Sam Gilbert & his position in the side

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

If it comes out that Gilbo TOOK the dal santo picture that opens a whole new can of worms.
Last edited by Con Gorozidis on Tue 21 Dec 2010 10:22am, edited 1 time in total.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

oh dear
was the photo THAT bad

here we go :evil:

Moccha
Saintsational Legend

Then he will be given the arse.

Another opportunity awaits!
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Moccha wrote:Then he will be given the arse.
oh really dont start using phrases such as that in this situation.

saintnick12
Club Player

Con Gorozidis wrote:If it comes out that Gilbo TOOK the dal santo picture that opens a whole new can of worms.
They implied that was the case. Well certainly that it was taken from Sam's computer.
THey also said that Dal was unaware it was taken.
Appears multiple breaches of trust by Gilbo

"At the end of the day, a coach and a fitness adviser doesn't make a good football team, they're not the only ones who got us to two Grand Finals." Lenny Hayes. 27/9/2011.
Moods
Saintsational Legend

saintnick12 wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:If it comes out that Gilbo TOOK the dal santo picture that opens a whole new can of worms.
They implied that was the case. Well certainly that it was taken from Sam's computer.
THey also said that Dal was unaware it was taken.
Appears multiple breaches of trust by Gilbo
I don't believe for a second that either Roo or dal were unaware the photos were taken. Why Gilbo would keep them after 5 minutes though......?????

Junction Oval
SS Life Member

What is clearly a serious breach of trust between players, is not good for team solidarity going forward.

The problewm now is - what's to come, how much publicity, and what instability will it create between players ?? [/list]

PJ
SS Life Member

I don't believe for a second that either Roo or dal were unaware the photos were taken. Why Gilbo would keep them after 5 minutes though......?????
Roo said he was getting out of bed when it was taken then asked for it to be deleted immediately. Gilbert would appear to need a little bit of a maturity check.

I've never seen a bad St.Kilda player - that's just how they are.
Saints43
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:Well you give me the reason he kept them and also the reason the girl happened to know the photos were there? I again say it seems obvious.
How about... he syncs his phone to his laptop so that all contacts, notes, photos, emails etc are backed up. It's possible that the photos have been deleted from the phone after syncing but remain on the PC. Maybe SG doesn't know how that stuff works all that well.
And she's a creepy stalker who goes through his laptop while he has a shower.

Why he took the photos is still beyond me.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Re: Sam Gilbert & his position in the side

Bardon Saint wrote:
Thompson4 wrote:What does this incident mean now for Gilbert. I saw someone say it was like McLeod & Edwards. Will this mean anything for Gilbert at Saints in 2011?
What? Someone fill me in. I live in QLD, no TV or radio coverage. What is going on between roo and gilbert? News to me. Is there a newspaper link? I have no idea what's going on but I don't like it.
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/br ... 5974296006

st_nick
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:Either HBF or HFF.
certainly not BFF. :wink:

saintnick12
Club Player

st_nick wrote:
plugger66 wrote:Either HBF or HFF.
certainly not BFF. :wink:
:lol: :lol:

"At the end of the day, a coach and a fitness adviser doesn't make a good football team, they're not the only ones who got us to two Grand Finals." Lenny Hayes. 27/9/2011.
Harvey To Hayes
Club Player

joffaboy wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
matrix wrote:why on earth would you keep pics like that on ya lappie

what a rather large pratt

unreal

if he sports a black eye and a crooked nose at the next training session he'd deserve it
idiot

I reckon it is pretty obvious and I will say what maybe some are thinking. To show girls the captains dick when they come back to his place. Bit of a laugh also may impress a girl or two. Surely this girl didnt just guess he had photos like this. He must have showed her and then she downloaded illegally.
Yup - Sam Gilbert seems to be the fool in this.

Lets hope he realises he has let his captain, his club, and maybe more importantly himself down with the outright embarrassment he has caused to Riewoldt and Dal Santo.

All he can do is apologise in private to the two Nicks and learn a very valuable life lesson.
I'd be fairly disturbed for different reasons if it turns out that she got the Dal pick from Gilbo's computer...

The future's so bright I've got to wear shades...
dals_da_bomb
Club Player

in refernce to the Dal pic, he was unaware that while patting the monkey lying in a comfotable position, that who ever was not far from him was taking a picture?

The Tiger and the Lion may be more powerful, but the Wolf does not perform in the circus.
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

dals_da_bomb wrote:in refernce to the Dal pic, he was unaware that while patting the monkey lying in a comfotable position, that who ever was not far from him was taking a picture?
Was it Dian Fossey? :lol:

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

This is a massive storm in a teacup and people seem to be missing the true villain.

The jilted young "lady" who seems hellbent on vengeance towards Gilbert and St Kilda at any cost.

Sam's guilty of stupidity at worst and is not going anywhere.

Act like Dal and get a grip people.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

It may be hard for some people to believe, but this will die down.

Fact is that Gilbert is in our best 22 and as such he will play and be crucial to us in 2011. What happens after that will depend on many things.

Roo is no fool and is well aware his premiership window is closing. He’s a total professional and will be aware that SG is a vital cog in the Saints tilt for a flag.

If the choice at retirement is this scandal plus a flag, or no scandal and no flag, I think I know what he’d take.

saintnick12
Club Player

Dr Spaceman wrote:It may be hard for some people to believe, but this will die down.

Fact is that Gilbert is in our best 22 and as such he will play and be crucial to us in 2011. What happens after that will depend on many things.

Roo is no fool and is well aware his premiership window is closing. He’s a total professional and will be aware that SG is a vital cog in the Saints tilt for a flag.

If the choice at retirement is this scandal plus a flag, or no scandal and no flag, I think I know what he’d take.
Totally agree.
They will work it out on a professional level. Roo was adamant about the fact that they are professionals and will have no problems. He didn't mention their personal friendship (if they even had one), which is now obviously strained. They don't have to be friends. They do have to be able to work together towards the best for the Saints. I've no doubt this will occur

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Re: Sam Gilbert & his position in the side

saintnick12 wrote:
Thompson4 wrote:What does this incident mean now for Gilbert. I saw someone say it was like McLeod & Edwards. Will this mean anything for Gilbert at Saints in 2011?
I believe Roo when he says they will be professional and give everything for the St Kilda football club. No hiding the fact that their personal friendship is completely fractured. How this affects the team going forward remains to be seen. Let's hope Ross' opinion that they will cope with it, move on and keep improving and trying to win the flag is true.
I'm thinking you are Nick Riewoldt. Your level of intimate insight can be held by none other than he.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
Saints94
SS Life Member

We just need to brush this aside and have a merry christmas.

IluvHarvey
SS Life Member

Saints94 wrote:We just need to brush this aside and have a merry christmas.
Merry Christmas Saints94 :D

"It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress."
Moccha
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:This is a massive storm in a teacup and people seem to be missing the true villain.

The jilted young "lady" who seems hellbent on vengeance towards Gilbert and St Kilda at any cost.

You should write IMHO he's not going anywhere because like everyone on here you wouldn't have a clue. You just don't know what Lyon's threshold limit is

Another opportunity awaits!
gringo
Saintsational Legend

The young lady who has had such terrible experiences at the hands of AFL players continues to fraternise with them. She has been trying to sell the pictures for ages and couldn't get a bite.

Now for the great moral outrage at having her reputation dragged through the mud- I thought it was her principal that went public and complained to the police- she is publishing them as a payback.

This girl in the same sentence as saying her reputation has been damaged says she has numerous pics of other teams naked.

I can't work out what reputation she wanted to defend.

IluvHarvey
SS Life Member

Moccha wrote:
bigcarl wrote:This is a massive storm in a teacup and people seem to be missing the true villain.

You should write IMHO he's not going anywhere because like everyone on here you wouldn't have a clue. You just don't know what Lyon's threshold limit is
Everyone's comments here are just their opinion. To write IMHO every time is pointless.

"It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress."
Saints94
SS Life Member

IluvHarvey wrote:
Saints94 wrote:We just need to brush this aside and have a merry christmas.
Merry Christmas Saints94 :D
Merry Christmas to you and to everybody! :D