interstate/overseas backing up for round 2

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

jonesy
Saintsational Legend

Bardon Saint wrote:I'm leaving the MCG straight after the game to get to the airport for a 7pm flight to Brisbane. Does anyone wanna split a cab fare? Would anyone know the cost of a taxi from the G to Tullamarine?

PS. Thanks Batnoe
You can get the train to Southern Cross,and get the express bus that leaves there for the airport every 10 mins. Think it's about $10

Bring back the Lockett era
Bardon Saint
Club Player

jonesy wrote:
Bardon Saint wrote:I'm leaving the MCG straight after the game to get to the airport for a 7pm flight to Brisbane. Does anyone wanna split a cab fare? Would anyone know the cost of a taxi from the G to Tullamarine?

PS. Thanks Batnoe
You can get the train to Southern Cross,and get the express bus that leaves there for the airport every 10 mins. Think it's about $10
Sounds very good. As an out-of-towner, what is the nearest station to the G. How far is this away? Flinders street?

How far is Southern Cross from Flinders street. A quick run? I can run:) It may be quicker than getting tickets, waiting for train, getting off train etc

jonesy
Saintsational Legend

Bardon Saint wrote:
jonesy wrote:

PS. Thanks Batnoe
Sounds very good. As an out-of-towner, what is the nearest station to the G. How far is this away? Flinders street?

How far is Southern Cross from Flinders street. A quick run? I can run:) It may be quicker than getting tickets, waiting for train, getting off train etc
Richmond station,2-3 mins walk from G. Get on a city bound train,another 6-7 mins from there to Southern Cross. Southern Cross would take you 45 mins from the G to walk/run

Bardon Saint
Club Player

jonesy wrote:
Bardon Saint wrote:
jonesy wrote:

PS. Thanks Batnoe

Richmond station,2-3 mins walk from G. Get on a city bound train,another 6-7 mins from there to Southern Cross. Southern Cross would take you 45 mins from the G to walk/run
Fantastic! I did a google and it comes up with a big red bus called the skybus? I can purchase tickets for it online to save time also.

Much appreciated

jonesy
Saintsational Legend

Yep,that's the one. No worries

Bardon Saint
Club Player

although, having a look on whereis.com, it only looks like a 3km run from the 'G' to southern cross. That's under an 11 minute run

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Bardon Saint wrote:although, having a look on whereis.com, it only looks like a 3km run from the 'G' to southern cross. That's under an 11 minute run

Yes but you're assuming it's a straight run.

You'll need to complete the "beggars slalom" which will prbably blow the 3kms out to at least 5kms :wink:

Bardon Saint
Club Player

Dr Spaceman wrote:
Bardon Saint wrote:although, having a look on whereis.com, it only looks like a 3km run from the 'G' to southern cross. That's under an 11 minute run

Yes but you're assuming it's a straight run.

You'll need to complete the "beggars slalom" which will prbably blow the 3kms out to at least 5kms :wink:
No, I'm using whereis.com which measures it out along a specific route and gives you the quickest route by foot including detailed directions (too much detail actually). It reads 3km?

I have to get to the 'Princess walk' along the yarra, right up william, left into collins.

Gershwin
Club Player

Couldn't make GF1 but can get down for GF2.
Considering myself very lucky.

summertime and the living is easy ........
interstatesaint
Club Player

Gutted here. Two fantastic seats secured (we stood on Saturday and last year) but I had to come home last night, and now I can't get a flight back. My brother will catch the train, but I just can't afford the time/money/missing work. Already begged, borrowed and stealed. We have a mad-keen Saints fan taking the other spot.

Absolutely shattered.

Cheer hard guys, CARNA SAINTERS!!!!!!!!!!

Harvey To Hayes
Club Player

I fly down from Brisbane for every final (and as many matches I can fit in during the regular season) but tomorrow I leave for the States for work and there's no way I can change the schedule (it's based around a one-off event that is out of my hands).

Grew up in Melbourne and used to go every week in the 70s and 80s when we were terrible, and have waited my whole life for us to win a flag.

Buy full membership and social club even though I don't get to use it very often so that I am assured a GF ticket and because the money goes to the club and that's fine by me...

I still hope we win next week with every ounce of my body, but I am going to be lonely and shattered in some seedy bar in Las Vegas instead of sharing the moment with my equally tragic friends and family. I just have to keep reminding myself that there are a lot of people with a lot worse problems than this.

Go Saints...

The future's so bright I've got to wear shades...
Winmarvellous
Club Player

Looks like I'll be backing up thanks to my darling wife. Flew back from Melbourne last night, will be back Saturday morning. Not gonna be going out for sometime I dare say (damn flights from WA are expensive). Bringing the Mrs with me this time, so fingers crossed she's the good luck charm we've been missing (I also flew over last year without her so...)

cowboy18
Saintsational Legend

Yep! Staying in sunny Melbourne for a week of R&R... fantastic to get two grand finals under my belt. :D

Banger724
Club Player

Just got back to Whyalla on the Eyre Peninsula in SA after flying from Melb back to Adelaide this morning on Jetstar (thankfully not on Virgin!)... can't afford more flights, so will leave here on Thursday night for Melbourne (around 1200 klms), then have to go to the south east of the state for best mate's bucks show on Sunday morning... will probably have to leave Melb at 4am on Sunday morning which will be tough after what will hopefully be celebrations on Saturday night!! Then have to drive back here on the Monday (public holiday in SA)... all up, I think I'll clock up around 2700klms driving from Thursday night to Monday to fit it all in... hopefully the 8 month pregnant wife will be understanding when I get home tonight to explain it all...

Had fantastic tickets in Bay M30 on Saturday and in the same bay again next week, so as long as we win... will be well worth it

Edit: Should add... accommodation looking very hard and expensive to get a hold of... anyone with a suggestion (or a spare room for 3 lovely chaps!)... i'm all ears!
Last edited by Banger724 on Mon 27 Sep 2010 3:53pm, edited 2 times in total.

VietNam_Saint
Club Player

matrix wrote:yeah
we're coming back
since the first round of finals we've driven around 4500kms
and now another 1400 odd next week
we must be complete nutters
all i know is we are exhausted......
Legendary stuff Matrix. Well done.

As for me , I am quite fortunate I am able to hang around till next Sunday.
Already got a room booked so lucky there .
Got a renta car yesterday and getting out of the city for the week.

Would be gutted if i had to go home. Amazing experience being at the GF draw but to be at the next where we'll win ,, I'm excited !!!!

What will be next from this club ?
Cro
Club Player

I have a ticket, its just a matter of finding decent flights to n from Perth. Should've just stayed there and quit my job.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

yeah the skybus from memory is about 14 bucks when i caught it from the airport to the station near the Dome
have a vague memory of it being around 26 bucks for there and back or something
takes about 20/30 mins from the airport to the Domes train station??

good to hear Vietnam Saint
guess we'll see ya at the Corner on sat morn!!

unreal
here we all go again

wasoncestkil58
Club Player

Yep another staying over from WA. With all the chaos after the siren I couldn't even send text messages. It looked like the whole telstra mobile system had gone down in meltdown. I had to get away from the ground to get a signal. Anyway I have rescheduled my flight home and am spending a few nights in country Vic with a couple of my sisters. Had to have the week off at work. Not sure they will be too happy. Once in a lifetime chance to see two GF's in two weekends.
Thanks to the very nice man in M10 who offered to put me up for the week. There are some great people in the world and specially the Saints world.

Saint Bev
SS Life Member

A miracle has happened, we have flights. Its our daughters 21st that night. So we fly down in thee morning and leave straight after the siren like Bardon Saint. No celebrations, but at least we will be there.

Qld Saints Supporter Group
Bardon Saint
Club Player

Saint Bev wrote:A miracle has happened, we have flights. Its our daughters 21st that night. So we fly down in thee morning and leave straight after the siren like Bardon Saint. No celebrations, but at least we will be there.
Which flight did you get on Bev? Congratulations on it working out for your family

matrix
Saintsational Legend

Saint Bev wrote:A miracle has happened, we have flights. Its our daughters 21st that night. So we fly down in thee morning and leave straight after the siren like Bardon Saint. No celebrations, but at least we will be there.

kosifantutti23
SS Hall of Fame

Harvey To Hayes wrote:I fly down from Brisbane for every final (and as many matches I can fit in during the regular season) but tomorrow I leave for the States for work and there's no way I can change the schedule (it's based around a one-off event that is out of my hands).

Grew up in Melbourne and used to go every week in the 70s and 80s when we were terrible, and have waited my whole life for us to win a flag.

Buy full membership and social club even though I don't get to use it very often so that I am assured a GF ticket and because the money goes to the club and that's fine by me...

I still hope we win next week with every ounce of my body, but I am going to be lonely and shattered in some seedy bar in Las Vegas instead of sharing the moment with my equally tragic friends and family. I just have to keep reminding myself that there are a lot of people with a lot worse problems than this.

Go Saints...
So you took the soft option :D

At least we can say we were at the Grand Final the year the Saints won the flag.

Furtius Quo Rdelious
Snakeman66
Club Player

Travelling again from Adelaide. Is anyone driving/looking for a lift wanting to share fuel costs?

Don't dwell on the past.
Look to the future.
matrix
Saintsational Legend

got tickets in hand today :)
leaving friday morning and will be at the Corner sat morning for a feed and a beam

:)

St Michele
Club Player

wasaintsfan wrote:if people got in before the ticket hikes from WA theyll be set if not wont see many from here
Much to my disappoinment I am not there still came home this morning as have stuff I have to do and the prices are too high to return on the weekend :cry: Will be joining the Western Saints at the Italian Club to enjoy our 2nd premiership :lol: :lol: :lol:

Michele
Goals are dreams with deadlines!!