Sam Gilbert & his position in the side

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Thompson4
Club Player

Sam Gilbert & his position in the side

What does this incident mean now for Gilbert. I saw someone say it was like McLeod & Edwards. Will this mean anything for Gilbert at Saints in 2011?

Andrew Thompson - The most underrated player in the AFL
matrix
Saintsational Legend

trade him
only got a left thats average 8-)

saintnick12
Club Player

Re: Sam Gilbert & his position in the side

Thompson4 wrote:What does this incident mean now for Gilbert. I saw someone say it was like McLeod & Edwards. Will this mean anything for Gilbert at Saints in 2011?
I believe Roo when he says they will be professional and give everything for the St Kilda football club. No hiding the fact that their personal friendship is completely fractured. How this affects the team going forward remains to be seen. Let's hope Ross' opinion that they will cope with it, move on and keep improving and trying to win the flag is true.

"At the end of the day, a coach and a fitness adviser doesn't make a good football team, they're not the only ones who got us to two Grand Finals." Lenny Hayes. 27/9/2011.
CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Your joking right? Please get a clue then come back.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
Thompson4
Club Player

saintnick12 wrote:
Thompson4 wrote:What does this incident mean now for Gilbert. I saw someone say it was like McLeod & Edwards. Will this mean anything for Gilbert at Saints in 2011?
I believe Roo when he says they will be professional and give everything for the St Kilda football club. No hiding the fact that their personal friendship is completely fractured.
Sorry I didn't hear the last bit of the press conferrence I was listening to 3AW.

Andrew Thompson - The most underrated player in the AFL
markp
Saintsational Legend

Safe.

But I dont think they'll be sharing hotel rooms again soon.

Not cool.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Either HBF or HFF.

IluvHarvey
SS Life Member

I didn't hear the Press Conference did he actually state that the friendship between himself and Gilbert was over?

"It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress."
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

IluvHarvey wrote:I didn't hear the Press Conference did he actually state that the friendship between himself and Gilbert was over?

No but they will not be buying each other Xmas presents.

IluvHarvey
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:Either HBF or HFF.
Thats what I thought :wink:

"It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress."
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
IluvHarvey wrote:I didn't hear the Press Conference did he actually state that the friendship between himself and Gilbert was over?

No but they will not be buying each other Xmas presents.
Well not a memory stick anyway :wink:

Bardon Saint
Club Player

What? Someone fill me in. I live in QLD, no TV or radio coverage. What is going on between roo and gilbert? News to me. Is there a newspaper link? I have no idea what's going on but I don't like it.

saintnick12
Club Player

No he didn't, but it was obvious from the way he spoke. He was at pains to say they are both professionals and will do their best for the club etc etc, never said anything about their personal relationship. Clearly he is very disappointed with Sam.

He was asked if he will speak to Sam...he said it was up to Sam to speak to him. He did nothing to hide his disappointment in Sam, while maintaining they will be professional
Last edited by saintnick12 on Tue 21 Dec 2010 10:07am, edited 1 time in total.

"At the end of the day, a coach and a fitness adviser doesn't make a good football team, they're not the only ones who got us to two Grand Finals." Lenny Hayes. 27/9/2011.
wallbanger
Club Player

What was he thinking?

Surely his position at the Club would be jeopardy - to do that to the Captain, a man who prides himself on his professionalism, is beyond belief. The taking of the pic itself is no big deal - on a footy trip, far worse would be done. But to keep it on his computer - what the hell? Any idiot would know the potential devastation a picture like that could cause.

Very ordinary to say the least.

Please...let's win a Premiership before GEELONG!!!! (O.k., so we've missed that opportunity...maybe let's win the next one before Geelong????)
matrix
Saintsational Legend

why on earth would you keep pics like that on ya lappie

what a rather large pratt

unreal

if he sports a black eye and a crooked nose at the next training session he'd deserve it
idiot

StNoodles
Club Player

They'll be laughing about it in a few months. OK, maybe years.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

matrix wrote:why on earth would you keep pics like that on ya lappie

unreal

if he sports a black eye and a crooked nose at the next training session he'd deserve it
idiot

I reckon it is pretty obvious and I will say what maybe some are thinking. To show girls the captains dick when they come back to his place. Bit of a laugh also may impress a girl or two. Surely this girl didnt just guess he had photos like this. He must have showed her and then she downloaded illegally.

wallbanger
Club Player

I agree Plugger.

Show's even more what a toss he is.

Please...let's win a Premiership before GEELONG!!!! (O.k., so we've missed that opportunity...maybe let's win the next one before Geelong????)
matrix
Saintsational Legend

ffs
everythings pretty obvious according to you plugger

so showing the captains tockley to girls that visit is the most obvious thing that happens??

crikey

yeah pretty obvious huh :shock:

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
matrix wrote:why on earth would you keep pics like that on ya lappie

unreal

idiot

I reckon it is pretty obvious and I will say what maybe some are thinking. To show girls the captains dick when they come back to his place. Bit of a laugh also may impress a girl or two. Surely this girl didnt just guess he had photos like this. He must have showed her and then she downloaded illegally.
Yup - Sam Gilbert seems to be the fool in this.

Lets hope he realises he has let his captain, his club, and maybe more importantly himself down with the outright embarrassment he has caused to Riewoldt and Dal Santo.

All he can do is apologise in private to the two Nicks and learn a very valuable life lesson.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

matrix wrote:ffs

so showing the captains tockley to girls that visit is the most obvious thing that happens??

crikey

Well you give me the reason he kept them and also the reason the girl happened to know the photos were there? I again say it seems obvious.

saintnick12
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
matrix wrote:ffs

crikey

Well you give me the reason he kept them and also the reason the girl happened to know the photos were there? I again say it seems obvious.
Agree with you Plugger. That does appear to be the case.

Seems that all the comments about stupidity were directed at Roo but in reality, it appears it's Gilbert who has acted stupidly. On a number of levels.

Tom_Sainter
Club Player

Really poor form from Gilbert.... Can't imagine many players will be siding with him over this. Why on earth you would upload the pics to your computer????? He is more dim than he looks it seems

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Bardon Saint wrote:
What? Someone fill me in. I live in QLD, no TV or radio coverage. What is going on between roo and gilbert? News to me. Is there a newspaper link? I have no idea what's going on but I don't like it.
riewoldt interview was on radio national this morning. its big news.

Moccha
Saintsational Legend

Just shows that Gilbert has no f****** brains. Firstly to get involved with such a tramp and secondly to show her the photos. I can imagine that Lyon would be at breaking point for Gilbo bringing the club into disrepute. The coach seems to be the glue that's holding the club together with all the crap going on so I'm not too sure that Gilbo will have endeared himself to Ross. Who knows what the consequences are for him? I'm sure Ross will be backing the captain to the hilt can't say the same for Gilbo.

Another opportunity awaits!