Jack redden

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

No77778
Club Player

Jack redden

Would we want him, i'll admit i'm not sure who he is or what kind of player he is,
and what would he cost, Ps he is looking for a trade.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Re: Jack redden

No77778 wrote:Would we want him, i'll admit i'm not sure who he is or what kind of player he is,
and what would he cost, Ps he is looking for a trade.
Have you heard anything? The answer is definitely Yes. Big and good.
Players who left Brisbane (Crisp, Polak, Yeo) have all ended up being guns. Dont see this guy being any different if he leaves.

No77778
Club Player

Rosco
Club Player

His first name is a good fit for us.

23 disposals a game, 6 tackles, big (190cm) midfielder, turns 25 in December. Not sure if he is the type we need', all comes down to price.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Something definitely smells up there.
There has to be something to those rumours about Tom Rockliff.

Yeo
Longer
Polak
Crisp
Karnesis
Aish
Redden

Who else?

St Chris
SS Hall of Fame

Con Gorozidis wrote:Something definitely smells up there.

Yeo
Longer
Polak
Crisp
Karnesis
Aish
Redden

Who else?
Luenberger and Martin both want out too.

Lions have very little bargaining power with Redden, he walks next year as a free agent anyway, so I'd be happy to offer our 3rd round pick for him, or Ray and our 4th round pick.

The key is getting Redden to pick us, then we could offer a can of coke and a bag of chips.

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

Good player, different to some of the others we have. Definitely not our first pick, maybe our second, 25-30 would be about market.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Brissie Devils?

Tassies first team??

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

St Chris wrote:

Yeo
Longer
Polak
Crisp
Karnesis
Aish
Redden

Who else?

Lions have very little bargaining power with Redden, he walks next year as a free agent anyway, so I'd be happy to offer our 3rd round pick for him, or Ray and our 4th round pick.

The key is getting Redden to pick us, then we could offer a can of coke and a bag of chips.

Its time we got serious on here about what we would need to trade for players. I know we don't have a say but it would be nice to be serious. Now you say Brisbane don't have any bargaining power but when 2 to 5 clubs show interest it becomes an auction and this auction is getting more than a third rounder. Ray and a 4th rounder is laughable. You do realise as a FA they would get more than both anyway so they do have a choice. Its at least our second rounder and anyway I doubt we have any interest.

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

Very similar player to Seb Ross. I wouldn't say no but not the type we put too much effort into getting

Stephen Theodore
SS Hall of Fame

Latest report up here is he's keen to go to S.A.

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Brisbane wouldn't be stupid enough to release him.

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
St Chris
SS Hall of Fame

plugger66 wrote:
St Chris wrote:

Yeo
Longer
Polak
Crisp
Karnesis
Aish
Redden

Who else?

Its time we got serious on here about what we would need to trade for players. I know we don't have a say but it would be nice to be serious. Now you say Brisbane don't have any bargaining power but when 2 to 5 clubs show interest it becomes an auction and this auction is getting more than a third rounder. Ray and a 4th rounder is laughable. You do realise as a FA they would get more than both anyway so they do have a choice. Its at least our second rounder and anyway I doubt we have any interest.
You must have missed the last line.

The idea behind Free Agency is that players can move to the club they choose. There is no auction as soon as a player chooses their club.

We will NEVER win another flag unless we can pinch some players for under the market rate. We can't compete with Academies, we can't compete with Salary cap allowances, and we can't compete with 3rd party brown paper bags.

The way we can hope to compete in the current climate is to find players who want to come to the club, then use that as leverage to get the deal we want.

I would think we have a lot to offer Redden in a footy sense. Our midfield is light on for experience, and we have cap space.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

This is where the Seaford-Moorabbin-JO comes in to play.
Now I think we can give up on JO once Andrew Daniels got in - but i still think a re-build of Moorabbin would be good.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

St Chris wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
St Chris wrote:

Yeo
Longer
Polak
Crisp
Karnesis
Aish
Redden

Who else?

You must have missed the last line.

The idea behind Free Agency is that players can move to the club they choose. There is no auction as soon as a player chooses their club.

We will NEVER win another flag unless we can pinch some players for under the market rate. We can't compete with Academies, we can't compete with Salary cap allowances, and we can't compete with 3rd party brown paper bags.

The way we can hope to compete in the current climate is to find players who want to come to the club, then use that as leverage to get the deal we want.

I would think we have a lot to offer Redden in a footy sense. Our midfield is light on for experience, and we have cap space.
I read the last line but it still doesn't work like that. Plenty of players have picked clubs but you still usually pay market value. Brisbane will just wait until next year if we offer then our third round pick because under FA they will probably get at least that if not more. I don't understand your point about FA because he isn't a FA until next year. As for the other stuff well Brisbane don't care about that. They just will be after the best pick as long as Redden is happy to go to that club and surely he is still under contract anyway which makes it even harder for him to have to much say.

coopergrech
Club Player

He's chosen West Coast as his preferred destination

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

coopergrech wrote:He's chosen West Coast as his preferred destination
In some ways an odd choice for a bloke from Adelaide, but in some ways a smart choice. Will play finals and will get plenty of game time.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Joel Patfull & Michael Rischitelli, another two to leave the Lion's den.