Will Armo get rewarded?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

supersaints2
Club Player

Will Armo get rewarded?

Apparently Armo has been leading from the coal face at the Zebras... If Luke Dunstan gets rubbed out ( I don't think he should but seeing they have given Gazza a week , everyone else probably goes)

Tho I'd luv to see Clark and others get a gernsey, there's no doubht that Armo and Luke are Same same ( sorry can't help it I'm in Thailand!)
We do need a bull in the middle to replace Luke..

I used to be supersaints but after 16 years my profile dissapeared... ??? if I make any reference to past posts .. it will be under supersiants.. glad to be back on line
CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

Re: Will Armo get rewarded?

Dunstan was fined yesterday and is Shanghai bound. Armo is playing solid VFL football a ng d will be there when needed.

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

It looks like the MRP news didn’t make it through to Thailand. Dunstan clear to play.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
supersaints2
Club Player

Thank you... my internet is not good on Koh Samui.. but then again it's 29 Degrees everyday for the last month, so I'll take the good with the bad.. thanks to all on the forum who get the news out

PS: Always been a fan of Luke... he was a boy given a mans job in the middle... had plenty of arguments with a former poster who wanted him sacked from day one
I think he will eventually turn out like Lenny

I used to be supersaints but after 16 years my profile dissapeared... ??? if I make any reference to past posts .. it will be under supersiants.. glad to be back on line
Goose is king
SS Hall of Fame

I was at the Sandy game and Armo is too good for the level but he is an on field coach for the young players. He was directing Max King when to and when not to lead. Unfortunately there is little upside in playing him in the seniors as his leadership is required there less and takes the place of a potential 10 year player. That said I hope he gets to play a handful of games this season. Perhaps Shanghai would be a good game for a return as they will be different circumstances where leadership would be advantageous

Bruce G McAbee
SS Hall of Fame

Armo will only get a game if we have a depletion of mid fielders through injury or suspension.
He is like a courtesy car if your car is in the shop.

Think of me long enough to make a memory.
Crossy66
Club Player

Does anyone know if the Shanghai ground is a different size? If it was narrower, perhaps armo's lack cb of leg speed mightn't be an issue

cwrcyn
Saintsational Legend

I feel for Armitage. Played his guts out in 2016 and was huge for us. Got injured in early 2017 and the club kept playing him, which cost him the rest of 2017 and 2018. Had he been properly rested early in 2017, he'd still be in the seniors playing solid football today. On Sunday's form, he's worthy of a call up, but it looks like that's not going to happen.

guitars4
Club Player

Good to see him in form in the VFL no doubt giving valuable knowledge to our up & coming players but IMO only it would be a backward move play him in the 1's when we need to be blooding the next generation of hopefuls.

elizabethr
Club Player

He won't play this week but he will play

nothing to say
mightysainters
SS Hall of Fame

Hope not, he’s absolutely not afllevel anymore with his speed and spread, which is one of the most important thing in afl right now. Would need Ross and Dunstan to sit out to make up for his effectiveness on the spread

tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

Good to have in the 2's at the moment as he is leading and teaching the kids there. If he gets cut then I would hope he plays at Sandy.

Posters that have admitted they were wrong about Hanna's gastro and the club didn't create a cover story.
Total = 1.
ace
Saintsational Legend

CQ SAINT wrote: Tue 28 May 2019 6:38pm Dunstan was fined yesterday and is Shanghai bound. Armo is playing solid VFL football a ng d will be there when needed.
He is in the VFL for leadership and will only get used in the AFL in desperation no matter how well he plays.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
barneyboyz
Club Player

CQ SAINT wrote: Tue 28 May 2019 6:38pm Dunstan was fined yesterday and is Shanghai bound. Armo is playing solid VFL football a ng d will be there when needed.
Armo is playing well at VFL, but the running/pressure difference is astounding atm between comps. Armo would struggle

St. Kilda Football Club. Going strong, since 1960 :wink:
CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

barneyboyz wrote: Wed 29 May 2019 12:18pm
Armo is playing well at VFL, but the running/pressure difference is astounding atm between comps. Armo would struggle
I agree, hence the needed. Currently not needed . I was being polite and respectful to a guy who has put his body on the line and been loyal when better opportunities were beckoning. Still smart enough to play a partime midfield/half forward role well at AFL level but about 5th in line. A calamity in injuries for our true mids would elevate his chances though.

barneyboyz
Club Player

CQ SAINT wrote: Wed 29 May 2019 2:18pm
I agree, hence the needed. Currently not needed . I was being polite and respectful to a guy who has put his body on the line and been loyal when better opportunities were beckoning. Still smart enough to play a partime midfield/half forward role well at AFL level but about 5th in line. A calamity in injuries for our true mids would elevate his chances though.
The irony of Armo finally getting a decent run at playing and form, only to do be doing so in the two's

St. Kilda Football Club. Going strong, since 1960 :wink:
CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

barneyboyz wrote: Fri 31 May 2019 9:52am
CQ SAINT wrote: Wed 29 May 2019 2:18pm
The irony of Armo finally getting a decent run at playing and form, only to do be doing so in the two's
He is playing much smarter football than the bull we had running around in 15 and 16. Although at lower level of impact, he was our Hannerbery before we had Hannerbery. Strong, fit and relentlessly attacking the contest. It takes its toll.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Having Chips as a mate takes its toll

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Has anyone got the mayo on him?

Posting 20 years of holey crap!