the problem rests with a widespread tendency I have observed among AFL fans and even the officials I have met: they don't object in principle to the umpiring being no good, as long as it doesn't adversely affect their team.

Until the AFL community is united in wanting to see a higher standard of umpiring, it won't happen.

In the interim, they've at least got to do something about players diving for free kicks. It was shocking last night.

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

And what about Podsif*ckly? How many frees does he get where he is the one that is holding the defenders jumper? Pri*k.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
ralphsmith wrote:

Clearly that was the reason we lost. It was clear only Geelong got lucky frees and none were missed for them by the umpires.

P66 without being a smart arse honestly try and explain the non free to Kosi. Zac and Co are crucified up back with any contact whats so ever yet Lonergan continually refuses to make the ball his priority.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
ralphsmith wrote:

P66 without being a smart arse honestly try and explain the non free to Kosi. Zac and Co are crucified up back with any contact whats so ever yet Lonergan continually refuses to make the ball his priority.
They make mistakes just like players. We may have had a few missed but so would have they. In the end we certainly had as good a run with the umps as Geelong. Blaming the umps hides cracks in our game. I would be blaming things the club can control like kicking and marking and stupid decisions.

mullet
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
ralphsmith wrote:

Oh please dont massage P66's ego by asking him to explain

He just likes to disagree with the consensus

even P66 cannot justify Ray Chamberlains performance last night but he will just to be different.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

bulls***
stick up for the umps because you have umped for the last 48 decades

the amount of arm chopping was a bloody joke
kozi got mauled and roo would have bruising down the back of his arms this morning
nothing paid
explain the free against baker in the stokes contest
NOTHING IN IT, play on!!!

ho w do they miss EVERY arm chop
i mean if ten occur probability says you should be getting one paid

nope
they wernt interested in paying them
of course they miss frees for both sides, human nature
but crikey there was blatent chopping and scragging by cats defenders (the same as most weeks) and nothing was done about it

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

You guys are funny.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
CURLY wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
ralphsmith wrote:

They make mistakes just like players. We may have had a few missed but so would have they. In the end we certainly had as good a run with the umps as Geelong. Blaming the umps hides cracks in our game. I would be blaming things the club can control like kicking and marking and stupid decisions.
No completely wrong and not acceptable. When a umpire is in perfect position to see the Scarlett push there is no preasure no excuse to not pay it. The umpire umpired the player not the infringement. The same as the Milne non free for the high hit. In excusable and a poor mind set.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

just realistic
so you didnt see all the scragging and arm chopping???

youd be able to get a gig next week then

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

matrix wrote:just realistic

Yep saw it on both sides. Must be fun to watch a game thinking the umpires are going to miss our frees and see theirs.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
matrix wrote:just realistic

Yep saw it on both sides. Must be fun to watch a game thinking the umpires are going to miss our frees and see theirs.
Plugger when high profile ex footballers declare the umps are killing Riewoldt I listen. To many times hes pushed and blocked and held. Its poor umpiring. Local football the umps have an excuse but not at AFL level. If they are paid the amount they are surely reviewing tapes on how teams block hold and chop a star forward are a priority thats a disgrace. Pay one early and it stops then its a even contest. Inexcusable.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

both sides??
well i did not see dawson do it, or chips

musta been gwilt
jimmy you bad boy
bad bad bad

must be fun to watch a game and agree with every umpiring decision thats made in the two hours.
anyhoo
didnt cost us the game, kicking did that, not what im bothered about
im bothered about an ump being 10 to 15 meters away and not seeing a blatant free kick when i can see him on the telly watching the contest seeing the contest and seeing the arm chop
and does nothing
did he blink?
is he a cheat?
or does he need glasses?

then ten minutes later pull out a dicky stupid little touchy feelly free?
does not make sense

:?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

matrix wrote:both sides??

musta been gwilt
jimmy you bad boy
bad bad bad

must be fun to watch a game and agree with every umpiring decision thats made in the two hours.
anyhoo
im bothered about an ump being 10 to 15 meters away and not seeing a blatant free kick when i can see him on the telly watching the contest seeing the contest and seeing the arm chop
and does nothing
did he blink?
is he a cheat?
or does he need glasses?

does not make sense

Do you read things and take it in or just make things up. When did I say I agree with every umpiring decision? Never ever said that. I just see both sides and see errors that either favour both sides or hurt both sides. I reckon you could go on a Geelong forum now and they would be whinging just as much as some here. Does that make their supporters dumb or just maybe supporters only see the mistakes for their own side.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

good f****** lord its like talking to my cat :roll:

suss
Club Player

matrix wrote:good f****** lord its like talking to my cat :roll:
He's just an agitator - just ignore him. He's made 20,000 posts and 3 of them have been worthwhile.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

musta been gwilt
jimmy you bad boy
bad bad bad

anyhoo
and does nothing
did he blink?
is he a cheat?
or does he need glasses?

does not make sense

Do you read things and take it in or just make things up. When did I say I agree with every umpiring decision? Never ever said that. I just see both sides and see errors that either favour both sides or hurt both sides. I reckon you could go on a Geelong forum now and they would be whinging just as much as some here. Does that make their supporters dumb or just maybe supporters only see the mistakes for their own side.

Incorrect my grandfather who played over ten years at Geelong and is a life member there said we should go directly to the umpires with footage. While happy Geelong won he is honest in his assesments of the poor treatment of Riewoldt are in my view are spot on.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

musta been gwilt
jimmy you bad boy
bad bad bad

anyhoo
and does nothing
did he blink?
is he a cheat?
or does he need glasses?

does not make sense

Incorrect my grandfather who played over ten years at Geelong and is a life member there said we should go directly to the umpires with footage. While happy Geelong won he is honest in his assesments of the poor treatment of Riewoldt are in my view are spot on.
He sounds sensible but I still say there would be threads on every board after just about every game, even when sides play each other. Who is right then, the PEOPLE WHO ARE THE LOUNDEST?