The mysterious '8' who didn't get it done...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Saint wagga
Club Player

The mysterious '8' who didn't get it done...

I would love to know who Richo and the coaches thought were the 8 players who 'didnt get it done' today as quoted in his presser any guesses?
Here's my go...
Delaney
Ross
Montagna
Newnes
Schneider
Billings
Dunnell
Dempster

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

Re: The mysterious '8' who didn't get it done...

Maybe 8 was a random figure, i'm not sure i counted 14 players who did get it done.

Saints looking like a bottom 4 team in 2024.
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

bobmurray wrote:Maybe 8 was a random figure, i'm not sure i counted 14 players who did get it done.
hahaha

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

same excuses every bloody week. How come the message is not getting across???
Ha I just listened to last weeks press conference which probably will sound like this weeks. Anyone have a link?

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
spert
Saintsational Legend

All I saw was a TEAM who didn't get the job done, a few senior players whose hearts are clearly not in it, and a bunch of inexperienced players who are running around like headless chickens. Clearly the coach can't get this team motivated, and seems to have no clear game plan or structure..unaccountable and undisciplined. The club should blow another 500k and look elsewhere.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

spert wrote:All I saw was a TEAM who didn't get the job done, a few senior players whose hearts are clearly not in it, and a bunch of inexperienced players who are running around like headless chickens. Clearly the coach can't get this team motivated, and seems to have no clear game plan or structure..unaccountable and undisciplined. The club should blow another 500k and look elsewhere.

Yep thats makes sense. By the way did you see Clarkson's first year at the hawks?
Last edited by plugger66 on Sun 13 Jul 2014 12:12pm, edited 1 time in total.

Middo
Club Player

The Coach ain't got the cattle , fancy suggesting getting rid of him already as some have.
Just a reminder we are in a full rebuild from the very bottom and to suggest coach cant coach is plain stupid.
Be patient..

Jack Newnes happy to be a Saint !!!! PS and to hit a target !!!
stinger
Saintsational Legend

At a guess.....

Ross ,dunell, delaney, Stanley, curren, hickey, joey, and schneider

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Johnny Favier
Club Player

spert wrote:All I saw was a TEAM who didn't get the job done, a few senior players whose hearts are clearly not in it, and a bunch of inexperienced players who are running around like headless chickens. Clearly the coach can't get this team motivated, and seems to have no clear game plan or structure..unaccountable and undisciplined. The club should blow another 500k and look elsewhere.
Unbelievable... :roll:

dragit
Saintsational Legend

bobmurray wrote:Maybe 8 was a random figure, i'm not sure i counted 14 players who did get it done.
Agree, could easily be more than 8…
Even some of our best few players on the day didn't "get it done" - Montagna had 25 touches but was beaten, Riewoldt kicked 1.3… both probably in our best… but neither "got it done"

Some pretty poor showings from Ross, Stanley, Dunell, Curren, Schneider, Hickey, Delaney… the rest average.

We had 1 winner IMO in Armitage.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Lenny and savage weren't too bad either

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
saintbob
SS Life Member

Since Delaney played on Petrie for most of the day and he only kicked one goal, I'm not sure how he could be in the mysterious '8".

ace
Saintsational Legend

Forwards are paid to kick goals not behinds
3 goals 15 behinds
That is the entire forward line not getting it done.
That includes a guy called Riewoldt 1 goal, 3 behinds

The only guy that got it done was Armitage 2 goals, 0 behinds plus 29 disposals and 11 tackles, 5 marks, 3 frees for, 0 against.
Needs to improve his ruck work though, 0 hitouts.
Must have missed the message whilst out injured "from now to the end of season we lose every match" .

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
8856brother
Saintsational Legend

saintbob wrote:Since Delaney played on Petrie for most of the day and he only kicked one goal, I'm not sure how he could be in the mysterious '8".
Big fan and reckon he's been one of the few positives this year, but I thought he really struggled yesterday regardless of Petries output. Been good most of the year though.

stinger wrote:At a guess.....

Ross ,dunell, delaney, Stanley, curren, hickey, joey, and schneider
Hickey?????

I've never seen a bad St.Kilda player - that's just how they are.
spert
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

Yep thats makes sense. By the way did you see Clarkson's first year at the hawks?
Yes I did, and it was obvious even early that he was getting the team to play his particular style of play, although they were not winning much, they were reasonably competitive..and my Hawks mates said then that he stood on a lot of toes and got a few players wrong-sided and some didn't like him at all and wanted out, but the Hawks being a club that knows what it takes for success, instead got behind him and got the required results, and didn't cave in to a few precious cinderellas.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

spert wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Yes I did, and it was obvious even early that he was getting the team to play his particular style of play, although they were not winning much, they were reasonably competitive..and my Hawks mates said then that he stood on a lot of toes and got a few players wrong-sided and some didn't like him at all and wanted out, but the Hawks being a club that knows what it takes for success, instead got behind him and got the required results, and didn't cave in to a few precious cinderellas.

You must have a good memory and understand game plans well to know what another side that you dont follow was trying to do. Can you explain AR game plan or if not his can you tell me SW game plan. By the way my memory suggests many hawks people were regretting Clarksons appointment at the time. No idea about who the cinderellas at our club are but if its 90% of the players who said SW had lost the plot or the board who didnt even know of certain appointments then maybe you mean them. They just dont sound like cinderellas, just sensible people.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

8856brother wrote:
saintbob wrote:Since Delaney played on Petrie for most of the day and he only kicked one goal, I'm not sure how he could be in the mysterious '8".
Big fan and reckon he's been one of the few positives this year, but I thought he really struggled yesterday regardless of Petries output. Been good most of the year though.

I fail to see how this makes any sense at all. If Delaney beat's his man he has done well. Petrie was BOG last week against Hawthorn.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

Regarding Delaney and his effort against North, a lot of players are down when playing their old team.

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

its funny Mitch Morton last week on WA radio asked the same question about AR and how long do St Kilda keep patience with these poor results .. the question is..... is the performances we are seeing actually all that suprising ?
we have lost the vast majority of the team who played in our last grand finals series
we have a very young group still learning the game and a smattering of old guys who are well down on their bests
the players who are in a core age group have been injured all year or on the road back from injury (Geary Armo Gilbert Steven)

expectaions of our team were very low heading into the season and thats before injurys so i would say we are trending exactly as lets be honest most of us deep down thought we would be ..big losses hurt but are quickly forgoten when you bounce back
put it into perspective
- Roo's first 50 games of AFL footy saw only 17 wins
- Lennys first 50 games saw only 13 wins

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/