T ommy Lee - footy crappifieds

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

T ommy Lee - footy crappifieds

Did anyone else see this ?

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

Re: T ommy Lee - footy crappifieds

No. What happened?

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

tell us Con

chook23
Saintsational Legend

Saw bits and pieces........

basically put the acid on the kid (mentioned his age 22/23 last roll of dice...................not fit enough/does not appear to want it bad enough...work rate etc

already discarded by one club

saint4life
FQF
SS Life Member

http://www.sfnews.com.au/#!saints-discu ... assi/c1bbu

There was some controversial discussion about St Kilda on Ch 9’s Footy Classified. The first player discussed was Tom Lee. They replayed part of Richo’s post-match press conference where he said that ‘the positives didn’t outweigh the negatives’ for Lee. If he couldn’t contribute at ground level to compensate for the lack of marks or contests in the forward line then he is ‘potentially a liability.’

Garry Lyon was concerned that the opportunity for Lee to be a key forward at St Kilda for ‘eight years’ is ‘staring him in the face.’ Matthew Lloyd said that he looked at Lee’s body shape and thought that it looked like he has not put in the work off the field. Lloyd said that Lee should be watching Richo’s press conference and telling himself that this is ‘make or break’ for his AFL career.

They played some of Gerard Healy’s half time commentary from the game. Healy suggested that maybe they should have left Lee on the ground and possibly taken Nick Riewoldt off to give Lee a run as the key forward just to see how he would perform. The panel were quick to shoot down that theory.

Craig Hutchison said that we will see more pain and that we will be ‘wooden spooners this year and next.’

Then out of left field, Lyon commented that the playing list should be united and on the same page. This came out of an appearance on the TAC Future Stars Show by Tom Hickey while the St Kilda vs Geelong game was on. Lyon suggested that Hickey should have been at the game helping out Billy Longer and just being on board.

Later on the “Good Call Bad Call” segment, it was asked whether Lenny Hayes should ‘call time’ on his career similar to Darren Glass. The panel were absolutely disgusted that the question was even asked.

iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

Well, thats fair. What signs has Lee shown? I barely notice him out there or if he is playing at all!

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Good. Lee should be the scapegoat and others learn from it. Shape up get your attitude right or F off!

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:Good. Lee should be the scapegoat and others learn from it. Shape up get your attitude right or F off!
All it shows is different rules for different players...IMHO

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:Good. Lee should be the scapegoat and others learn from it. Shape up get your attitude right or F off!
Geez you've gone early with the "it's the coaches fault".

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Why be beige?

I saw Rhys Stanley put together first half performances like that for weeks...he wasn't subbed.

Where's the consistency?

Why drop Jones to then bring him in at the last over say someone like Markworth?

Why play guys like Joey if they have a niggle?

Why not stem the flow of the losses, don't see the point in getting thrashed weekly. Modern footy dictates ways & means to prevent that even without personnel.

Don't have to like everything I've seen.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:

Tell us these different players and you like Spert seem to not say it but beat around the bush that you dont think AR is a good coach. Know idea how anyone would know yet but have I got that correct.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:Why be beige?

I saw Rhys Stanley put together first half performances like that for weeks...he wasn't subbed.

Where's the consistency?

Why drop Jones to then bring him in at the last over say someone like Markworth?

Why not stem the flow of the losses, don't see the point in getting thrashed weekly. Modern footy dictates ways & means to prevent that even without personnel.

You keep looking for reasons that are in the coaches control...you are barking up the wrong tree. The coach just doesn't have that many choices and the ones you are suggesting would make little if any difference to the margins let alone possibly getting close to a win.

If in 2 or 3 years after the bloke has been in the place for a while and had a hand in some recruiting and development then maybe you might have an argument but you are not being original with your way too early call on the coach.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Yeah Sainter K modern footy does have ways and means of preventing thrashings like flooding but just ask Terry Wallace where that gets you.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Where's the consistency?

Rhys wasnt anywhere near as bad as Lee and he had a little credit because he had some reasonable games at the start of the season. Consistency in what? Jones wasnt going to play at all but Milera pulled out late and the only player who didnt play at Sandy was Jones. The other option was to make Marksworth sub with the likelyhood he doesnt play anywhere. Who says Joey has a niggle. Could be just out of form but still deserves to play. Stem the flow of losses. How the hell can we do that? Please explain. And correct you dont have to like everything you have seen but there needs to be some logic in the stuff you dont like and im unsure there is much.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

Where's the consistency?

Rhys wasnt anywhere near as bad as Lee and he had a little credit because he had some reasonable games at the start of the season. Consistency in what? Jones wasnt going to play at all but Milera pulled out late and the only player who didnt play at Sandy was Jones. The other option was to make Marksworth sub with the likelyhood he doesnt play anywhere. Who says Joey has a niggle. Could be just out of form but still deserves to play. Stem the flow of losses. How the hell can we do that? Please explain. And correct you dont have to like everything you have seen but there needs to be some logic in the stuff you dont like and im unsure there is much.

I don't get the list management either. Lee doesn't seem to get a decent run at it and there are guys that aren't getting played when the season is as good as write off. Why not just get the sore guys out and lets see where some are at. Taking lee off might have stopped us losing by 100 points instead so what. At least we would know. I get the feeling Lee isn't liked by Richo. Seems to not play guys like Roberton too. Perhaps he wants to create his own new list but it could set back the process.

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

FQF wrote:Craig Hutchison said that we will see more pain and that we will be ‘wooden spooners this year and next.’
Team should use this as motivation to prove the big dunderhead wrong.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
Saint2
Club Player

Lee was never a champion player, my mate said played some good games over in the west and Watters probably thought he would be a useful player, but did anyone expect him to be anything other than that? He wasn't the sole reason we got clobbered against Port or Cats. Some of our experienced players aren't doing much to help, and not giving much leadership to the young guys- if they are seeing the older guys getting beaten, then they get a bit lost. Why did they drop Dunnell after one game- don't ya get a couple chances? I don't reckon they know what to do next- maybe buy a couple of top players :D

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Where's the consistency?

I don't get the list management either. Lee doesn't seem to get a decent run at it and there are guys that aren't getting played when the season is as good as write off. Why not just get the sore guys out and lets see where some are at. Taking lee off might have stopped us losing by 100 points instead so what. At least we would know. I get the feeling Lee isn't liked by Richo. Seems to not play guys like Roberton too. Perhaps he wants to create his own new list but it could set back the process.

Lee was ordinary the week before and terrible last week. he nearly makes Seb Ross look like Bolt. He had to go off because he just doesnt work hard enough as shown by Bruce when he went forward. Lee wasnt getting a game earlier because his seconds form was poor. Nothing to do with the coach or should he play even when going badly. And who are these sore guys getting games. just because someone starts something on here doesnt make it true.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Sainternist wrote:
FQF wrote:Craig Hutchison said that we will see more pain and that we will be ‘wooden spooners this year and next.’
Team should use this as motivation to prove the big dunderhead wrong.

i know lots of words that i could use to describe that fat useless bag of sheep droppings........dunderhead wasn't one of them...but good all the same..... :wink: :wink: :wink:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
gringo
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Lee was ordinary the week before and terrible last week. he nearly makes Seb Ross look like Bolt. He had to go off because he just doesnt work hard enough as shown by Bruce when he went forward. Lee wasnt getting a game earlier because his seconds form was poor. Nothing to do with the coach or should he play even when going badly. And who are these sore guys getting games. just because someone starts something on here doesnt make it true.
Just as you have no more knowledge of why he wasn't getting a game. I would go as far to say Richo has no more evidence of being a good coach than Watters. Last year Watters had a below par Dal and no full back coupled with Lenny missing a lot of footy. He still did okay. Richo started well has a few injuries and now has us looking the worst we have in 20+ years.

I don't think we should change coaches we need to back him in but I see some things I don't particularly like about his game plan either. I think besides the Lee issue who he seems to not rate, there are some players that should be played to see if they are up to it before we delist them. We aren't going to be any worse.

elvis lives
Club Player

I didn't see any of the game but F me, if I had to prove myself as an AFL footballer, key position fwd, coming off as injury interrupted pre-season, I would rather be playing just about anywhere in the league than the Saints forward line at the moment. Of the very few fwd entries we have, 80% go to Reiwoldt and even he is struggling to get a touch most of the time. Good luck with that Tommy, Rhys, Aaron or whoever else they put down there.

J Brown at the same age would probably struggle to get a touch. They are on an absolute hiding to nothing.

None of them are or ever will be champions but the chances of them proving themselves to be GOPs in this team at the moment, with the kind of delivery they are getting at the moment, (frequency and effectiveness) is somewhere between buckley's and sweet FA - no matter how committed to the cause they are.

I am marching in the Saints army
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Just as you have no more knowledge of why he wasn't getting a game. I would go as far to say Richo has no more evidence of being a good coach than Watters. Last year Watters had a below par Dal and no full back coupled with Lenny missing a lot of footy. He still did okay. Richo started well has a few injuries and now has us looking the worst we have in 20+ years.

I don't think we should change coaches we need to back him in but I see some things I don't particularly like about his game plan either. I think besides the Lee issue who he seems to not rate, there are some players that should be played to see if they are up to it before we delist them. We aren't going to be any worse.

No I have no evidence why he wasnt getting a game but watching how the AFL/VFL has worked for 40 years they usually like you to play well in the poorer competition. Probably could have watched footy for a year to know that. Common sense. You are right there is no proof AR is a better coach than SW. There is also no proof he wont be better than RL.
If we are going to talk about last year he had Dal, Milne and even Kosi, who is better than Lee, Blake, Ben, an unjured geary and jack in much better form. last years side would be a 10 goal a game better side IMO. Lets be totally honest here you are hoping Lee will make it because you were the first to mention him and like all of us with bias we only see the good. How you could justify Lee's form at the moment in beyond me. I reckon it actually took a bit of balls to take a player off before half time. I want Lee to make it because he is a Saints player but i can see many faults at the moment. Hopefully he can fix some of them.

Kernal75
Club Player

Cue the discussion about which KPP we should draft next year and the expectation that he will make us infinitely better straight away!

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Kernal75 wrote:Cue the discussion about which KPP we should draft next year and the expectation that he will make us infinitely better straight away!

Anyone who thinks that just doesnt understand footy but if you are trying to compare a 23 year old at his second AFL club and an 18 year old kid they are miles apart. I really worry about big KPP now anyway. The game doesnt seem to suit them unless they are real stars and even then 37 goals is leading the Coleman medal. Thats only 3 a gae. Luke Bruest is nearly averages that and he is small. I reckon its a bif decision these days to take a KPP as pick one. They wouldnt want to just be stay at home talls.

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

I would not be surprised if we try and trade him to Freo at the end of the year. Just gut feel.