Why Austin Logan not playing in the JLT?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Sanctorum
Club Player

Why Austin Logan not playing in the JLT?

A bit surprised that Logan Austin has not been named in the 26 for this weekend's JLT game against Footscray.

With Nathan Brown unavailable for Rd 1 and Jake Carlisle indefinitely, it seems to me that Logan Austin would have been ahead of both Joyce and Battle for a KP in defence.

He is not listed as injured so can only surmise that he has not trained well enough - can anyone shed any light on this??

"I am an old man and have known a great many troubles, but most of them never happened."

"Life would be infinitely happier if we could only be born at the age of eighty and gradually approach eighteen."

Mark Twain (1835 - 1910) American writer and humorist
Stian
Club Player

Re: Why Austin Logan not playing in the JLT?

Yep, my thoughts too. I understood that he was a targeted recruit specially for "insurance" backup for KP defenders.

So, either the recruiters mis-read his talent or the unexpected development of Joyce and Battle has leap-frogged Austin.

Has anybody been watching training closely enough to answer that?

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

He had surgery in the off season and a second injury in early Feb. Probably underdone. Why would you rush him into a JLT?
https://m.afl.com.au/news/2019-02-07/sa ... on-setback.

saint6709
Club Player

CQ SAINT wrote: Fri 08 Mar 2019 4:37pm He had surgery in the off season and a second injury in early Feb. Probably underdone. Why would you rush him into a JLT?
Because he played for Sandy last week and Browns not available round 1 —- seems very simple to me

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

saint6709 wrote: Fri 08 Mar 2019 10:07pm
CQ SAINT wrote: Fri 08 Mar 2019 4:37pm He had surgery in the off season and a second injury in early Feb. Probably underdone. Why would you rush him into a JLT?
Because he played for Sandy last week and Browns not available round 1 —- seems very simple to me
How did he go. Did he play a whole game?
He has had an unfortunate history with soft tissue injuries. No doubt there is some talent there but he doesnt seem to be able to stand up to the rigours of AFL football and I dont think he has played a full season since being recruited by the Power. He and Joyce were about even last year and it looks like Joyce is just more durable and might be the better one on one defender, I also wouldnt be suprised if he is also behind Wilkie in terms of intercept, rebound and run at this stage.
If fit, he will definitely get opportunities but his start to this season has not been ideal.

Harves Man
Club Player

Sanctorum wrote: Fri 08 Mar 2019 2:19pm A bit surprised that Logan Austin has not been named in the 26 for this weekend's JLT game against Footscray.

With Nathan Brown unavailable for Rd 1 and Jake Carlisle indefinitely, it seems to me that Logan Austin would have been ahead of both Joyce and Battle for a KP in defence.

He is not listed as injured so can only surmise that he has not trained well enough - can anyone shed any light on this??
Yes this situation should by definition make him Logistically Logical Logan, were he to be named in the team.

One of the cheer squad could then have a banner made up that reads: "Logistically Logical Logan Looms". It would strike terror into the hearts of the entire opposition forward line, in much the same way that "Rix Rox Rux" did to opposition ruckmen.