Team for round 6

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Team for round 6

In

Daniel McKenzie

Out

Jarryn Geary (Injured)

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Re: Team for round 6

https://www.saints.com.au/news/2019-04- ... on-round-6

"Ruckman Billy Longer is also closing in on a return, named an emergency alongside Joyce, Marsh and Hind.

The St Kilda-listed players not selected for the AFL team will enjoy a rest this weekend with Sandringham having the bye in the VFL.

Crossy66
Club Player

Marshall forward, longer in if Bruce doesnt come up imho

prwilkinson
SS Hall of Fame

Solid replacement. Always has a crack.

George27
Club Player

3 talls amongst the emergencies. Suggests to me there may still be some doubt about Josh Bruce( as flagged by Tony74) , and that we are keeping some options open in case he does not come up . Making it clear however that I am just guessing !

Saintly66
Club Player

Love the team just not dmac, white or rice much better footballers and not just athletes.

older saint
SS Life Member

If Bruce out needs to be Marsh. Cant have a player which only plays one spot and provides nothing else ( Longer) . He should only come in if Marshall's form drops off or injury. Might sound Harsh but until provides more around the ground just cant carry those guys

footynut
Club Player

older saint wrote: Thu 25 Apr 2019 8:14pm If Bruce out needs to be Marsh. Cant have a player which only plays one spot and provides nothing else ( Longer) . He should only come in if Marshall's form drops off or injury. Might sound Harsh but until provides more around the ground just cant carry those guys
Spot on Marsh gives us flexibility, he could play forward, back, Ruck or on ball. You could have him & Acres on the ball at the same time, alternating who takes the ruck. He's also been playing forward & back in the VFL

stkfc1
Club Player

Marsh must be impressing to get a chance so early. Good on him. Could end up being a very astute get for us.

Zed
SS Hall of Fame

If Bruce is out , then maybe Joyce in. He goes to the backline and Battle to the forward line. Although I do also like Marshall up forward . I know Billy is a better ruckman, but Just think that what Marshall lacks in ruck work is outweighed by his work around the ground with marking and tackling. Billy doesn’t give us anything after the ruck contest is done.

Life is never more fun than when you're the underdog competing against the giants.
Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Marsh is not ready. It would be a massive mistake to give him a game right now. I'd rather a guy who will be cleaner with his disposal and is a one touch player.

DMac and Brandon White would be my first preference and Hunter Clark or Nick Coffield as options also

spert
Saintsational Legend

The only reason Marsh is an emergency I would say, is to take Bruce's spot if injured.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

spert wrote: Fri 26 Apr 2019 8:06am The only reason Marsh is an emergency I would say, is to take Bruce's spot if injured.
Agree.

Please not farking Longer. Anyone but bloody Longer!

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Viscount Jeremiah
Club Player

saintspremiers wrote: Fri 26 Apr 2019 10:00am
spert wrote: Fri 26 Apr 2019 8:06am The only reason Marsh is an emergency I would say, is to take Bruce's spot if injured.
Agree.

Agreed lets move on from Longer!

Saint wagga
Club Player

My favourite aspects of DMac's game is his ability to win one-on-one contests, which i think people may underestimate at the moment. He doesn't accumulate a heap of the footy (something hopefully he can add with more games/experience) but he does seem to win clutch contests which are invaluable. He's good in the air, and is quick and is improving at peeling off his man to provide help. Has also clearly gelled nicely with the rest of the defensive unit which is important. Like the selection integrity and continuity with winning sides. Crossing fingers toes and everything else Longer doesn't come into the side!!

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Viscount Jeremiah wrote: Fri 26 Apr 2019 11:22am
Agree.

Agreed lets move on from Longer!
cue "you know who"

ace
Saintsational Legend

Saint wagga wrote: Fri 26 Apr 2019 11:31am My favourite aspects of DMac's game is his ability to win one-on-one contests, which i think people may underestimate at the moment. He doesn't accumulate a heap of the footy (something hopefully he can add with more games/experience) but he does seem to win clutch contests which are invaluable. He's good in the air, and is quick and is improving at peeling off his man to provide help. Has also clearly gelled nicely with the rest of the defensive unit which is important. Like the selection integrity and continuity with winning sides. Crossing fingers toes and everything else Longer doesn't come into the side!!
But Longer is the best ruckman in the universe or so Stonecold has convinced me.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
ace
Saintsational Legend

Agree.

Are you saying
No longer Longer

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
Viscount Jeremiah
Club Player

Saint wagga wrote: Fri 26 Apr 2019 11:31am My favourite aspects of DMac's game is his ability to win one-on-one contests, which i think people may underestimate at the moment. He doesn't accumulate a heap of the footy (something hopefully he can add with more games/experience) but he does seem to win clutch contests which are invaluable. He's good in the air, and is quick and is improving at peeling off his man to provide help. Has also clearly gelled nicely with the rest of the defensive unit which is important. Like the selection integrity and continuity with winning sides. Crossing fingers toes and everything else Longer doesn't come into the side!!
I think our defense is lacking in rebounding speed and attacking ball movement that's why I would have liked Hind or even White to be given a go.

But agree with your comment by and large

terry smith rules
SS Life Member

Viscount Jeremiah wrote: Fri 26 Apr 2019 11:39am
I think our defense is lacking in rebounding speed and attacking ball movement that's why I would have liked Hind or even White to be given a go.

Wow have you even watched this year. Savage has been sensational

" A few will never give up on you. When you go back out on the field, those are the people I want in your minds. Those are the people I want in your hearts."

— Coach Eric Taylor - Friday Night Lights
terry smith rules
SS Life Member

Saintly66 wrote: Thu 25 Apr 2019 7:53pm Love the team just not dmac, white or rice much better footballers and not just athletes.
Rice really? I didn’t see either rice or white finishing top ten in last year b and f.

" A few will never give up on you. When you go back out on the field, those are the people I want in your minds. Those are the people I want in your hearts."

— Coach Eric Taylor - Friday Night Lights
Viscount Jeremiah
Club Player

terry smith rules wrote: Fri 26 Apr 2019 1:27pm
Viscount Jeremiah wrote: Fri 26 Apr 2019 11:39am

Wow have you even watched this year. Savage has been sensational
I didn’t ask for Savage to be dropped did I?

Agree he’s been excellent. Relax it’s just my opinion

stkfc1
Club Player

Look if Dmac keeps Eddie to 2 goals or under, he's done his job. Crows scoring ability is relying on him kicking a bag at the moment.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

I hope Bruce is okay to play. He’s been key to our resurgence. If he misses with Geary also out, that’s a lot of leadership missing. I think we are up to it, but it will be a big test.

SemperFidelis
SS Life Member

Did we train this morning? Any news on Baroose?

Always loyal