Armitage-Lewis x2

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Long Term Injury
Club Player

Armitage-Lewis x2

Been thinking over the last few days of another few examples of who our younger players could model themselves on to take them to the next level.
Acres and Fyfe has been mentioned a couple of times, but I've come up with another couple and interested to hear other's thoughts or additional suggestions:
Dunstan-Cunnington - this guy is really underrated for me but is a great player. Hard as nails in and under and has improved his outside game. For me he is the best roo mid.

McKenzie-Easton Wood - also similar in temperament, at least it looks like that from the other side of the world. Both have great hands, are courageous as any other player on their respective teams. Dmac could learn a lot from a guy like this in terms of reading the play, but could be more explosive than him... think (in my wildest imagination) a combo of Wood and Johansson.

Billings-Robbie Gray - has the polish but not nearly the hardness and hunger of Gray. If he could mimic Gray in terms of consistent intensity I'd be really happy with his 2017. I think he has it in him, I remember a game he played on Gazza and he was matching him a fair bit wanting to test himself against the best. But make this more consistent.

Fingers crossed you guys and gals have a few more suggestions

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Re: Armitage-Lewis x2

Good op but I'm a bit slow. Can you explain the thread title please

kp83
Club Player

Scollop wrote:Good op but I'm a bit slow. Can you explain the thread title please
I think he's referring to how Armo modelled his game on Jordan Lewis from the Hawks (now Dees) last year when he had his breakout season.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Thanks.

Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

Big Mart-Plugger66

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
Impatient Sainter
Saintsational Legend

Great summations LTI hopefully they come true!

Long Term Injury
Club Player

kp83 wrote:
Scollop wrote:Good op but I'm a bit slow. Can you explain the thread title please
I think he's referring to how Armo modelled his game on Jordan Lewis from the Hawks (now Dees) last year when he had his breakout season.
Sorry, yep exactly right!