Webster in Bali Hospital

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Wrote for Luck
Club Player

Webster in Bali Hospital

Anyone else see this story on back page of the sports section in The Age today? Sorry if this has already been covered on here.

It says we have played down the incident involving Jimmy who spent time in a Bali hospital after suffering head injuries in a motorbike accident. They then go on to mention how highly rated he is, and how he got into booze strife in 2014.

Concerns about Jimmy? No, not really. He's probably just a rough geezer from Tasmania who hunts, gets bad tattoos, and falls off motorcycles in Bali.

Maybe the club is getting better at keeping such shenanigans in-house?

Pills 'n' Thrills and Heartaches
Bluthy
Saintsational Legend

Re: Webster in Bali Hospital

Even though it was the head assuming it he had a helmet might not have been too bad hence no big publicity. They'd be stacks of AFL footy players bumping, falling, slipping, sliding, scraping, slicing, grazing, bruising all manner of body parts in the off-season - only those with decent injuries are going to be reported. Footy is probably the most dangerous activity these guys do so as long as they avoid that they should be fine :wink:

Goose is king
SS Hall of Fame

And as long as they keep away from shooting hoops. Oh wait, only Paul Roos is anal about that

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

I still wonder how no body said anything about Nat Fyfe being on a hoverboard pre Christmas

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

saintbrat wrote:I still wonder how no body said anything about Nat Fyfe being on a hoverboard pre Christmas
Unless it was on fire, I don't think there was any danger.

I'm more concerned with the way everyone lauded the guy who jumped across three seats to take that catch at the cricket.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
saynta
Saintsational Legend

Bluthy wrote:Even though it was the head assuming it he had a helmet might not have been too bad hence no big publicity. They'd be stacks of AFL footy players bumping, falling, slipping, sliding, scraping, slicing, grazing, bruising all manner of body parts in the off-season - only those with decent injuries are going to be reported. Footy is probably the most dangerous activity these guys do so as long as they avoid that they should be fine :wink:
He's just a Taswegian bogan.

Was probably only wearing one helmet.

:wink:

IanRush
SS Hall of Fame

I don't get why people still go to Bali, just spend the extra $100 and go to Singapore.

USELESS FACT: The WADA case against Essendon (in Sydney as well) is exactly 10 years to the day that Australia qualified for the 2006 FIFA World Cup.
ripplug66
Club Player

IanRush wrote:I don't get why people still go to Bali, just spend the extra $100 and go to Singapore.

You obviously don't drink.

IanRush
SS Hall of Fame

ripplug66 wrote:
IanRush wrote:I don't get why people still go to Bali, just spend the extra $100 and go to Singapore.

I trust the Singapore Water Main system as opposed to Bali's.

USELESS FACT: The WADA case against Essendon (in Sydney as well) is exactly 10 years to the day that Australia qualified for the 2006 FIFA World Cup.
ripplug66
Club Player

IanRush wrote:
ripplug66 wrote:

I'm pretty sure you knew I meant grog.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
The_Merchant
Club Player

IanRush wrote:
ripplug66 wrote:

Not a lot of surf in Singapore. And as plugger pointed out you can get a dozen beers in Bali for the price of 1 pint in Singapore.

If at first you don't succeed, sky diving is not for you.
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Personally I find Singapore very sterile, with very little old character left and would not want to stay there any longer than a stopover. It is basically just a big city. Bali can offer many experiences, and not just of the Kuta variety.

Airfare may only be $100 more, but everything else will cost a lot, lot more.

Each to their own I guess.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

No interest in Bali at all, you couldn't pay me to go there. Have seen Singapore though, and it is a gem of a place.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
Johnny Favier
Club Player

We just got back from Singapore....waaaaaaaay more expensive for a family to eat out in Singapore. Around 50-60% more for the same type of meal...and that was in Chinatown, which is meant to be less expensive than the restaurants there.

Great place to visit though, all the same. :)

8856brother
Saintsational Legend

Unfortunately some people think Bali is Kuta.

samuraisaint wrote:No interest in Bali at all, you couldn't pay me to go there. Have seen Singapore though, and it is a gem of a place.
No interest whatsoever in going to Bali or Singapore . Hawaiian Islands for me every time . Great beaches, great people, great shopping and it's civilized.

OH, and you are unlikely to run into drunk Aussie bogans.

robbie muir
Club Player

Been to Bali , Singapore and Hawaii .

Hawaii is best by miles. Great weather all year round ( there is no such thing as Winter) , great beaches , great shopping , the most magnificent people, and any type of food that you desire.

If you want the hustle and bustle go to Oahu Island and Waikiki beach, if you want it quiet head either to Maui or the Big Island.

And if you like surfing nothing beats the North Shore of Oahu.

Hawaii by a country mile. Bali never again.

IanRush
SS Hall of Fame

Johnny Favier wrote:
We just got back from Singapore....waaaaaaaay more expensive for a family to eat out in Singapore. Around 50-60% more for the same type of meal...and that was in Chinatown, which is meant to be less expensive than the restaurants there.

Great place to visit though, all the same. :)
Singapore will cost more, but my point being, why go to Bali "on the cheap"?

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

IanRush wrote:
Singapore will cost more, but my point being, why go to Bali "on the cheap"?
Which is a much different question.

Kuta is certainly not my idea of a holiday either, nor is Phuket. But both Bali and Thailand have some great spots to be. Hawaii is very nice I agree, and yes that "Islander" welcome is genuine that you get there and throughout the Pacific.

However Singapore, and I have through there a number of times, is still somewhere I would not return to unless I am transiting and perhaps want to break up another trip.

Some like it as a "desitination" but I am not one of them. Budget is not why as I enjoy holidays of various budgets and some will be more expensive per day than Singapore and some cheaper.

However "young uns" are probably focussed mainly on a "party" destination and so that is probably the answer to your original question. Was never "my scene" but it is why some obviously go. If Webster travelled with mates who are not AFL players, then budget was probably quite importnat to them re destination choice.
Last edited by saintsRrising on Wed 27 Jan 2016 1:43pm, edited 2 times in total.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

robbie muir wrote:Been to Bali , Singapore and Hawaii .

Hawaii is best by miles. Great weather all year round ( there is no such thing as Winter) , great beaches , great shopping , the most magnificent people, and any type of food that you desire.

If you want the hustle and bustle go to Oahu Island and Waikiki beach, if you want it quiet head either to Maui or the Big Island.

We are spending 10 days in Hawaii in April. With the crap exchange rate I reckon food will be expensive, but they do have Costco and you can use your Aussie membership there lol!

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
saynta
Saintsational Legend

'
Have you been to Kauai. Great island. That's where they shot the movies Jurassic Park and Blue Hawaii.

Best hamburgers in the world. Love those fried onion rings too. The surf there ain't bad either.

' Bubba Burgers
This irreverent place eschews anything that reeks of pretense or formality, so come with a light heart and a fun spirit. The fantastic burgers, made from Kauai beef, have gained a large measure of local fame; the basic is 1/6 of a pound, while the Big Bubba pushes the 1/2 pound mark. Both grilled fish filet and chicken breast sandwiches can also be had, along with hot dogs, Italian sausages, and chili. There's even a ginger/teriyaki tempeh burger for vegetarians to savor. With locations island wide, Bubba's is an easy burger to grab and go or enjoy on the porch each location has. (808-826-7839)

saynta
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:

We are spending 10 days in Hawaii in April. With the crap exchange rate I reckon food will be expensive, but they do have Costco and you can use your Aussie membership there lol!
You need to find where the locals eat. Ask your taxi driver. The further from the beach and the tourists well trodden trail the better the food and the cheaper it gets.

Do a bit of on line searching first.There are plenty of sites telling you the best places to go.

Hawaii's not dear though, although the dropping dollar doesn't help.

ripplug66
Club Player

We are talking about a 20 year old kid. Bali, Singapore or Hawaii? Pretty simple answer in my book. Bali every day of the week.

supersaints
Club Player

saintspremiers wrote:

Lucky enough to have use of a holiday house in hawaii ( Kona big island) IMO it's a nice place though if the trade winds don't come in ( as they didn't last November you can almost die with the humidity. That being said Costco did have Jim beam at $20 for 1 1/4 litres... As for food .... for me they do huge burgers and huge everything for that matter but The quality is below Melbourne.. You must buy the back tho.. Hickory smoked streaky bacon is soooo good I didn't eat our stuff for six mOnths. Beautiful place beautiful people. You will enjoy but I wouldn't exactly call it cheap.

And the president said " I did not have sex with that woman"
And our former president said " Football is like golf" 

Go Sainters !!!!!