Quitting AFL might not be a simple solution for Paddy

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Quitting AFL might not be a simple solution for Paddy

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Re: Quitting AFL might not be a simple solution for Paddy

"Meanwhile, Brad Scott's departure has lit a fuse under other clubs. Will Carlton stick with Brendon Bolton for the rest of the season, as they have said they would? The talk is that Alan Richardson won't coach the Saints beyond 2019 - but is that a tough call based on performances this season?"

I haven't listened to the podcast, but with industry people and some of the games best journalists openly talking about what they are hearing, it doesn't look good for Richo.

Cairnsman will be filling all their email inboxes with relentless spam

freely
SS Hall of Fame

I listened to bits and pieces. Caro was quite interesting on Richo - suggested he was (can't remember exact words but) "back to his bad old ways" over the last few weeks. If I heard right that he was over-anxious again or agitated or something like that.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

freely wrote: Thu 30 May 2019 7:33pm I listened to bits and pieces. Caro was quite interesting on Richo - suggested he was (can't remember exact words but) "back to his bad old ways" over the last few weeks. If I heard right that he was over-anxious again or agitated or something like that.
Caro talking s*** as usual. From her usual sources. Toilets at Punt row.

freely
SS Hall of Fame

saynta wrote: Thu 30 May 2019 7:38pm
freely wrote: Thu 30 May 2019 7:33pm I listened to bits and pieces. Caro was quite interesting on Richo - suggested he was (can't remember exact words but) "back to his bad old ways" over the last few weeks. If I heard right that he was over-anxious again or agitated or something like that.
I haven't used those toilets. But I'll take your word for it!

Moods
Saintsational Legend

Haha. A 40 year journalist 'talking s*** as usual' because we don't like what she is saying.

If some posters had their way nothing negative would ever get reported about our club and we would be blissfully ignorant of what's going on. OR we would be stamping our feet demanding answers.

What she writes may be some person's opinion within the club, but I'm guaranteeing that she didn't make it up. Whether that person is credible or has an axe to grind, who knows.
As much as I enjoy T74's insights, he's never going to provide this type of insight even if it is happening.

barneyboyz
Club Player

Moods wrote: Thu 30 May 2019 9:04pm
Haha. A 40 year journalist 'talking s*** as usual' because we don't like what she is saying.

If some posters had their way nothing negative would ever get reported about our club and we would be blissfully ignorant of what's going on. OR we would be stamping our feet demanding answers.

What she writes may be some person's opinion within the club, but I'm guaranteeing that she didn't make it up. Whether that person is credible or has an axe to grind, who knows.
As much as I enjoy T74's insights, he's never going to provide this type of insight even if it is happening.
If she is only writing about her observances? then her observations are similar to mine. The fight in our team is something very positive to take out of the whole thing though

St. Kilda Football Club. Going strong, since 1960 :wink:
saynta
Saintsational Legend

https://www.saints.com.au/news/2019-05- ... ai-mission

"Finnis described speculation that coach Alan Richardson could be pushed out in favour of Brad Scott ‘distasteful’.

"We are really pleased with our coaching program at present, which is led strongly by Alan," Finnis said.

"With the challenges we've had with our personnel and our availability of senior players, we have often fielded one of the least experienced teams in the competition.

"We understand that there will always be speculation around coaches, but in reality we are five and five, and have played a consistent brand of footy and demonstrated a game-style that stacks up against the best teams in the league.

“Absolutely there is work to do and improvement to come, but our coaching group is doing a great job with taking a big step forward from last year.”

As I said Caro talking s*** as usual, but hey, that's what journos do.

The_President
Club Player

saynta wrote: Fri 31 May 2019 11:19am

"Finnis described speculation that coach Alan Richardson could be pushed out in favour of Brad Scott ‘distasteful’.

"We are really pleased with our coaching program at present, which is led strongly by Alan," Finnis said.

"With the challenges we've had with our personnel and our availability of senior players, we have often fielded one of the least experienced teams in the competition.

"We understand that there will always be speculation around coaches, but in reality we are five and five, and have played a consistent brand of footy and demonstrated a game-style that stacks up against the best teams in the league.

“Absolutely there is work to do and improvement to come, but our coaching group is doing a great job with taking a big step forward from last year.”

Clubs deflecting as usual, but hey, that’s what clubs do.

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

He's contracted for next year, so he will do the preseason and his role will change. He will be given a defenders role for next year. Hopefully, he can play next season if he's well enough.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
SydneySainter
SS Hall of Fame

saynta wrote: Fri 31 May 2019 11:19am

Because the same club administration that extended Richo's contract is surely going to come out after Round 10 and say that Richo's head is on chopping block.

Until we have an administration that demands success and a playing group that bleeds for the guernsey, St. Kilda will just be a sh*tty football club.