PSD

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

PSD

Now Membrey is a Saint, will we still use our first pick in the PSD?

Do we even have capacity to use our first pick?

We have a coupla Adelaide boys training with us but few on here sound keen. Taylor Hunt is being picked up by Richmond apparently.

Are there any other candidates or likely types?

I can't remember too many clubs passing on pick one in the PSD. If we do, we'll get bagged for sure.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Saints94
SS Life Member

Re: PSD

Pretty sure we don't have the list space, although I wouldn't be against delisting a Simpkin or Sippos to get that pick, could be a Caleb Daniel etc..

Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

Saints94 wrote:Pretty sure we don't have the list space, although I wouldn't be against delisting a Simpkin or Sippos to get that pick, could be a Caleb Daniel etc..
I thought Schneids was delisted to be (mature) rookied if we didn't have a better option(?)
So therefore he'd be the one in the gun, not Simpkin or Sippa'(?) Is that right? :?

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen:
stinger
Saintsational Legend

Dave McNamara wrote:
Saints94 wrote:Pretty sure we don't have the list space, although I wouldn't be against delisting a Simpkin or Sippos to get that pick, could be a Caleb Daniel etc..
I thought Schneids was delisted to be (mature) rookied if we didn't have a better option(?)
So therefore he'd be the one in the gun, not Simpkin or Sippa'(?) Is that right? :?
no...he's already been delisted...his spot was taken by membrey

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

PSD stands for get rid of it.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:PSD stands for get rid of it.
Makes for a good acronym….

GROT

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

As it stands the PSD is the only avenue for a player that is out of contract but has been offered a new one by the club and doesn't qualify for free agency to move clubs and be on a senior list.
Until the rules change from the AFL then the PSD will stay.

Personally, I'd love to see a mid season draft.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Life Long Saint wrote:
As it stands the PSD is the only avenue for a player that is out of contract but has been offered a new one by the club and doesn't qualify for free agency to move clubs and be on a senior list.

If they didn't have it they would get a deal done. Probably wont go because the AFLPA wont want it to go but its a waste of time. We have first pick and probably aren't even using it. Not sure the mid season draft would work either. It didn't last time they had it.

Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:Not sure the mid season draft would work either. It didn't last time they had it.
When was that? At least 15 years ago wasn't it?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Life Long Saint wrote:
plugger66 wrote:Not sure the mid season draft would work either. It didn't last time they had it.

Probably about then but what has changed to make it work this time? How does it work with list numbers, SC and where do you get the players from?

Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

stinger wrote:
Dave McNamara wrote:
Thanks Sting. But doesn't that still mean that his being rookied (or not) depends on if we decide (or not) to rookie someone else?

I mean, currently, we don't have to delist (say) Simpkin or Sippa' if we want to rookie Schnieds...? :?

Hi Pluggs, lets see if you still hate the PSD after the 2015 trading/drafting period. :wink:

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen:
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Dave McNamara wrote:
stinger wrote:
Dave McNamara wrote:
Thanks Sting. But doesn't that still mean that his being rookied (or not) depends on if we decide (or not) to rookie someone else?

I mean, currently, we don't have to delist (say) Simpkin or Sippa' if we want to rookie Schnieds...? :?

Hi Pluggs, lets see if you still hate the PSD after the 2015 trading/drafting period. :wink:

Pluggs? Who hates the PSD? I don't hate anyone or anything. Next year will be the same as this year. No real action apart from those who live in fantasyland.

remboy
SS Hall of Fame

plugger66 wrote:
Life Long Saint wrote:

If they didn't have it they would get a deal done. Probably wont go because the AFLPA wont want it to go but its a waste of time. We have first pick and probably aren't even using it. Not sure the mid season draft would work either. It didn't last time they had it.
Didn't we get Bernie Harris via the mid season draft? Probably adds to your argument. I agree that the PSD isn't needed. If you want a player you pick them up as a delisted free agent.
Let's face it, by the tome you get to the PSD the national draft has taken the best players, then the free agents and delisted free agents are gone. Who would be left? You're hardly likely to find a future star.

Opinions are like arseholes, everybody's got one.
spot on
Club Player

I think simpkin would be pretty nervous, his had enough time. I would down grade simpkin to the rookie

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Life Long Saint wrote:

1990 from memory.....i was in the us of a at the time.....

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Dave McNamara wrote:
stinger wrote:
Dave McNamara wrote:

no...we can rookie schneids...but we would have to delist someone else to use our no pick in the psd...

mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

spot on wrote:I think simpkin would be pretty nervous, his had enough time. I would down grade simpkin to the rookie

Simpkin is still solid backup. He showed in 2012 that he can hold down a key defensive post and do a decent job. If Delaney went down and we decided Bruce is needed up forward then Simpkin would be invaluable as he would be able to play a tight negating role while Fisher/Gilbert can still play their attacking game. With an injury-free pre season he should be a better player than he was this year as well.

spot on
Club Player

I just seen tanner smith has been delisted by the dockets after 2 seasons. He is a key back that went in the second round. Dockers will pick him up as a rookie , but can we just I'm and take him in the preseason draft? He is a full back at 195 cm and is surely more upside than simpkin. We need some key defender because wants going to happen when Delaney goes down and we can't rely on fisher or Gilbert to be fit

LTN16
SS Hall of Fame

spot on wrote:I just seen tanner smith has been delisted by the dockets after 2 seasons. He is a key back that went in the second round. Dockers will pick him up as a rookie , but can we just I'm and take him in the preseason draft? He is a full back at 195 cm and is surely more upside than simpkin. We need some key defender because wants going to happen when Delaney goes down and we can't rely on fisher or Gilbert to be fit
Was just about to post the same thing myself. He was highly rated a couple of years ago. Good size and a vic boy he wouldn't be the worst pick up..

WinnersOnly
SS Life Member

spot on wrote:I just seen tanner smith has been delisted by the dockets after 2 seasons. He is a key back that went in the second round. Dockers will pick him up as a rookie , but can we just I'm and take him in the preseason draft? He is a full back at 195 cm and is surely more upside than simpkin. We need some key defender because wants going to happen when Delaney goes down and we can't rely on fisher or Gilbert to be fit
Spot on I reckon the tall defenders in this year draft (McDonald, McLaren, Neilson, Keitl or Creeper) all look better options than Smith. Having said that they will go in the National Draft rather than the rookie - I think you will find we are interested in Le Grice as a rookie!

SAINTS another day older another day closer to the Holy Grail!
LTN16
SS Hall of Fame

WinnersOnly wrote:
Spot on I reckon the tall defenders in this year draft (McDonald, McLaren, Neilson, Keitl or Creeper) all look better options than Smith. Having said that they will go in the National Draft rather than the rookie - I think you will find we are interested in Le Grice as a rookie!
Is Le Grice big enough to play on the monster forwards? He reminds me more of a Simkin type..

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Interesting that PC had Tanner coming to us in 2012

http://boundforglorynews.com/2012-afl-phantom-draft/

LTN16
SS Hall of Fame

Con Gorozidis wrote:Interesting that PC had Tanner coming to us in 2012

http://boundforglorynews.com/2012-afl-phantom-draft/
He only got pick 1 and the two father son selections correct in the top 30. Knows his stuff!!