the view from the bridge

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

freely
SS Hall of Fame

the view from the bridge

ListManager
Club Player

Re: the view from the bridge

This is the friggen idiot who decided to get rid of Freeman and Goddard just when they got their bodies right. And now we have to fill their spots on the list with picks 400 and 450 in the National Draft. Good onya f***wit.

<warning for abuse of Saints official>

NeXus Nick is back but where is Joffaboy????
Aussie Jonestown
Club Player

A basket case of a club, an AFL sock puppet being directed by laterally challenged clowns doing their apprenticeship. The delisting of Freeman and Goddard is incompetence on steroids.
St.Kilda Football Club is a plague of vacuous stupidity.

ST KILDA concedes it didn't know the full extent of prized recruit Dan Hannebery's struggles with his body when it traded for him.
stonecold
SS Life Member

Trolls!!!!!

'Cause StoneCold Said So'!!!!!

We will be great again once Billy is back playing!!!!!

The 'Last Post', it's the gift that keeps giving 📯📯📯📯📯
Aussie Jonestown
Club Player

stonecold wrote: Sun 07 Oct 2018 1:13pm Trolls!!!!!
If you ever start getting a clue I'll let you know when you're getting warmer... right now you are stone cold.

ST KILDA concedes it didn't know the full extent of prized recruit Dan Hannebery's struggles with his body when it traded for him.
derby Street
Club Player

Aussie Jonestown wrote: Sun 07 Oct 2018 12:53pm A basket case of a club, an AFL sock puppet being directed by laterally challenged clowns doing their apprenticeship. The delisting of Freeman and Goddard is incompetence on steroids.
You would think troll by the continual putdown of the saints - but I suggest it's just Con back in one of his other disguises. Looks like he is getting warmed up - so I expect some vile abuse and inappropriate sexual comments to flow any time soon.

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

derby Street wrote: Sun 07 Oct 2018 1:34pm
Aussie Jonestown wrote: Sun 07 Oct 2018 12:53pm A basket case of a club, an AFL sock puppet being directed by laterally challenged clowns doing their apprenticeship. The delisting of Freeman and Goddard is incompetence on steroids.
You would think troll by the continual putdown of the saints - but I suggest it's just Con back in one of his other disguises. Looks like he is getting warmed up - so I expect some vile abuse and inappropriate sexual comments to flow any time soon.
Sounds like a con job

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

More non Saints fans posting on here again. Losers.

Posters that have admitted they were wrong about Hanna's gastro and the club didn't create a cover story.
Total = 1.
prwilkinson
SS Hall of Fame

The psychology behind Aussie Jonestown feeling the need to express themselves online in such a way certainly is fascinating. I’d suggest they’re not doing well in many other aspects of their life and coming on here gives them some sort of feeling of control.

Aussie Jonestown
Club Player

Are you people delusional?
The only reason Leathlean made his way to St.Kilda is because he cheated on his wife and he was sent here to resurrect his corporate career! He has never headed a football department ever before.
Gallagher after working for 12 years in the finance industry and 8 years as a banker is now list manager after having never been involved in list management ever before.

The delisting of Freeman and Goddard is off the charts in mind-blowing stupidity.
The club is in the mess it's in, in part because of sycophantic muppets who follow like mindless automatons bereft of independent thought.

I never voted for Footy First and their idiotic agenda to take the club to Seaford!
Please do let me know if any of you can say the same??????????

prwilkinson
SS Hall of Fame

I’ll reserve my judgement of Leathlean and Gallagher until after their time at the club has passed. Perhaps then we’ll all have a little more information to go by than just prejudice and speculation to form our opinions.

And I always thought that the move to Seaford would be a fabric destroyer for the footy club.

derby Street
Club Player

Aussie Jonestown wrote: Sun 07 Oct 2018 2:22pm Are you people delusional?
The only reason Leathlean made his way to St.Kilda is because he cheated on his wife and he was sent here to resurrect his corporate career! He has never headed a football department ever before.
Gallagher after working for 12 years in the finance industry and 8 years as a banker is now list manager after having never been involved in list management ever before.

The delisting of Freeman and Goddard is off the charts in mind-blowing stupidity.
The club is in the mess it's in, in part because of sycophantic muppets who follow like mindless automatons bereft of independent thought.

I never voted for Footy First and their idiotic agenda to take the club to Seaford!
Fascinating - keep it going, it won't be long. On a serious note - are you OK?

Aussie Jonestown
Club Player

prwilkinson wrote: Sun 07 Oct 2018 2:30pm And I always thought that the move to Seaford would be a fabric destroyer for the footy club.
You didn't answer the question.
Did you vote for Footy First?

prwilkinson
SS Hall of Fame

Aussie Jonestown wrote: Sun 07 Oct 2018 2:34pm
prwilkinson wrote: Sun 07 Oct 2018 2:30pm And I always thought that the move to Seaford would be a fabric destroyer for the footy club.
No I didnt and yes I have voting rights at the club.

Aussie Jonestown
Club Player

prwilkinson wrote: Sun 07 Oct 2018 2:36pm
I bet there are many on here too embarrassed to admit to it!

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

derby Street wrote: Sun 07 Oct 2018 2:31pm

Kind of reminds me of Barks4eva

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

I've heard Finnis and Lethlean like the number 33, they believe it has a lot of symmetry about it and think Richo is the right man to keep the number alive for the next 5 years.

stonecold
SS Life Member

Turkish Roll!!!!!

'Cause StoneCold Said So'!!!!!

We will be great again once Billy is back playing!!!!!

The 'Last Post', it's the gift that keeps giving 📯📯📯📯📯
prwilkinson
SS Hall of Fame

I certainly hope the new staff usher in a better era on the field, because the severe debt the club currently finds itself in really is looming large on the horizon.

I mean, after asking members, supporters and benefactors for money to get back to Moorabbin, when is it acceptable to go back to the entire supporter base with the hat out asking for more money for a debt demolition? Surely this conundrum has been discussed at board level.

I said to my better half the other night that if I’d won the $100 million powerball I would have gone to the Saints with a cheque for $13 million the following week. I was in the bad books for thinking about the club before thinking about her.... hehe. I really would have done it too... Don’t underestimate how much I love the St Kilda footy Club.

But when can the club ask for more financial help?

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

prwilkinson wrote: Sun 07 Oct 2018 2:53pm I certainly hope the new staff usher in a better era on the field, because the severe debt the club currently finds itself in really is looming large on the horizon.

I mean, after asking members, supporters and benefactors for money to get back to Moorabbin, when is it acceptable to go back to the entire supporter base with the hat out asking for more money for a debt demolition? Surely this conundrum has been discussed at board level.

I said to my better half the other night that if I’d won the $100 million powerball I would have gone to the Saints with a cheque for $13 million the following week. I was in the bad books for thinking about the club before thinking about her.... hehe. I really would have done it too... Don’t underestimate how much I love the St Kilda footy Club.

But when can the club ask for more financial help?
The club won't go broke, it is merely a cost centre of the AFL so our debt will always be underwritten by the AFL. All AFL clubs are part of one big factory making different widgets for a bigger mechanism. If you lose one widget the mechanism doesn't work.

Linton Lodger
SS Hall of Fame

Aussie Jonestown wrote: Sun 07 Oct 2018 2:41pm
prwilkinson wrote: Sun 07 Oct 2018 2:36pm
I bet there are many on here too embarrassed to admit to it!
I didn't vote for Footy First, I was happy with Butters, didn't give a cracker about his private life. You on the other hand appear obsessed with Lethlean's private life. Was it your wife he had the affair with?

The reason 8,000 members endorsed Footy First by text message, was because they were over excited by us missing the Finals in 2007 and they thought Ross Lyon was a crap Coach taking us nowhere! Angry and over excited, just like you now.

Never leads to intelligent decision making.

Linton Lodger
SS Hall of Fame

Let's see if any other Club draft Freeman and Goddard.

Aussie Jonestown
Club Player

Linton Lodger wrote: Sun 07 Oct 2018 3:11pm
I didn't vote for Footy First, I was happy with Butters, didn't give a cracker about his private life. You on the other hand appear obsessed with Lethlean's private life. Was it your wife he had the affair with?

The reason 8,000 members endorsed Footy First by text message, was because they were over excited by us missing the Finals in 2007 and they thought Ross Lyon was a crap Coach taking us nowhere! Angry and over excited, just like you now.

Never leads to intelligent decision making.
Good post and you're right!
Venting frustrations!
I was pissed off when Freeman had to wait to get a game!
I was pissed off when he got dropped after having almost 40 possessions in a game and a half of football!
I am very pissed off that he was delisted and particularly so after investing three years in him and when he starts to get his body right he gets delisted.
SERIOUSLY!
I would redraft him with a late pick if he is not already selected!
I know it would make them look foolish but it's a bit late for that now!
Daniel Menzel, seriously, they were looking at Daniel Menzel... thankfully he played an absolute shocker and stuffed up big time with that selfish moment where he didn't do the Joe the goose in their last finals game.

I'll express this much as the snake oil the club is spinning is way too frustrating and annoying... it's clear as day they are fumbling around in the dark right now in a state of desperation with the football department at risk of making decisions which will delay for five years to a decade... or possibly deny forevermore any chance this club has of ever winning a premiership as St.Kilda Football Club as opposed to somewhere in a map of Tasmania.

Nick Riewoldt on the board ASAP and this will only happen once Richardson is no longer there.
Nick Riewoldt has one of the smartest football brains in the country and having him on the board would help to right the ship. Offer him the coaching role if he wants it, just get him in there in whatever capacity he chooses. Personally I'd like to see either Luke Beveridge, Lenny Hayes or Nick Riewoldt appointed as coach and I know this might sound a bit left field but I had this dream and in the dream it was Nirvana, oh Nevermind!
Might as well get Nick Dal Santo and Joey Montagna on board, in assistant coaching capacities if they're interested and bring some FUN into the place.
Anyway I said my piece so I'll just leave it at that, shut up and go away.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

st.byron wrote: Sun 07 Oct 2018 2:45pm

God please no

remboy
SS Hall of Fame

skeptic wrote: Sun 07 Oct 2018 4:51pm
st.byron wrote: Sun 07 Oct 2018 2:45pm

God please no
Now I've got to decide whether to change my nic to Sycophantic Muppet or Mindless Automaton.

Opinions are like arseholes, everybody's got one.