Players running club...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Players running club...

Is being painted by quite a few.

Fair?

Interesting discussion anyhow.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Re: Players running club...

Who knows.

Its all speculation.

All I know is that the jungle drums were beating hard but people try to take aim without knowning anything.

Selhurst Saint
Club Player

That's "My St.Kilda".........

"...If there has been one recurring theme through this whole shocking mess, it has been the misguided, inflated egos and their ill-judged determination to cling to long-standing old boy friendships. The bad advice that has guided the selfish and culpable James Hird has not only punctuated this saga but symbolised it..."
dragit
Saintsational Legend

Nettlefold wanted Watters sacked...

We have just had a full review...

Watters & Pelchen were not even speaking.

A brand new president has signed off on this sacking, so I can't see how the players are running the club...

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:Is being painted by quite a few.

Fair?

literally the coach is Harvey is appointed coach.

dwarfgate
sooking over the b & f speech
holiday gate

seems the less bright players are indeed running the joint.

kalsaint
Club Player

dragit wrote:Nettlefold wanted Watters sacked...

A brand new president has signed off on this sacking, so I can't see how the players are running the club...
Brand new president has been around for about a month. This decision was warranted 6 months ago if rumours of Pechen and Watters warring are true.

Problem has been Leadership. If Nettlefold wanted change why didn't he do something about it? Neglect in duty.

Welcome new President. We need you.

Midfield clearances and clear winners are needed to make an effective forward line.

You need to protect the ball handler to increase posession efficiency
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

kalsaint wrote:
dragit wrote:Nettlefold wanted Watters sacked...

Brand new president has been around for about a month. This decision was warranted 6 months ago if rumours of Pechen and Watters warring are true.

Problem has been Leadership. If Nettlefold wanted change why didn't he do something about it? Neglect in duty.

Welcome new President. We need you.
But why wasn't Casper knifed?

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Watters dismissed the clubs recent "success" as a collective, they didn't like hearing it.

Makes you wonder with the Roo/joey persistent links to other clubs...they wouldn't of, would they?

Him or us stuff?

Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

Did you hear Fine's story about Saad?

If it's true, then it seems that this isn't simply a case of the players being huffy with him. It does sound like a scenario where due to his own doing, he was making his own position untenable.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Johnny Member wrote:Did you hear Fine's story about Saad?

If it's true, then it seems that this isn't simply a case of the players being huffy with him. It does sound like a scenario where due to his own doing, he was making his own position untenable.
No

Can you enlighten me?

Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

Saad had been dropped to the 2s. He played for Sandy, had 7 touches and did his quad. He was placed on the 'No Training' list. Then later that week he was busted by ASADA.

They selected a squad of 25 players to go to Brisbane, and of course due to his form, injury and the ASADA thing Saad wasn't included.

The CEO announced publicly that Saad wouldn't play.

But when the CEO took the Thursday and Friday off, Watters included him! None of the players knew, nor did his assistants and clearly the CEO and club didn't!

The players were feral on it.

Fine described it as not an isolated type of thing, but the other stories he wouldn't repeat.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

I thought he was given a goodbye game, cause his career was likely over....
Last edited by SainterK on Fri 01 Nov 2013 3:09pm, edited 1 time in total.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Rita Panahi ran with it so it must be completely legit.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

I got a text off a player today suggesting strange timing. That doesnt sound like he is running the club. Doesnt mean others arent running it but i have my doubts.

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

And we ALL know how fair and reasonable that lady is!

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:Rita Panahi ran with it so it must be completely legit.
Who?

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Trouble is that the comment "players running the club" can mean many things. Usually it's regarded as a bad thing; as the tail wagging the dog etc. Of players refusing to accept discipline.

However what if someone in power at the club has lost the plot or has become overwhelmed by power and is either ruining the club or at least making life unbearable for those under him? If the players act then that falls under that "players running the club" heading. But in those circumstances it wouldn't be a bad thing.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Johnny Member wrote:Saad had been dropped to the 2s. He played for Sandy, had 7 touches and did his quad. He was placed on the 'No Training' list. Then later that week he was busted by ASADA.

They selected a squad of 25 players to go to Brisbane, and of course due to his form, injury and the ASADA thing Saad wasn't included.

But when the CEO took the Thursday and Friday off, Watters included him! None of the players knew, nor did his assistants and clearly the CEO and club didn't!

Fine described it as not an isolated type of thing, but the other stories he wouldn't repeat.
Pretty accurate synopsis of what Fine said at about 2pm today.
I must say I was gobsmacked listening to it.
If it's true (and I have no way of stating if it is/isn't) then that is a very bad indictment of Watters and his relationships with players, coaches and officials.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:Is being painted by quite a few.

Fair?

Unfair.

No Pelchen is. That is why Watters is gone and not any coup from the players.

Watters was not up to it. The players dealt with him and so knew this. But Pelchen is the one calling the shots.

Good Call, Fair Call, Needed Call.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

plugger66 wrote:I got a text off a player today suggesting strange timing. That doesnt sound like he is running the club. Doesnt mean others arent running it but i have my doubts.
i am not at all surprised this occured AFTER 2014 membership renewals were deducted

Seeya
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

sunsaint wrote:
plugger66 wrote:I got a text off a player today suggesting strange timing. That doesnt sound like he is running the club. Doesnt mean others arent running it but i have my doubts.
i am not at all surprised this occured AFTER 2014 membership renewals were deducted

Im not surprised that it occured after the trade period but the player who sent it to me was surprised it occured at all.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Johnny Member wrote:Saad had been dropped to the 2s. He played for Sandy, had 7 touches and did his quad. He was placed on the 'No Training' list. Then later that week he was busted by ASADA.

wtf was the ceo doing taking two days off mid week during the footy season??? :roll:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
clarky449
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:

wtf was the ceo doing taking two days off mid week during the footy season??? :roll:
Uh well people have lifes outside football, we don't know what those leave days were taken for and its none of our business..

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:

I hope you are joking. Seriously I cant believe what I read sometimes.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

clarky449 wrote:
stinger wrote:

Uh well people have lifes outside football, we don't know what those leave days were taken for and its none of our business..
not the done thing imhfo..irresponsible ..plenty of time to take leave at other times of the year

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.