Time for a Win Against the Tuggers!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Time for a Win Against the Tuggers!

It's crazy to think those hacks have had the wood over us for five years now. It has been so long since we last had a win against them that I can't even remember the actual game. I assume it was some point in 2011, as I remember them finally winning against us in 2012 for the first time since 2003. Would be great to reverse it this weekend and have another decade of them being at our mercy. Perhaps a big win against them this weekend could be the catalyst for them to finally let go of that hopeless coach they seem to cling onto. Richmond sticking with Hardwick are like one of those couples who always fights and cheats on each other, but never goes as far as breaking up.

Surely, we won't drop a game against that rabble this time!

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

Re: Time for a Win Against the Tuggers!

It was 2010 Sainternist. We drew with them at the MCG in 2011. So it has been a while.
We haven't beaten Adelaide since 2011 - by over 100 points.
Haven't beaten Hawthorn since 2009. Drew with them in 2010.
Haven't beaten North since 2011.
Haven't beaten West Coast since 2011, or the Swans since 2012.
Haven't beaten Port Adelaide since 2011 either.

So, that's 7 sides which have the wood on us.
We haven't beaten Richmond at the MCG since 2007. Riewoldt for them is the dangerman. A Richmond supporter told me that in his best game this year he kicked 3 goals, so he is overdue for a big one. I hope the selectors are bold this week with their selections. Would like to see some of the players who have earned a call up after slogging it out all year at Sandringham get their opportunity.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

samuraisaint wrote:It was 2010 Sainternist. We drew with them at the MCG in 2011. So it has been a while.
We haven't beaten Adelaide since 2011 - by over 100 points.
Haven't beaten Hawthorn since 2009. Drew with them in 2010.
Haven't beaten North since 2011.
Haven't beaten West Coast since 2011, or the Swans since 2012.
Haven't beaten Port Adelaide since 2011 either.

So, that's 7 sides which have the wood on us.
We haven't beaten Richmond at the MCG since 2007. Riewoldt for them is the dangerman. A Richmond supporter told me that in his best game this year he kicked 3 goals, so he is overdue for a big one. I hope the selectors are bold this week with their selections. Would like to see some of the players who have earned a call up after slogging it out all year at Sandringham get their opportunity.
That's right! Now I remember that draw in 2011. We were lucky to come out of it with 2 points, but it felt like a loss all the same. The worst part was Lenny's season ending knee injury. Everyone knew it right then and there that he did his knee and we were going to have to endure the rest of the year without our best player of the time.

That's quite a number of other teams who have also got the wood over us. I reckon we would have ended that drought against Port had we have got a second crack at them at Docklands this season. I have a feeling we'll be ending a few of those hoodoos next year.

Thank you for your very informative response, Samurai!

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

There's a good chance we'll get rolled in this one. Confidence would have taken a pounding after being taught a lesson by a very good side. Hickey is a huge loss. Most of our wins this season have depended on him dominating. Plus recent history against the Tiggas is not good. Prove me wrong boys

clintgrierson
Club Player

bigcarl wrote:There's a good chance we'll get rolled in this one. Confidence would have taken a pounding after being taught a lesson by a very good side. Hickey is a huge loss. Most of our wins this season have depended on him dominating. Plus recent history against the Tiggas is not good. Prove me wrong boys

I'm not sure about that.. every time we lose, we come back with some learnings and lessons from getting whipped. I think we might even smash Richmond, with the knowledge and lessons we received from sydney.