Kent

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintkid
Club Player

Kent

Cannot believe how bad this guy's skills have been out there today. He was actually more value to the Crows.

Waltzing St Kilda
SS Hall of Fame

Re: Kent

Barring last week he's been of questionable value all year. Needs to be dropped.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Bit of a front runner. Should get a rest next week.

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

Just as well they didn't drop him before the Melbourne game. Our whole forward line was hopeless, not just him. A combination of a lack of planning on our behalf and good planning on their behalf. Last week, Melbourne turned up looking like their planning consisted of looking at the form guide for Race 6 at the Valley. Not so Adelaide today.

Saintly66
Club Player

Only played for the club all of 6 games, we’ve given more of a chance to players who have dished up garbage for multiple seasons.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Kent <edited by mods> has to go.

Bloody awful today.

<1 week ban for demeaning a playerAND very lucky not to be banned permanently>

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote: Sat 27 Apr 2019 8:20pm Kunty has to go.

Bloody awful today.
Holy typo saintspremiers!

You're quite brilliant Shane, yeah..terrific!
guitars4
Club Player

Was really poor today but he wasn't alone too many blokes just waiting for the easy ball. Newnes has been good but soft today ,throw in Sinclair & Bruce (probobly shouldn't have played) but when the game was on the line not too many went to the next level that we needed . Learning curve we have played some good footy but today just shows we have along way to go.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

What's the bet that Cho backs his man

"Yeah nah. Kent wasn't good but he had a few mates out there.
We saw what he could do when he's on. I'm confident he'll bounce back.
He'll be a ripper forward for us for many years to come"

Dropping Kent is an easy one. I'll give Cho some credit when he drops Gresh some day
Last edited by Scollop on Sat 27 Apr 2019 10:16pm, edited 1 time in total.

fugazi
Saintsational Legend

Kent looks stiff and sore to me.
My daughter said that he looks like me when I bend over to pick something up......and that aint good I can tell you.

Nee!
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

He was great against his old team. Sure, give him a rest and see how he responds. Mind you, with Lonie out, he may still be required.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
Kilda
Club Player

Kent looks podgy.

He was barely sighted all game ( 7 disposals) and then his shocking clanger in the last quarter.

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

The_Dud wrote: Sat 27 Apr 2019 8:07pm Bit of a front runner. Should get a rest next week.
he came from the Dees, whose fans are all skiers, and the players of course are downhill skiers,
so it all makes sense now... :roll:

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

I’ll back all Saints players when they are out there but I’m not a fan.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Otiman
Saintsational Legend

I like playing the "how many times will the commentators call him Membrey?" game.

stkfc1
Club Player

Needs a rest. Bring in Young, Hind and Marshall for Longer, Lonie and Kent.
With Long, Parker and Young we'll have our own "3 Amigos". Reckon thats what we need. The boys will love playing together.

Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

Had a fair run. Reasonable depth player but keeping, say, a Clark or even a Dunstan out seems poor judgment given his full body of work.

fugazi
Saintsational Legend

stkfc1 wrote: Sun 28 Apr 2019 7:12pm Needs a rest. Bring in Young, Hind and Marshall for Longer, Lonie and Kent.
With Long, Parker and Young we'll have our own "3 Amigos". Reckon thats what we need. The boys will love playing together.
Good point.
Similar to what Rattwn had at Carlton with his quick mosqito fleet.
Yarran, Betts and the bloke who went to Melbourne

Nee!
saint6709
Club Player

stkfc1 wrote: Sun 28 Apr 2019 7:12pm Needs a rest. Bring in Young, Hind and Marshall for Longer, Lonie and Kent.
Yes agree - those ins about right - although maybe we need another tall- the outs are correct - Lonie only because of injury - but Kent has not been good and needs to work on his clean ball handling skills - FYI not sure what the guy a few postsabove is talking about saying the coach needs to prove himself by dropping Gresham but Kent should stay ?? Or some craziness like that ??

Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

Kilda wrote: Sun 28 Apr 2019 4:42pm Kent looks podgy.

He was barely sighted all game ( 7 disposals) and then his shocking clanger in the last quarter.
Is that the one where Jackie boy runs down Sloane? (I think) with a great chase and second effort, Jack gets the free, gets it to Kent and the game was over on Kent's turnover?

Richo won't drop anyone he has poached from another club - just the homegrown boys get the richo treatment (Dunstan, Acres, Lonie in the past, Clark, Coffield, et, al).

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
Scollop
Saintsational Legend

saint6709 wrote: Sun 28 Apr 2019 11:02pm
Yes agree - those ins about right - although maybe we need another tall- the outs are correct - Lonie only because of injury - but Kent has not been good and needs to work on his clean ball handling skills - FYI not sure what the guy a few postsabove is talking about saying the coach needs to prove himself by dropping Gresham but Kent should stay ?? Or some craziness like that ??
I'm saying that dropping Kent is an easy and obvious decision. I'm saying that the coach uses the word 'strong' a lot but I have rarely seen him make a strong statement. I'm saying that Gresh had a poor game. He had the worst disposal efficiency of any Saints player against Adelaide.

I don't necessarily think he sould drop Gresh for next week with Lonie going down and injuries to other key players, but if for some reason Richo decides to drop Gresham it would be justified and you never know...Crazy as it seems, it may help Gresh (just as it helped Billings last year). Gresh perhaps needed to be dropped last year when he went through a bad patch but Cho has shown a reluctance to get certain players noses out of joint. Or perhaps Richo gets poor advice from fitness staff.

It's madness to think that you could have the skill as a coach to be able to develop young players who are very skillful and turn them into consistent matchwinners that can win you enough games of football to make finals. It's craziness to think that being a bit ruthless and showing them tough love will benefit the individual and the team in the long run

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

With Lonie out and Bruce under a cloud they are unlikely to drop Kent as I doubt they’ll go in with 3 changes from the forward 6 in one week.

Mav Kent was back to his old form after a really good outing against his old mob. This is what you get from a fringe player from a s*** club, a good game here and there but no consistency. Talk to Melbourne supporters and they’ll tell you he has frustrated like this for 5 or 6 years. Played a good game, then gone missing, been injured and inconsistent.

If he plays a team role then I’d love to know what it is because he is not hard at the contest and barely tackles or gets the ball. His pressure act stats aren’t high so Id love for one of the better informed posters to tell me his role. Not just write he plays a role, explain the role.

I understand the recruiting of Kent for this seasons but 3 years is crazy IMO, to think he’d be in front of Clark, Paton, Young, Coffield, Phillips, Langlands plus draftees and recruits by next year and 2021 seems far fetched.

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

7 disposals at 43% efficiency with only 2 tackles.

Had a cracker against his old mob but served up a standard Kent game again Saturday.

Could one if the well informed posters please advise me what his role is?

Long & Parker play the pressure roles of chasing, tackling harassing with high pressure acts.

What is Kent’s role?
Is he a defensive forward?

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

Kent had a poor game on Sat night but he has been pretty good overall and basically got 3 votes last week. I would be disappointed if they dropped him after one poor game. I reckon he was not a 100% like Bruce and was one of his knees was strapped before the first bounce. Might be carrying a niggle. He has a damaging foot and knows his way around the goals. He also allows Gresh and Billings to play in the middle. It's a team and club game, not an individuals sport.

Posters that have admitted they were wrong about Hanna's gastro and the club didn't create a cover story.
Total = 1.
Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Mon 29 Apr 2019 12:21pm Kent had a poor game on Sat night but he has been pretty good overall and basically got 3 votes last week. I would be disappointed if they dropped him after one poor game. I reckon he was not a 100% like Bruce and was one of his knees was strapped before the first bounce. Might be carrying a niggle. He has a damaging foot and knows his way around the goals. He also allows Gresh and Billings to play in the middle. It's a team and club game, not an individuals sport.
What is Kent’s role in this team game?