What happened at half time

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

older saint
SS Life Member

What happened at half time

Not sure what happened int he rooms at half time but the way the group came out onto the ground was a disgrace IMO and showed a disjointed, unorganised rabble. The group came out on dribs and drabs, post Dogs and umpires, Barely had time for a warm up and Carlisle was behind the rabble and barely didnt touch a ball i think before the game restarted.
I made the comment to my Doggies mate we were a rabble coming out and will get jumped here, and he was shocked how the group came out.

The next 30 minutes supported my fears.

Surely something happened, major disorganisation at best, but the question must be asked - not sure if was on TV but stood out at the ground.

Unprofessional rubbish!

mullet
Saintsational Legend

Re: What happened at half time

Carlisle was prob exhausted from carrying the team. was also prob peed off that he had to ruck and defend. Dont blame him he has been our best this season. As for the rest of them, their efforts were far from AFL standard at times. Not all of them, but most of them

prwilkinson
SS Hall of Fame

Where was the ownership from seniors players to lift when the dogs took over last night? Can’t think of one leader lifting with the contest last night. That’s what was most disappointing to me. Seasoned AFL players just rolling over like that... you gotta wonder...

Moods
Saintsational Legend

mullet wrote: Sun 05 Aug 2018 11:25am Carlisle was prob exhausted from carrying the team. was also prob peed off that he had to ruck and defend. Dont blame him he has been our best this season. As for the rest of them, their efforts were far from AFL standard at times. Not all of them, but most of them
The lauding of Carlise s***s me. Sure, he takes some great marks when he’s 3rd man up, but he’s as much a part of the problem as any of them. He’s LAZY, both with and without the ball. No pressure. He often gets beaten one on one. He plays like he knows he has talent and will never get dropped. When we’re talking poor leadership, he personifies it

desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

agreed carlisle plays like its a job and nothing more. but more and more are playing like that. and who can blame them?
hard to stay motivated in a job when you can see the boss has no direction and little ability. worse when it appears the board continue to back him and you can see no change coming.

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
chico2001
Club Player

Bulldogs were always going to flog us, despite the saints good first quarter. They are quicker and have better players despite a long injury list. Bont was always going to have an impact sooner or later, he is a class player and too good for any Saints opponent. JJ was allowed to run free and their bigger guys started taking marks around the ground and the saints capitulated easily once the pressure came on. Disorganised defence and only Membrey having a red hot go up forward. A few players went MIA.

BenLong#21
Club Player

Richmond, Geelong and Hawks VFL teams are more organized and better drilled than our AFL team.

Toy Saint
SS Hall of Fame

Credit to the Bulldogs coach, he had the ability to adjust his team's strategy. Clearly what the Dogs were doing at the start of the game wasn't working, so he went to an alternate plan.

We probably could have had Luke Bevridge as coach at St Kilda...oh well....

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

I actually feel sorry for Carlisle sometimes, watching him run around in this rabble, after I’m sure being promised the world and expecting a lot more when we got him over, and seeing his old team doing well and actually fighting for finals.

No wonder he doesn’t have the best attitude.

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

Richo said why can't more of you play like Lonie. So they did. And Jared, go for a few speccys, and he did. And the fwds were told watch Johannisen, so they did. And does anyone know where Sinclair is. Jack B you understand we took you instead of Bont, try to learn something. OK now we are doing the draw to see who rucks, no Jade you can't be the centre of everything it has to be a fair draw. Line up by size.....Wish we had a travelling emergency like that Marshall fellow. Now remember strong in the contest, yes Newnes that means you I don't care about the perfect hair... oh is that the time, off you all go and play well....I'll be in the box and call if I want your opinion...

fugazi
Saintsational Legend

Yorkeys wrote: Sun 05 Aug 2018 10:11pm Richo said why can't more of you play like Lonie. So they did. And Jared, go for a few speccys, and he did. And the fwds were told watch Johannisen, so they did. And does anyone know where Sinclair is. Jack B you understand we took you instead of Bont, try to learn something. OK now we are doing the draw to see who rucks, no Jade you can't be the centre of everything it has to be a fair draw. Line up by size.....Wish we had a travelling emergency like that Marshall fellow. Now remember strong in the contest, yes Newnes that means you I don't care about the perfect hair... oh is that the time, off you all go and play well....I'll be in the box and call if I want your opinion...
Yep that would basically explain it

Nee!
CarlTaughtMeEnglish
Club Player

I think it was more along the lines of...
“Seb what the f$&@ you doing. 3 goals. Are you shitting me. Your not going anywhere near the forward fifty this half. Your in the back line with Armo! The pair of you knew the plan was to keep it tight and loose honourably and now we have to engineer a comeback that looks natural. Carlisle is tearing them apart so he’s out shopping for a shin guard cause he’s in the ruck, assuming he gets back in time.”

Listening on the sports ears at the game Roos and Joey had a conversation about how Armo had always wanted to play halfback.

Melbourne didn’t tank but bought the game into disrepute. One of the ways they did this was by playing players out of position.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk