Brandon White

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Brandon White

This kid is stiff to be missing out on a game with all our injuries

Any player in the backline that has a stinker I'd like to see Brandon get a game

We are still in the hunt to make finals so there's no excuses at AFL level for any one picked this week

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Re: Brandon White

Scollop wrote: Thu 02 May 2019 9:25pm This kid is stiff to be missing out on a game with all our injuries

Any player in the backline that has a stinker I'd like to see Brandon get a game

We are still in the hunt to make finals so there's no excuses at AFL level for any one picked this week
makes complete sense

SuperDuper
Club Player

He is not even emergency... was BOG for Sandy in their last game..

Will leave for the Hawks at the end of the year and will be a gun there...

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

But who does he replace? It looks like Hind is next cab off the rank to come in. White’s problem is that we have an over supply of HBF but I hope he gets a chance soon as I have a fear he will get poached.
Last edited by SaintPav on Fri 03 May 2019 10:07am, edited 1 time in total.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

SuperDuper wrote: Fri 03 May 2019 9:14am He is not even emergency... was BOG for Sandy in their last game..

He still needs to fight his way into the team and through his own merits keep his position.

tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

Maybe Brandon White is not fully ready for senior footy just yet on a continual basis. Just a thought. Plenty of good footballers do long apprenticeships.

Posters that have admitted they were wrong about Hanna's gastro and the club didn't create a cover story.
Total = 1.
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Fri 03 May 2019 10:11am Maybe Brandon White is not fully ready for senior footy just yet on a continual basis. Just a thought. Plenty of good footballers do long apprenticeships.
Correct Twirls.

The_President
Club Player

Where is Leppitsch coaching atm?

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Why is he leaving for the Hawks?

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

Didn't Richo take White to the finals last year to watch backmen similar to White ply their trade? I would have thought that was a sign of faith in the lad moving forward. Did he have an interrupted pre season? Or simply not put in the work? Or did the new assistants see something else?

I personally think he's going to be a beauty for us once given & taking his chance. Everyone develops at different rates & for some that lightbulb moment takes a while to turn on. Tough position he's trying to break in to as that is where we have the most depth and competition.

66Iwasthere
Club Player

Just an observation. Every time I see him at training he is messing around annoying other players etc, maybe it's a maturity thing. I should add he also does some good things which indicate he has some talent

To the top
SS Life Member

It is a team sport

These kids are (now) being educated to team patterns and why and how they contribute to those patterns

Compare last season to this and that is where the difference is

The players and particularly our young players are now being educated to play in an AFL team

So the concentration on statistics is not the be all and end all - it is players being where they are expected to be and when and why they are expected to be there

White is a player being so educated - along with all others

This all houses not with ability - because being on an AFL List means they have abilities - but concentration

One lapse and you let the side down - because you expose the side

Mind you there are selection errors such as going too tall v Fremantle and going too short v Adelaide (noting the players unavailable but in hindsight Joyce should have played against Adelaide - probably with Marsh - as Long should have played in the West)

But you learn

The Coaches do not see statistics

They see contribution to patterns

Hence Longer and Brown being dropped

Watch the replay and you will see why

Mind you nothing has really changed in Coaching except these days the pattern is a moving pattern, not a full forward out of the goal square or a half forward flanker sitting on a forward flank so starvation flank - the pattern is a moving mass with everyone contributing for 120 minutes (which is impossible hence breakdowns and where you have to have less breakdowns than your opposition so you win by at least a point)

on the outer
Club Player

Brandon’s not a like for like replacement for any of the outs this week, you could argue that he should have come in for Geary but his spot has been taken by Patton.

(Mind you I don’t see any of the in’s being a replacement for Lonie either.)

I think the smaller back four of Webster, Savage, McKenzie and Patton have been doing a pretty good job. If any of those four fall over there is White, Hind and Rice (maybe Coffield) all waiting in the wings . it’s a matter of playing consistently well at Sandy so if the opportunity arises you can grab it with both hands.

Otiman
Saintsational Legend

Fighting for a spot with Webster (currently a lock in), Paton (More upside at present), DMac (currently playing well), and Savage (also playing great).

I had him in the side for Mackenzie when he had a few poor weeks, but they stuck with him and it's paid off.

Hard to see how he can get a game unless Dmac or Paton's form drops off, or any of the four above gets injured. Maybe he's a guy who gets swung forward to continue his career?

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

A few of the posts above are ignoring the fact that there is an interchange. Sav, Jimmy, DMac and Ben Paton need to rotate and catch their breath so not sure that you just need midfielders on the bench.

In 2017 I think I recall White playing as a KP defender during a game. He has the athleticism and the height to run with one of their KP forwards when Marsh, Battle or Joyce are also having a spell on the bench

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

SuperDuper wrote: Fri 03 May 2019 9:14am He is not even emergency... was BOG for Sandy in their last game..

Bump

Brandon White has been playing consistently well at VFL level and has been discriminated against by his coach. Bloody play the kid Cho!!

Webster out should have meant White in

This is what we mean by integrity of team selection. It doesn't make any sense if Marsh is played as a forward against his old club.

Jimmy Webster is out of the team and he needs to replaced by a backman. It's the perfect opportunity for White to fill a void and play his role.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Always got the impression that he isn’t rated inside the club despite some promising early form. Never seems to get much of an extended go of it.

I remember Tony posted on here that he wasn’t very bright.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

I went looking for some posts on Brandon and found the following thread interesting. Some positive messaging regarding Brandon and his development in early 2018, but also some negative messaging

Comparing Brandon to Blake was also interesting because I think Blake was out of favour with the coaches early on as well

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=94598&hilit=white&start=25#p1712812

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote: Thu 16 May 2019 8:36pm
I remember Tony posted on here that he wasn’t very bright.
He’d fit right in on here then.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote: Thu 16 May 2019 8:58pm I went looking for some posts on Brandon and found the following thread interesting. Some positive messaging regarding Brandon and his development in early 2018, but also some negative messaging

Comparing Brandon to Blake was also interesting because I think Blake was out of favour with the coaches early on as well

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=94598&hilit=white&start=25#p1712812
He’s an emergency so must be very close.

It’s a long season and if he keeps playing well he will get his chance. He needs to make the most of it when he gets called up.

Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

So why Newnes and not White. I'd like to see them go one on one to prove ability to get and deliver the ball. White seems to have upset somebody, because he can't be excluded on form. From what I remember, and its a while since he was given a go, he hasn't played poorly when picked in the firsts. There has to be an interesting back story. If as seems to be suggested above he is a dumb annoying pratt why hasn't he been already traded. There are a number of clubs that love those qualities e.g. Essendon, Geelong. I guess he has rubbed AR the wrong way and is yet to be rehabilitated. And also as mentioned above, a handy interchange player, yes.

lewdogs
Club Player

Scollop wrote: Thu 16 May 2019 8:27pm

Bump

Brandon White has been playing consistently well at VFL level and has been discriminated against by his coach. Bloody play the kid Cho!!

Webster out should have meant White in

This is what we mean by integrity of team selection. It doesn't make any sense if Marsh is played as a forward against his old club.

Jimmy Webster is out of the team and he needs to replaced by a backman. It's the perfect opportunity for White to fill a void and play his role.
Marsh will play back. Was bog in the VFL last week playing back. White stiff but Marsh looks a really good prospect.

fugazi
Saintsational Legend

Marsh quicker and that seems to be the focus at the moment.

Nee!
samoht
Saintsational Legend
Location: https://www.amazon.com.au/Fugitive-Sold ... B00EO1GCNK

I just looked at the height and weight info on White and Marsh ... how can White weigh only 2 kgs less than Marsh who looks to have a considerably bigger build and is also 4 cms taller?
I expected Marsh to weigh at least10 kgs more.

King12
Club Player

What, like Minchington according to many on here! :roll: