Perspective

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Perspective

Like everybody else, I'm in a wee bit of pain at the moment after seeing a promising first half, evaporate into a loss, particularly against Carlton. It's tough to see us surrender a four-plus goal lead to the Blues, but in the scheme of things it's a football result-period!
I saw lots of encouraging signs out there today, YES! I KNOW! you probably don't want to hear yet another one of my posts calling on everyone to get behind the club, and that we WILL come good again, after a pasting like that against one of our most detested opponents. But d'you know what folks? I'm going to post anyway!
In the aftermath of a loss, such as today's was, it is (IMHO) time to get some perspective. Nobody from the club has said that there are easy and quick solutions to our current position. I accept that and I am prepared to take whatever pain is heading my way. Ultimately, I either support this club, or I do not. I choose to SUPPORT!
I will be seventy years old this thursday, and despite, touch wood, [puts hand on head] enjoying good health and fitness, if I'm brutally honest with myself, the chances of me seeing the club I love win their second premiership flag are slim. Does that make me bitter? NO! Angry? NO! Sad? maybe a wee bit :cry: make me ready to pack up my swag and go quietly off? HELL NO! "No time for tears, wasted water's all that is, and it don't make no flowers grow"
There are MANY more Sainters who are entitled to feel bitter, angry, sad about "lost chances" Lenny Hayes for one. If Lenny can hang tough and take the knocks, then by God the old Jiggster can too! I've nailed my colours to the mast WAY back, do I regret a minute? ARE YOU CRAZY? This is St Kilda for God's sake, make sure that you are there at "the dome we call home" next sunday - the first sunday of my seventies [if God spares me] and get behind those Sainter Boys!

GO SAINTS! [to hell with the rest!]

(thanks for bringing the "paragraph" issue to my attention Remboy! :D )
Last edited by thejiggingsaint on Sun 26 Apr 2015 11:17am, edited 2 times in total.

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
SemperFidelis
SS Life Member

Re: Perspective

Good on you Jiggster. And happy 70th birthday. A frothy at the Dome we call Home is in order

Always loyal
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

CHEERS!

Thomas
Club Player

Well said Dave, I agree with you let us get behind our beloved team next Sunday, and make as much noise as we can, and I hope we can smash the cheats, I like you am 70 years old, but I still harbour hope that before I leave this planet I shall see the Saints win a flag. Will you be having an amber before the game at the Whitten Bar? if so I'll be delighted to meet you there

When the going gets tough,the tough gets going.

CARN THE SAINTS.
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Hope eternal

saintbeth
Club Player

Happy birthday 'the jigging saint' and yes it is good to be positive. However, after going to Wellington for todays game I am NOT happy. I too am a long time Saints supporter (though 10 years less than jigging saint). Thought I would treat myself today and go corporate, I usually just sit in aisle 39 at Etihad. Well I wont do that again. Ticket time printed wrong on ticket. Not enough seats for tickets sold in corporate area and at my age, a seat is nice, argy bargy between supporters due to above. Virtually no seats at post match function either and lots of older people leaving for same reason. Does not make me happy to feel this way but if club wants supporters to attend New Zealand games then maybe they need to put a little more thought into what they are providing for fans. I am not sure if any of the people I went with today will be going again. This makes me feel sad.

Saintbeth
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Hang tough!

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

We need NZ to bribe us for several years to play there.

If our club doesn't do the top dollar corporate stuff well and the big spenders don't fly across the ditch it effects the whole viability of the deal.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
saintpeter
Club Player

Well said Jigging Saint

I too have experienced a flag as a saints supporter, as a 12 year old. Happy 70th and I hope you are around for the next.

Peter

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Happy Birthday Jiggster!

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Happy birthday mate. Glad to see somebody keeping the faith.

remboy
SS Hall of Fame

Well said Jiggster. Happy 70th. Hopefully the Saints will put on a great show for you.

By the way, they've invented something called paragraphs. You might want to check them out :D

Opinions are like arseholes, everybody's got one.
Trev from the Bush
SS Life Member

Brenton Sanderson, as special comments man on Fox's telecast, was at pains to repeatedly say - The Saints are on the right track and play an exiting brand of football. But we are very inexperienced and need to couple of seasons to build bodies and endurance as well as skills.

I'd prefer to be patient rather than try Essendon's attempt to fast-track development!

Happy Birthday Jigster, great to have a glass half-full poster back contributing.

Saint supporter since '62