Maverick Weller

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintbob
SS Life Member

Re: Maverick Weller

Yeah, I've been really impressed since he's been relieved of the tagging role every week he's actually become a very offensive player a lot like Picken from the Bulldogs.

Rosco
Club Player

I've been impressed by his pace, not super-quick but quicker than I thought he was. Is inside and outside.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

We have met him a few times and I can honestly say he is one of the best guys at the club for getting around fans and putting back. He's really genuine and looks like someone who viewed his football mortality and takes nothing for granted. My memory of him was standing at the junction oval and an old guy probably in his 90s who had watched footy in the old days there was giving the most long winded stories, Mav just listened while holding the guys arm. It was a little gesture but after most of the players had just legged it from him it was a really sweet gesture and it looked like it made this guys year. The guy started by asking who he was, Mav could have easily run off and no one would have noticed.

He always has a chat with my son when ever we get down to events and is just a gun of a guy. Footballers get s*** canned for being flogs but Mav is the opposite. It rubs off too. When Fisher was with Mav he started doing the same interaction, it was the first time Fisher has ever looked like he gives a s***. He's not the warmest guy Sam, but hanging with Mav he seemed to all of a sudden get around everyone and looked like he was actually enjoying himself.

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

Good to hear that he's turned it around off the field. The reports at the time of his delisting were that it was as much about his attitude as it was his output... From memory he had a blinder in his last game at the sun's.

Hope he can continue his trajectory, he seems to be highly versatile and can add a lot to the side in the centre or the forward line.

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
stkfc1
Club Player

gringo wrote:We have met him a few times and I can honestly say he is one of the best guys at the club for getting around fans and putting back. He's really genuine and looks like someone who viewed his football mortality and takes nothing for granted. My memory of him was standing at the junction oval and an old guy probably in his 90s who had watched footy in the old days there was giving the most long winded stories, Mav just listened while holding the guys arm. It was a little gesture but after most of the players had just legged it from him it was a really sweet gesture and it looked like it made this guys year. The guy started by asking who he was, Mav could have easily run off and no one would have noticed.

He always has a chat with my son when ever we get down to events and is just a gun of a guy. Footballers get s*** canned for being flogs but Mav is the opposite. It rubs off too. When Fisher was with Mav he started doing the same interaction, it was the first time Fisher has ever looked like he gives a s***. He's not the warmest guy Sam, but hanging with Mav he seemed to all of a sudden get around everyone and looked like he was actually enjoying himself.
Your spot on Gringo. I've run into Mav a few times (even at Woollies). Super nice guy and always happy to chat. Has become one of my favourites both on and off the field.

Rosco
Club Player

He is my 3 year old daughter's favourite player following a family day, he signed her bright orange footy. Kids have a sense for these things.

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

Internet says he got hurt at the Suns- a fibula maybe- and when he was fit, got 27 touches in the final game of the H & A season, then got delisted.

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
Vazelos
Club Player

Great post!!
One of the success stories of the year & when we recruit some more talent in the mid field he will be one of the guns in there.
Has more to his game than first thought as a tagger.

AdelaideSainter
Club Player

Has been good to watch this season, have big hopes for him. Hitting the scoreboard lately.