Trades

Burkey 1

If we can snare Jacobs & Walker from Carlton & Johnstone, I think we would've done well considering we can't move much due to salary cap pressures.

This scenario would put one of Kosi or Gardi out, Walker would be a good running defender freeing up gilbert for the forward line, Johnstone would be another good option thru midfield.

I would get walker in a heart beat.

Burkey 1 wrote:If we can snare Jacobs & Walker from Carlton & Johnstone, I think we would've done well considering we can't move much due to salary cap pressures.

This scenario would put one of Kosi or Gardi out, Walker would be a good running defender freeing up gilbert for the forward line, Johnstone would be another good option thru midfield.
Not a chance we'll get all 3. We'll be lucky to get one of them

Cant see us getting any.

They wont trade Gram on the back of an interrupted year.

Kosi and 1st rounder for Walker?

As for Travis Johnstone, surely not true, absolute stupidity if we even thought of him for a microsecond > FAIR DINKUM!

Who the f*** would want Kosi...

Seriously....

Why on earth would you fill a spot on your list based on his 2010 season?

saintbob wrote:
borderbarry wrote:Are any of those players it is suggested that we chase, any better than the ones suggested for trade bait? I think I would prefer to hang onto our own.
Yeah, and why wouldn't we!!!!!

IMO that's what is really starting to hurt us, we're the only team that seems to stay loyal to GOP's and let's be honest we've got than our fair share of them!!!!

Our skill level is terrible and our pace is even worse, surely we need to at least try and improve.
I Know FFS we've lost AT LEAST 8 games in 2 years, finished top 3 twice and made 2 GF's only to be beaten by a lucky toe poke and a crap bounce. How dare we put up with such rank incompetence!!! We need a clean out and re-build from scratch. Too old, too slow, no good, we should just change our name to Richmond!!!

Just read Jason Laycock has been delisted by Essendon. Would we look at picking him up?

BringBackMadDog wrote:
saintbob wrote:
borderbarry wrote:Are any of those players it is suggested that we chase, any better than the ones suggested for trade bait? I think I would prefer to hang onto our own.

IMO that's what is really starting to hurt us, we're the only team that seems to stay loyal to GOP's and let's be honest we've got than our fair share of them!!!!

Our skill level is terrible and our pace is even worse, surely we need to at least try and improve.
I Know FFS we've lost AT LEAST 8 games in 2 years, finished top 3 twice and made 2 GF's only to be beaten by a lucky toe poke and a crap bounce. How dare we put up with such rank incompetence!!! We need a clean out and re-build from scratch. Too old, too slow, no good, we should just change our name to Richmond!!!
:lol: So true...nice work.

If we pick up anyone, I'd be very surprised...we won't be trading out much of high value (only thinking Armo, if he goes) and we need the cash to keep everyone happy for next year. Plenty of talent to inject as is.

Hurricane wrote:Just read Jason Laycock has been delisted by Essendon. Would we look at picking him up?

Id give Jesaulenko a go ahead of Laycock.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
Phoenix

barks4eva wrote:Kosi and 1st rounder for Walker?

As for Travis Johnstone, surely not true, absolute stupidity if we even thought of him for a microsecond > FAIR DINKUM!
You can take that lack of bone density, lack of vision, lack of talent hack and go jump.

Kosi is finished. And you're stuck with him.

Yeah you are gonna last long.

Phoenix wrote:
barks4eva wrote:Kosi and 1st rounder for Walker?

You can take that lack of bone density, lack of vision, lack of talent hack and go jump.

Kosi is finished. And you're stuck with him.
Check out the big brain on Brad!

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
Phoenix

Ok.

Kosi and a first rounder won't get you much let alone Jacobs. Suggestions such as Raph Clarke and a first rounder for Jacobs are laughable. Is this the same Raph Clarke that was proclaimed by one and all as a gun?

I doubt you'll do much in this trade period unless Armitage really wants out.

Other than that, it'll be business as usual for St.Kilda at trade week.

Phoenix wrote:Ok.

Kosi and a first rounder won't get you much let alone Jacobs. Suggestions such as Raph Clarke and a first rounder for Jacobs are laughable. Is this the same Raph Clarke that was proclaimed by one and all as a gun?

I doubt you'll do much in this trade period unless Armitage really wants out.

Other than that, it'll be business as usual for St.Kilda at trade week.
We usually trade quite a lot...so, I don't think it will be business as usual. Kosi ain't going anywhere, Armitage is the only point of interest (probably for picks), and Jacobs is Carlton's ruck back-up's, back-up's back-up...he does have an upside, but not sure it's worth massive amounts in reality. Of course, the Blues will believe he is, so likely to trade with someone who needs a ruck, and has room in their cap or players to trade.

Phoenix

Shane Mumford was a no one last year and he netted himself a cool 350K per year and Pick 28 for his old club. Decent ruckman are worth hens teeth. I reckon if McEvoy was put on the market today you could get a late first rounder for him.

Jacobs will be going to Adelaide and no where else.

Phoenix wrote:Shane Mumford was a no one last year and he netted himself a cool 350K per year and Pick 28 for his old club. Decent ruckman are worth hens teeth. I reckon if McEvoy was put on the market today you could get a late first rounder for him.

Jacobs will be going to Adelaide and no where else.
Could be right dude, but the Crows might have shot their load on Tambling, only time will tell. Adelaide are losing a ruck back-up, so they'll need another. Someone who really needs a ruck is Port...the big fella might change his mind at that prospect. :shock:

Phoenix

Yeah that f***ed us.

Tigers reamed the Crows on that one.

Hurricane wrote:Just read Jason Laycock has been delisted by Essendon. Would we look at picking him up?

Lazycock has no balls.

Saint Mik

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/f ... 5935117693

He will fit right in with the culture :shock:

Forget the past, Saints footy, One better in 2010

Jason Nocock is a waste of space and I believe he has served his contract with Essendon and that's why he is gone...

Much the same as Leigh Fisher IMO...

Both were given an extra year and both were a waste of money IMO..

NO TO JASON NOCOCK

Saint Mik wrote:http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/f ... 5935117693

He will fit right in with the culture :shock:
His parole officer will be doing a face-palm right now.

Means they have probably no room for Walker now, he is just to injury prone to risk?

BringBackMadDog wrote:
saintbob wrote:

:lol: So true...nice work.

If we pick up anyone, I'd be very surprised...we won't be trading out much of high value (only thinking Armo, if he goes) and we need the cash to keep everyone happy for next year. Plenty of talent to inject as is.
Fact is that the game is getting faster and StKilda is not. No trade, no improvement with a new game plan.

We need more game time from kids but also need another mid fielder with pace.

sax

I still think we should have a crack at Nathan Djerrkura from Geelong!
He's only 22, has pace to burn & we'd only have to give up our 3rd rounder (pick 57) to get him if you read this article!
If we're so keen on another ruckman, maybe we could do a deal involving Blake aswell!

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/m ... 5935199247

Foundation Social Club Member No. 296