Coincidence or not??

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

One Eyed Saint
Club Player

Coincidence or not??

I might be going out on a limb with this one.

Is it a coincidence or not that our downturn in form has coincided with the arrival of Simon Lethlean to our club?

During 2016 and 2017 we had Jamie Cos filling the role of GM Footy Ops and things seemed to be working fine.

I am not saying out results would have been much better without him but it seems coincidental that our performances been disasterous since he arrived at the club.

Has anyone heard how he is going and his impact at the club so far?

portosaint
Club Player

Re: Coincidence or not??

This rot started last year

Linton Lodger
SS Hall of Fame

Lethlean has nothing to do with it. Although I'm not suggesting this is the one and only issue, I think our 2016 season, specifically almost making the Finals when we weren't a finals team, was the worst thing that could've happened to us. It understably boosted expectations among supporters and outside the Club, but it appears it inflated internal assessments.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

Not...nor is the Moorabbin renovation...we've been suffering from this malaise for some time now.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Linton Lodger wrote:Lethlean has nothing to do with it. Although I'm not suggesting this is the one and only issue, I think our 2016 season, specifically almost making the Finals when we weren't a finals team, was the worst thing that could've happened to us. It understably boosted expectations among supporters and outside the Club, but it appears it inflated internal assessments.
It also made other clubs take notice of what we were doing and they worked out how to stop us. Richo is still working on Plan B under his new 5 year plan/rebuild commencing 2019.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
cwrcyn
Saintsational Legend

Might have more to do with Henry Playfair's input, and a change of role for Adam Kingsley. Clearly, we do not have an A Grade coaching team.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Everyone's fault except the players, ha?

:roll:

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
saynta
Saintsational Legend

portosaint wrote:This rot started last year

Yep. Can't blame Simon for this lot of dished up crap.

ace
Saintsational Legend

cwrcyn wrote:Might have more to do with Henry Playfair's input, and a change of role for Adam Kingsley. Clearly, we do not have an A Grade coaching team.
I don't want to play fair, I want to win.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.
BringBackMadDog
Club Player

One Eyed Saint wrote:I might be going out on a limb with this one.

Is it a coincidence or not that our downturn in form has coincided with the arrival of Simon Lethlean to our club?

During 2016 and 2017 we had Jamie Cos filling the role of GM Footy Ops and things seemed to be working fine.

I am not saying out results would have been much better without him but it seems coincidental that our performances been disasterous since he arrived at the club.

yep, its Lethleans fault that we cant hit the side of a barn from 10 feet or that we continually handball to a bloke standing still with 5 opponents about to crush him. FFS this is a ridiculous OP

parkeysainter
SS Life Member

BringBackMadDog wrote:
One Eyed Saint wrote:I might be going out on a limb with this one.

yep, its Lethleans fault that we cant hit the side of a barn from 10 feet or that we continually handball to a bloke standing still with 5 opponents about to crush him. FFS this is a ridiculous OP
Lol. Next it will be the receptionist's fault at RSEA Park because she didn't pick up the phone the first time. :lol:

Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud

In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death, taxes and the St Kilda FC