The Coach

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

1965 Saint
Club Player

The Coach

Just watched the presser after today’s debacle. I’m afraid that Mr Richardson has run out of steam. I tried to imagine being a player and how I would feel listening to his views on today’s game. I think uninspiring is the overwhelming impression. I don’t think he is someone you want to go full tilt for. No future until that is resolved and it needs to be soon. Sad outcome otherwise.

ss1986
Club Player

Re: The Coach

Some real pearlers again...

“We were really mindful of what Johanisson can do” - had 42 touches....

And did nothing to praise and build up Freeman...”the ball zipped around him a few times tonight”

Freeman wont be selected next week from the sound of it.

If Newnes gets a game ahead of him... or anyone else for that matter based in his despicable putrid efforts tonight... ill storm the club on the Monday

SteveStevens66
Club Player

Spot on 1965 Saint.

This pathetic and emotionally stunted excuse for a coach has to go. Hard to believe but in the presser he was even more clueless and inarticulate than usual. He was utterly unable to give a coherent answer as to why we played like we did tonight. Just one example why he is such an inept leader. All things considered I think Freeman played quite well. He was very far from our worst player. When asked directly if he had played well enough to be picked again next week the "coach" was unable to offer either one bit of praise for the boy's game or any hope at all that he'd be picked next week. How demoralizing for Freeza to hear that, especially knowing that spuds like Billings, Dunstan, and Newnes are assured of playing week in week out. Pay Richardson out and give him the arse. We'll lose more in declining memberships and sponsorships. It'll be money well spent. We've made many mistakes as a club since 1873 but this imbecile is right up there with the biggest of our many errors.

Carna Saints!!!
The_President
Club Player

For what it’s worth...

I took someone to the footy tonight and it was their first ever game. They had no idea about the game play or skill level..

Her favourite player now wear 39 for the bulldogs.

She was a saints supporter at the start of the night and finished as a bulldogs fan.

Go Saints.

groupie1
Club Player

He's only got 1 year left, right? I probably agree - pay him out and snare Caracella

Gordon Fode couldda been Plugga
Schillaci
Club Player

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-08-04/r ... erformance
"I don't know the reason but I know the solution will be to challenge those players strongly and continue to drive them to improve and grow as leaders," he said.
"They need to know that whether you're in at stoppage, whether you're in contest, you have a responsibility to compete and be aggressive and to be strong and to be clean under pressure, doesn't matter who you are."

We're all sorted then.

saintbob
SS Life Member

I turned the press conference off before I smashed my TV.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Schillaci wrote: Sun 05 Aug 2018 7:15am http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-08-04/r ... erformance
"I don't know the reason but I know the solution will be to challenge those players strongly and continue to drive them to improve and grow as leaders," he said.

Oh my god. Every week the same garbage. We’ll challenge players to come back strongly.......blah blah blah..broken record.

The man is a leadership void, a vacuum. Full of meaningless platitudes. Why? Because he doesn’t have the integrity and internal strength required to inspire and create the group trust to bring the best out of players. If we’re keeping him because paying him out is too expensive, we’re stuffed. If we’re keeping him because those who can sack him genuinely believe he has what it takes, we’re stuffed. Looks to me like the club is rotting from the inside out and Richardson and his masters are at the core of it.
If, as he said in his presser, the players aren’t responding and “Seb Ross played a lone hand”, the question has to be why. Why again and again and again and again does this kind of thing happen? He sad in the presser, “we just didn’t compete”. A bunch of young men living their dream lack the motivation and cohesion to have a fair dinkum crack.....why? Because they’re playing for a leader they don’t respect in their guts and are completely uninspired by. He is a disaster. 107 games, 37 wins, 0 finals.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

1965 Saint wrote: Sun 05 Aug 2018 2:58am Just watched the presser after today’s debacle. I’m afraid that Mr Richardson has run out of steam. I tried to imagine being a player and how I would feel listening to his views on today’s game. I think uninspiring is the overwhelming impression. I don’t think he is someone you want to go full tilt for. No future until that is resolved and it needs to be soon. Sad outcome otherwise.

This exactly.

axcellence
Club Player

Sack him now, sack him at the end of the season or sack him in round 11 next year, it's all the same.

He's failed.

The only thing is how much management can kick the can down the road. How many lost memberships vs how much is Richo's payout.

That's the reality of this bunch

iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

Schillaci wrote: Sun 05 Aug 2018 7:15am http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-08-04/r ... erformance
"They need to know that whether you're in at stoppage, whether you're in contest, you have a responsibility to compete and be aggressive and to be strong and to be clean under pressure, doesn't matter who you are."

We're all sorted then.
Yeah,enough is enough. This embarrassing garbage week in week out from this dunce Richardson had to STOP. Just stop. It’s taking the club back decades at a rapid rate. He must go now no matter the cost in dollars or reputation. Way way way out of hosxdprh.

iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

iwantmeseats wrote: Sun 05 Aug 2018 9:10am

We're all sorted then.
Yeah,enough is enough. This embarrassing garbage week in week out from this dunce Richardson has to STOP. Just stop. It’s taking the club back decades at a rapid rate. He must go now no matter the cost in dollars or reputation. Way way way out of his depth.

wally
Club Player

If he had any integrity he would tell management they don't have to pay him out should they choose to go in a different direction.

He's lost the players .All these players aren't duds .

spert
Saintsational Legend

Richos' body language- where is it? Looks like a post standing there, and sounds monotonous when he talks- I reckon the team reflect that.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

wally wrote: Sun 05 Aug 2018 10:57am If he had any integrity he would tell management they don't have to pay him out should they choose to go in a different direction.

Why would anyone do that?

He can “leave on his terms” “walk out” etc and behind closed doors still negotiate a confidential settlement - maybe it will appear on our books but won’t be public for about 12 months time.

Richo has a media career also, and that will continue regardless of how he leaves.

Our club should be performance managing him so he has official warnings - that’s the way you get rid of someone and pay them out a lesser sum than they may otherwise get.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
BenLong#21
Club Player

saintspremiers wrote: Sun 05 Aug 2018 11:19am
wally wrote: Sun 05 Aug 2018 10:57am If he had any integrity he would tell management they don't have to pay him out should they choose to go in a different direction.

Why would anyone do that?

He can “leave on his terms” “walk out” etc and behind closed doors still negotiate a confidential settlement - maybe it will appear on our books but won’t be public for about 12 months time.

Richo has a media career also, and that will continue regardless of how he leaves.

Our club should be performance managing him so he has official warnings - that’s the way you get rid of someone and pay them out a lesser sum than they may otherwise get.
I sincerely doubt he has any chance of a continuing media career.
Very flat performer. Almost unwatchable and unlistenable.

SteveStevens66
Club Player

Media career! Ha! Every Monday night Scott shows him up for yeah-nah imbecile he is.

Carna Saints!!!
BenLong#21
Club Player

groupie1 wrote: Sun 05 Aug 2018 6:11am He's only got 1 year left, right? I probably agree - pay him out and snare Caracella

Incorrect.
He is contracted until the end of the 2020 season.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/st-kil ... 492e5c6ad2
St Kilda re-signs coach Alan Richardson through until 2020
October 6, 2017 5:24pm
Source: FOX SPORTS

A TWO-YEAR contract extension means Alan Richardson should become St Kilda’s second-longest serving AFL coach.
The Saints have backed Richardson to continue their resurgence, extending his contract to the end of the 2020 season.
How a coach with a 33% winning record and zero finals appearances can be the 2nd longest coach in the club's history is impossible to understand.

Completely unfathomable.

saintbob
SS Life Member

The idiot needs to grow some balls and get back in the coaches box and take control.

The lack of leadership rest squarely on his shoulders and until this pathetic excuse for a coach starts leading by example we’ve got no hope!!

saynta
Saintsational Legend

BenLong#21 wrote: Sun 05 Aug 2018 3:34pm
groupie1 wrote: Sun 05 Aug 2018 6:11am He's only got 1 year left, right? I probably agree - pay him out and snare Caracella

Incorrect.
He is contracted until the end of the 2020 season.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/st-kil ... 492e5c6ad2
St Kilda re-signs coach Alan Richardson through until 2020
October 6, 2017 5:24pm
Source: FOX SPORTS

A TWO-YEAR contract extension means Alan Richardson should become St Kilda’s second-longest serving AFL coach.
The Saints have backed Richardson to continue their resurgence, extending his contract to the end of the 2020 season.
How a coach with a 33% winning record and zero finals appearances can be the 2nd longest coach in the club's history is impossible to understand.

Completely unfathomable.
Your first post that I have agreed with !00%.

Any other club would have fired him plus the guys who gave him a two year extension.