Who is firing?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Andreous
Club Player

Who is firing?

As a saints support way down in the south of the Apple Isle, I am keen to hear how the lads are going?

Who is up and firing?
Who has build up the body?
Who is looking quick?
Is Mav Weller still firing or has he slowed down now he is on a list?
Is Markworth looking a chance?
Who do you think will be the early surprise inclusion for the preseason games?

GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend
Location: Kicked out of the Coffee Shop, Settlement Pub, Cranbourne

Re: Who is firing?

Who is up and firing?
Tony Abbott.

Just ask the employees of GMH and SPC.

Australia...... Live it like we stole it....... Because we did.
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

GrumpyOne wrote:
Who is up and firing?
Tony Abbott.

Didn't realise the workers at GMH and SPC were employed by the Australian Government :shock:

james rose
Club Player

Dr Spaceman wrote:
GrumpyOne wrote:
Who is up and firing?
Tony Abbott.

Didn't realise the workers at GMH and SPC were employed by the Australian Government :shock:

GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend
Location: Kicked out of the Coffee Shop, Settlement Pub, Cranbourne

Dr Spaceman wrote:
GrumpyOne wrote:
Who is up and firing?
Tony Abbott.

Probably why some of them still have jobs.

Australia...... Live it like we stole it....... Because we did.
bergsone
SS Life Member

Any one want to get back on topic,like to know how S.White is going also

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Andreous wrote:As a saints support way down in the south of the Apple Isle, I am keen to hear how the lads are going?

Who is up and firing?
Who has build up the body?
Who is looking quick?
Is Mav Weller still firing or has he slowed down now he is on a list?
Is Markworth looking a chance?
Who do you think will be the early surprise inclusion for the preseason games?
Sorry the thread got a bit off course there Andreous.

I have no idea myself as I don't get along to training and I only know what I read in the media on the club’s website and on forums such as this one. Hopefully some of the more informed posters on here may care to add their views on the questions you've posed.

In any event I’m sure we’ll all find out a bit more after this Saturday’s intra club match when some reports are posted :)

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Same as the doctor, I am only going off reports but from these I have heard good things about:

Gwilt, Delaney, Curren, Longer, Savage & Newnes

Gilbert is now unfortunately out for a while with a stress fracture in his foot.

jays
Club Player

cheers guys

Andreous
Club Player

Cheers.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

bergsone wrote:Any one want to get back on topic,like to know how S.White is going also

Adam Kingsley suggested that when he plays in round 3 he will be playing on Darren Glass. Not sure if it's saying he is def playing or as a hypothetical. Said he needs to get consistency and big guys take time. Did say he was talented though.

tony74
SS Hall of Fame

In my humble opinion they are all firing at the moment ( as is every player at every club!) however the following have been noticed for all the right reasons. Wright, Hickey, Billings, Siposs, Longer, Fisher.
But one things for sure they're all bloody fit. Come down and watch them on Sat. 10am. You'll be impressed,

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

tony74 wrote:In my humble opinion they are all firing at the moment ( as is every player at every club!) however the following have been noticed for all the right reasons. Wright, Hickey, Billings, Siposs, Longer, Fisher.
But one things for sure they're all bloody fit. Come down and watch them on Sat. 10am. You'll be impressed,
As a relevant discussion point - how does their fitness compare to the same time last season?

I'm pretty sure I saw Mav Weller at the BBL last night. He's a monster unit but very low body fat.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Megamaguire
Club Player

GrumpyOne wrote:
Who is up and firing?
Tony Abbott.

I wouldn't say all the neurons are firing in Tony's case. I believe he has sustained significant brain damage from concussions sustained from his boxing days. There is an interview from last year that show's Tony experiencing repeated 'senoir moments' - unable to answer questions. Plenty of head nodding but the words were not presenting themselves. I still can't understand why the liberal power-brokers didn't think Turnbull was good enough for them. Turnbull losing by 1 vote to the inevitably divisive Abbott reminded me of G. Bush jnr beating A.Gore by 1 controversial vote to win the top job in the U.S. Tony Abbott is Australia's George Bush.

Anyway I heard Jimmy Gwilt was firing so the swinging voters may start turning up in numbers @ St.Kilda games this year to see what he has instead.

GO SAINTS! :D

The boy can play and we can build a defence around him that will have respect.
HitTheBoundary
SS Hall of Fame

tony74 wrote:In my humble opinion they are all firing at the moment ( as is every player at every club!) however the following have been noticed for all the right reasons. Wright, Hickey, Billings, Siposs, Longer, Fisher.
I'm pleasantly surprised that you've listed Billings in that group (considering it's his first pre-season), is there any particular aspect of his training that's made him stand out?

tony74
SS Hall of Fame

HitTheBoundary wrote:
I'm pleasantly surprised that you've listed Billings in that group (considering it's his first pre-season), is there any particular aspect of his training that's made him stand out?
Never, ever fumbles. Never.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

tony74 wrote:
HitTheBoundary wrote:
Is he pretty much a direct Dal replacement?

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Zed
SS Hall of Fame

Who is firing ? Good question.

More importantly, who are we hiring ?

Life is never more fun than when you're the underdog competing against the giants.
HitTheBoundary
SS Hall of Fame

tony74 wrote:
HitTheBoundary wrote:
Thanks.

PADDLEPOP1001
Club Player

Interesting that Sippos is on there as he was coming from a fair way back after his op and a couple of pics showed him carrying would be a huge bonus if he clicks and builds a tank!

PADDLEPOP1000
PADDLEPOP1001
Club Player

Gotta say I luv the look of Wright and just think that Longer could be a steal!

PADDLEPOP1000
Megamaguire
Club Player

G O O D L U C K S I P O S S

Great to hear Wright looking good after his interupted first season and Bilbe hitting the ground running so to speak. It also sounds like Longer & Hickey are thriving right now - saw the vid of Jolly interviewed @ Seaford and he seemed pretty happy with his career move to the red black and white. It's early days but everything just might be looking rosy in our ruck dept.

Also really great to hear Siposs is responding well post op and is getting fitter by the day. A lot of us would realy appreciate a turn around in his fortunes playing the AR way.

GO SAINTS!

The boy can play and we can build a defence around him that will have respect.
saint6709
Club Player

Hey Tony - just wondering what had happened to Siposs - is he somehow injured ??

QuestionOfAccuracy
Club Player

Purely going off the NAB Challenge games, I reckon these guys are "firing": Hickey, Dunstan, Wright, Webster, Clint Jones.