interstate/overseas backing up for round 2

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

jmac101
Club Player

interstate/overseas backing up for round 2

Any interstate members backing up for round 2 this week?

I live in Sydney and have sorted transport and accomodation again...hopefully dont have to queue up all night in the MCC line again..

luckily i'm a uni student and dont have too many non-negotiable commitments.

anyone else making the long, expensive trip to the big dance again?

matrix
Saintsational Legend

yeah
we're coming back

unreal

still not sure if me and my partner can sit together (i have sc'er and an interstate)
credit card has taken an absolute pounding and is nearly maxed out
but F*** it

since the first round of finals we've driven around 4500kms
and now another 1400 odd next week

we must be complete nutters
all i know is we are exhausted......

wasaintsfan
Club Player

if people got in before the ticket hikes from WA theyll be set if not wont see many from here

saint75
SS Hall of Fame

I really feel for the interstate supporters. Not only do they have to come up with the funds for a ticket, they also have to take into account accommodation and travel. Pure dedication to this Club, that is all I can say.

However, this is a once in a lifetime opportunity. Sometimes you just have to do what it takes!!! Sleep in your car if you have to, as long as you get there.....

If I had a spare room free, I would be offering free accommodation for some of you!! As it is, we have 5 crammed into this house!!!

Fortius Quo Fidelius
nuttsy
Club Player

I'll be heading down from Canberra. So far accomodation is booked in St.Kilda, will hopefully get a ticket tomorrow and then work out how I get to Melbourne.

At this stage driving looks like the best option due to expensive airfares. I may have to sell some of my possessions this week, don't wanna miss this game for anything.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Jus got back to Cairns this afternoon. My original plan was to stay in Melbourne today for the wild celebrations at Moorabbin. :cry:

I will be returning for round 2.

Wow this club requires a massive emotional investment. Extremely tired and going to bed now.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

id just like to say a massive thank you to a legend of a bloke who just seriously helped me out
im not going to embarrass him and mention his name
but mate you are a legend and we WILL repay you
we can now stay where we are (which was already booked) and get a decent nights sleep and get online at 9am in the hotel.

i am f****** nearly in tears

good god :shock:

i need a ciggie........

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

I take my hat off to all of you who are backing up again from interstate next week.

Hold On. I don't wear a hat :wink: :wink: !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

MattyJ89
Club Player

I'll be back!

At this stage, booked onto 2040 train from Sydney to Melbourne on Friday night..............though will probably just say stuff it and rebook onto a plane for $300ish tomorrow or the next day.

Got a flight back set already, on Sunday night for $150, so thats good.

Just a nuiscance the bloody AFL have kept the same ticket prices, grr!

GO SAINTS!
LisyLoo
Club Player

I love St Kilda with all my heart...but I have dragged the children down and if we stay and manage to get flights on the Sunday we have a mad rush trying to get everyone ready for school and work the next day. I just don't think I can cope with being on the back foot at the start the term.

I don't think I can bear the ticket hassle and expense and have another week of --have we, have we not got tickets, can we get there, not to mention the expense of tickets, extra, flights, extra accomodation...not to mention the cost of restuarants down here.

Plus I am feeling dreadfully hungover ...I don't think I have ever drunk so many nervous bourbons in my life.

WE evaluated very carefully today, last night after the game ( in my less than sober state) I was staying......now the realities have set it...logisitcs make it difficult to rationalise staying.

On the positive side us going - frees us 4 tickets for all you Saint supporters to get there and outnumber the Pretenders!

I am going to return to Qld on our scheduled flights and open our house to all our frineds and cheer so loudly from up there that we will drown out that ridiculous 'Cauliflower army'.

GIve it all our darling St Kilda boys and make us proud!

Loving St Kilda, Loving Life!
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:I take my hat off to all of you who are backing up again from interstate next week.

Hold On. I don't wear a hat :wink: :wink: !!
It's an unbelievable effort by all you supporters.

It was a big change for me when I moved down to Geelong last year but these stories certainly put my V/Line hassles into perspective. :shock:

Again, well done.

I hope all goes well for those of you who are making it to the G again, and that those of you who can't have a reason to celebrate in your own home towns.

saint64
Club Player

I'm in. Thanks to my brother's family for putting me up for the week!

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

I am willing, but really struggling for a flight at the moment...

Virgin's outta action and the other two options seem pretty solidly booked up...

:( :( :(

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
matrix
Saintsational Legend

i just got offered the op to crash at a posters house if i hadnt booked a hotel yet.

this poster doesnt post much here, (and i dont them) but tells us he is addicted to the site ( :D )

id already booked the hotel that is not refundable (due to that stoopid bike thingy at geelong next week)

but mate you are a great sainter and i thank you for your kindness
its been a strange old day today for us.

its great to know that people help out others because we are sainters and have a passion for this club that drives us all insane.

mate i hope you get a great seat next sat and are there cheering us on to our flag!!

PLUGGER14
Club Player

Due to an understanding (read: also footy tragic) boss I will be staying on in Melbourne for the week. Technology should ensure I can process the weekly payroll from here, if not well.......I'm sure they'll all understand :wink:

One minor problem......I only packed for a 3 night stay, gonna have to do some clothes shopping :oops:

kosifantutti23
SS Hall of Fame

I was absolutely drained after the game and although I toyed with the idea last night I knew I couldn't stay for another week.

I'll watch next weeks game from Zurich but I'll still be able to say I was at the Grand Final the year we won the flag.

Furtius Quo Rdelious
AdelaideSainter
Club Player

I'll be driving back to Adelaide tomorrow, and will repeat the trip on Friday. Only difference being that I probably wont have a ticket this time around :( :?

Will still come over for the weekend regardless.

Batnoe
Club Player

UNfort being from Bris i wont make it back this weekend... My bro from London won't either, we are devasted, it costs too much money everything and cant do it twice in a row and especially i that i work on a Saturday...

Damn that was hard

Carn Saints
Saint Mick
Club Player

Coming down from Sydney again - it's a costly exercise and I have to fly straight back to see my other love, the Dragons, play the GF on Sunday afternoon. It could be the best weekend ever... or the worst.

Saint Bev
SS Life Member

:( :cry: :( :cry: :( :cry: :( :cry: :( :cry: :( :cry: :( :cry: :( :cry: :( :cry:

I would back up in a heart beat, but its our daughters 21st. We were going to fly down for the day and leave straight after the game, but no flights that suit us. Can't believe I have waited all my life for this and I will miss it.

Qld Saints Supporter Group
Nattens
Club Player

AdelaideSainter wrote:I'll be driving back to Adelaide tomorrow, and will repeat the trip on Friday. Only difference being that I probably wont have a ticket this time around :( :?

Will still come over for the weekend regardless.
Be in St Kilda at the McDonell Gardens. Thats the St Kilda live site.

Bardon Saint
Club Player

I'm leaving the MCG straight after the game to get to the airport for a 7pm flight to Brisbane. Does anyone wanna split a cab fare? Would anyone know the cost of a taxi from the G to Tullamarine?

PS. Thanks Batnoe

doggerel
Club Player

Bardon Saint wrote:I'm leaving the MCG straight after the game to get to the airport for a 7pm flight to Brisbane. Does anyone wanna split a cab fare? Would anyone know the cost of a taxi from the G to Tullamarine?

PS. Thanks Batnoe
No less than $50 I'd say

St Kilda Social Club member since 1996
Zed
SS Hall of Fame

yep - will be going again. Except this time cant get the Friday off from work, so will fly from Adelaide instead of drive. No cheap flights left, so with me and my son, Sat nite accomodation + game tickets I've just spent about $1500 this morning. Backing up on last weekend this whole GF fortnight is going to end up costing me a new big screen tv which i was lining up to buy.

God I hope we win :lol:

Life is never more fun than when you're the underdog competing against the giants.
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Saint Bev wrote::( :cry: :( :cry: :( :cry: :( :cry: :( :cry: :( :cry: :( :cry: :( :cry: :( :cry:

I would back up in a heart beat, but its our daughters 21st. We were going to fly down for the day and leave straight after the game, but no flights that suit us. Can't believe I have waited all my life for this and I will miss it.
Same boat Bev.

I simply can't get on a plane and with two young girls a working wife and my own work piling up I just can't take the time to drive.

I am proud to say, though, that I gifted my barcode to someone who will value the chance to witness our win just as much as me. And I can always say I was there for the first half, the half where we broke them.

Heavy, heavy heart. But what can do?

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'