Do Umpires Have Protection...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Do Umpires Have Protection...

When they bend us over and roger us?

Did anyone see that young reporter on Channel 7 last night imply that the umps screwed us good and those two numpties Ling and Darcy just scoffed at him? I wanna shake that guy's hand. Finally, someone in the media sticking their neck out for us.

Let's not forget, the fluorescent creeps cost us finals action last year. All we needed was one more win. They at least shafted us good and proper against Hawthorn.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
Griggsy
SS Life Member

Re: Do Umpires Have Protection...

I wish their parents did

..it turns out I'm still upset

Freebird
Club Player

all three umps are from Victoria

Darcy loves the umps, why wouldn't you if follow Footscray.

iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

Sainternist. Grow up. Boo hoo waa waaa it was the umpires waa waa. Pathetic.
Just accept this team has a few too many spuds in it. Sam Gilbert I'm looking at you.

cwrcyn
Saintsational Legend

You only have to look at the free kick stats for WC in Perth over the past decade to see there is a vast discrepancy in the free kick count. No other team gets a better run than WC at home...and it's by a street

Proph3t of egan
Club Player

iwantmeseats wrote:Sainternist. Grow up. Boo hoo waa waaa it was the umpires waa waa. Pathetic.
Just accept this team has a few too many spuds in it. Sam Gilbert I'm looking at you.
Gilbo had a good game last night and was damaging with his run and kick, and people are still gonna have a go at him?

Fortius quo Fidelius means Strength through Loyalty. . . I think
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

AFL give out TV rights

Do you think they don't have a say on how the game is reported? They make the rules.... the coaches can't even speak about them.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Proph3t of egan wrote:
iwantmeseats wrote:Sainternist. Grow up. Boo hoo waa waaa it was the umpires waa waa. Pathetic.
Gilbo had a good game last night and was damaging with his run and kick, and people are still gonna have a go at him?
I thought he and Ross were our best

iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

Proph3t of egan wrote:
What about the past 10 years of insipid disposal and average games when he has a "good one? Pfft

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

No, you need to grow up, Numpty Dumpty. What kind of supporter abuses the players on his own team? The worst kind. Pull your head out of your rear end. Sam Gilbert has given the club great service for over a decade. That's far, far, far more than you've ever done for the club. And to deny that the umpiresgave us the wrong end of the stick makes you look like a massive suckhole. Wake up and smell the coffee, Numpty Dumpty!

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
Linton Lodger
SS Hall of Fame

The Umpires were an utter disgrace last night, every soft decision went against us and I don't recall us getting a single free kick in the first half.

Then there was the critical final quarter free kicks (for goals). Was the one against Savage to Kennedy? Whatever it was never a free kick, then a few minutes later Kennedy shoves Brown square in the back but gets awarded the mark for another goal.

I'm not one to blame umpires for losses, the only time I can recall doing so in a while was the Hawthorn game last year. However it is not unreasonable to assert that the umpiring yesterday were a contributing factor to our loss.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

You didnt watch the game did you?

Trev from the Bush
SS Life Member

iwantmeseats wrote:
Proph3t of egan wrote:
What about the past 10 years of insipid disposal and average games when he has a "good one? Pfft
Go follow another team. Don't come on this site trolling and baiting, you idiot. :evil:

Saint supporter since '62