When the Saints go Marching in.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

When the Saints go Marching in.

A new initiative from the club. Cover versions of our song played by local artists on the big screen before the game.

Belle Roscoe are brother and sister. They have a cousin and a grandfather who played for us. Does anyone know who they are.

Slightly off topic but I think it was the video of Jack Sinclair that said his grandfather played for us. Who was he? I'm a little worried that I might remember him.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Re: When the Saints go Marching in.

Im guessing Allan Sinclair. Played 41 games up until 1979. I certainly remember him. Ok player.

8856brother
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:Im guessing Allan Sinclair. Played 41 games up until 1979. I certainly remember him. Ok player.
His grandfather wont necessarily share Jacks surname Pluggsy. You may be right though.

8856brother wrote:
plugger66 wrote:Im guessing Allan Sinclair. Played 41 games up until 1979. I certainly remember him. Ok player.
His grandfather wont necessarily share Jacks surname Pluggsy. You may be right though.

Yes I know that but I thought Jack said he played around that time and about that many games.

thefatdork
Club Player

Hi Pluggsy and Kos,
Jack Sinclair's grandfather was Bill Gleeson who played for the Saints in 55 and 56 - I think he played 15 games but not completely sure of that.
I know jack from Kew Comets and he is a great kid from a good family and is very determined and hard-working. His mum is really happy that Jack's playing with the Saints and following in her dad's footsteps.
I'm sure he'll be terrific for us.
Go Saints!
TFD

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

thefatdork wrote:Hi Pluggsy and Kos,
Jack Sinclair's grandfather was Bill Gleeson who played for the Saints in 55 and 56 - I think he played 15 games but not completely sure of that.
I know jack from Kew Comets and he is a great kid from a good family and is very determined and hard-working. His mum is really happy that Jack's playing with the Saints and following in her dad's footsteps.
I'm sure he'll be terrific for us.
Go Saints!
TFD
That's a relief. I'd hate to think I could remember someone's granddad playing for us. 1956 is well before my time.

http://afltables.com/afl/stats/players/ ... eeson.html

I wonder what his story was. Kicked 7 goals in three weeks and never seen again.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
bergholt
Saintsational Legend

kosifantutti wrote:Belle Roscoe are brother and sister. They have a cousin and a grandfather who played for us. Does anyone know who they are.
Their surname is Gurry, doesn't ring any bells for me.