Collingwood cheated to win 2010 flag

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

hungry for a premiership
Club Player

Collingwood cheated to win 2010 flag

I have zero evidence to support my claim, and no doubt all and sundry will consider me a crackpot with a chip on my shoulder, but I ask you this: if I had posted on here exactly one year ago after brendon goddard went to essendon that next season essendon will be stripped of all premiership points and james hird would be sacked for drug cheating, what kind of response would I have gotten?

I'm not saying that collingwood will be exposed and stripped of the flag - no doubt that every last scrap of evidence was destroyed years ago - but I know with as much certainty as it is possible to know a thing without knowing it scientifically that its true.

It came to me clearly and suddenly this morning, as I read the sports section of the Age, with all the trades and draft pick order and whatnot. I read about how collingwood recieved a first round compensation pick for "daisy," but st.kilda only recieved a 2nd round compensation pick for Nick Dal Santo. How on earth can that be right? What is the criteria for determining the value of a compensation pick of an exiting free agent? If there is one, its flawed, because there is absolutely no way in hell that daisy is worth more than Nick Dal Santo, but in any case there probably is no criteria at all, its all just decided at the whim of the AFL executive, and so therefore collingwood and that asslicker Mcguire are done massive favours and get to pick all the good kids at the draft even though others should get picks before them.

The more I thought about it all day, the more it rang true, as I remembered that not once, but on three seperate occassions, there has been some rumour and inuendo in the media that collingwood players used performance enhancing drugs (PED's) throughout the 2010 season. The first time was in the week leading upto and the weeks proceeding the 2010 GF, and came solely from supporters, mostly stkilda supporters, so, even though it rang true to me at the time, I still nevertheless put this accusation down to an inability on peoples part to digest the fact that we had lost a GF to collingwood.

Then, in mid-2011, there were but the faintest whisperings in tiny little corners of the football media that collingwood players either were or had been cheating via PED's. Immediately, within no time, the whisperings had vanished and there was nothing more said. And then we had the bombshell during the essendon fiasco, when a high-ranking essendon official, under solemn oath, said that essendon took the cue for their PED program from the leaders in this area: collingwood. This time it was the mainstream media who circled around collingwood like vultures eager to pick at another carcass, but yet again, after a few days or weeks, the rumours surrounding collingwoods PED program seemed to magically vanish into thin air. I ask you this: Is it really such a coincidence that we have on the one hand a set of rumours that slander collingwoods brand that magically never take root in the media, and on the other hand we have Eddie McGuire, president of the collingwood football club and one of the most powerful media men in the country? I think not.

Eddie McGuire - he's my sticking point right there. The rumour and speculation I've stated above don't wholly convince me that collingwood cheated, but the more I think about McGuire, the more convinced I become that its true. Eddie McGuire, a man who publicly stated when he came into the presidency at Collingwood, and who we have all since come to know, was determined to do absolutely everything in his power to land a flag for his beloved collingwood during his time as president. Does anyone really think, after ten years without a flag, with all his power, that he wasn't prepared to systematically cheat in order to do so? Even after what we saw at essendon? I reckon after they won the flag Eddie put a stop to all the cheating - lest someone come along and discover the illegitimacy of their 2010 premiership - and since then they've been legitimate.

And so now history goes on, this post is mostly ignored or laughed at, and the fact that it isnt fair, or that I just so happen to be right, is ignored and forgotten.

"Too big, too strong, too whatever."
WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

Re: Collingwood cheated to win 2010 flag

There were rumours of elevated testosterone among some filth, but the readings were supposedly below the "suspicious" threshold.
History shows that our lads came second, so whatever the filth may have done, they got silverware.
Our boys got a nice medal for effort.
Same as in life in general, if you have a good lawyer and accountant, you can almost get away with anything. It's not fair, but life's not fair.
Last edited by WellardSaint on Wed 23 Oct 2013 3:59am, edited 1 time in total.

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Having zero evidence is going to make it difficult for your story to grow legs, maybe send an email to Mark Fine.

patientladysaint
Club Player

We were cheated of the 2010 flag for sure!

Waiting somewhat patiently. When it comes, another St Kilda Premiership will be all the sweeter for the wait. GO SAINTS ! ! !
I Love Peter Kiel
Club Player

Human Growth Hormone.

In honour of those who went before, in the dark and desperate years.
maverick
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:Having zero evidence is going to make it difficult for your story to grow legs, maybe send an email to Mark Fine.
Made me laugh

stinger
Saintsational Legend

WellardSaint wrote:There were rumours of elevated testosterone among some filth, but the readings were supposedly below the "suspicious" threshold.

more than just "rumours".....the 11 or 12 filth players actually tested , all had high testosterone levels...but all within the accepted level of what is considered"normal"....but surprising seeing that they had just played a hard game of football.....

...make of that what you will.....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
starsign
Club Player

Got no doubts Zig and Zag at AFL swept it quickly under the carpet after the GF, just like the whispers in the sky affair
Both would have been enormous fiascos for the AFL and they reacted quickly to smother the flames

Junction Oval
SS Life Member

I can only comment on the "surprising" difference that I saw in the fitness levels between both teams on GF2 day...... we can only surmise !!!

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Was inside of the "legal" range but was considered very suspicious that so many were all elevated. This probably proves they were supplemented just they didn't get caught with the smoking gun. They are not allowed to inject their players but they also need to catch them. It shows they were probably illegally doing it just that they didn't get caught.

The AFL chose to ignore it and even hide it and now we have the Essendon situation. A swift response would have seen other clubs too scared to go down that path. Anderson and co allowed it and let the cracks open up. They are partially responsible for the Essendon situation. I think that is some of the ammo Hird was threatening the AFL with. he could have publicised what he had heard and really embarrassed them.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Junction Oval wrote:I can only comment on the "surprising" difference that I saw in the fitness levels between both teams on GF2 day...... we can only surmise !!!
yep...you could see that right from the first bounce......we were never going to win..never...

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
gringo
Saintsational Legend

What's funny is no one in the world of footy journalism is brave enough to do a story on this but they will keep speculating on silly innuendo about a coach and his bitch fights with his board.

One is a serious article the other is the equivalent to a trash story on Julia Gillard's clothing instead of the policy announcement. Journalism is now a game for societies least intelligent people happy to dig in rubbish bins to find petty tit bits about sexual infidelity and the latest hair styles. Go Caro, go clamp your jaws on this and leave little Scotty alone.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

those drug cheating collingwood f**** doped for sure
f****** assholes

nice guys finish last

8856brother
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
Junction Oval wrote:I can only comment on the "surprising" difference that I saw in the fitness levels between both teams on GF2 day...... we can only surmise !!!
yep...you could see that right from the first bounce......we were never going to win..never...
They looked bigger, stronger and definitely hairier than us that day.

Club Player

8856brother wrote:
stinger wrote:
They looked bigger, stronger and definitely hairier than us that day.
So frustrating when we were within a hair's breadth.....

GoSaintersGo
Club Player

The first inkling of the Collingwood HGH story came out on the, surprise surprise, "Bomberblitz" website I think just after the GF replay. Some posters here will have better memories than I have and can possibly elaborate.

ace
Saintsational Legend

They are Collingwood.

What more proof do you need to convict them of cheating.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.
gringo
Saintsational Legend

GoSaintersGo wrote:The first inkling of the Collingwood HGH story came out on the, surprise surprise, "Bomberblitz" website I think just after the GF replay. Some posters here will have better memories than I have and can possibly elaborate.

I was in the papers but they have taken away all the links to the stories on the internet. Someone must have sent cease and desist letters out. I wonder who?

StevieSaint
Club Player

Shane Charter AKA Dr Agless' Job is to keep athletes within the legal limits or taper them on/off the gear to pass the drug tests. There are plenty of people who have jobs like that in Olympic Sports.

Not saying that Collingwood cheated for sure...just that it is bloody possible. Look at the 100m sprinters for example...In fact, how are athletes that look like 100m sprinters AKA Harry "I've trimmed down since 2010" O'Brien able to run half marathons every week without losing size?

Anyway. Who knows?

GO SAINTS GO
oldie60
Club Player

Did'nt Swanny get rested for a few weeks and sent to Colarado?That was convenient to leave the country for a rest.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

They cheated. now i feel much worse.

elizabethr
Club Player

The fact that we went in with several injured players was a conributing factor! Lyon could have used his imagination and played any or all of Steven, Gears or Armo who were all named as Emergencies.

nothing to say
elizabethr
Club Player

One Trick Pony

nothing to say
Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

gringo wrote:Was inside of the "legal" range but was considered very suspicious that so many were all elevated. This probably proves they were supplemented just they didn't get caught with the smoking gun. They are not allowed to inject their players but they also need to catch them. It shows they were probably illegally doing it just that they didn't get caught..
As pointed out in this thread, one only had to look at their miraculous recovery for GF2. At the end of GF1 we were finishing right over the top of 'em. I remember Maxwell conceding that if extra time had been played that we would have almost certainly won.

From memory the post GF testing saw seven outta' the 22 skunks score high HGH levels. All of the seven were just within allowable levels, so no action was possible. (Hmmmm... fancy that.) To have seven outta' 22 individuals having such raised levels is way above the expected average in any population...

The testers knew something about the skunks smelt, but couldn't nail 'em.

That is why since then, we've had complaints from the likes of Swan and Pendles about knocks on their door at 6-00am, and requests for a 'sample'. The Skunks have been targeted since then.

So I have no doubt they were up to something. One day, someone on their deathbed may have remorse and set the record straight.

Or, as Gringo pointed out, maybe one day much sooner, someone will decide that they aren't going down alone... as yet that's an unchartered course and nothing definitive has been hird...

as yet... :twisted:

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen:
elizabethr
Club Player

It is said that Winners get to write the history...asj John Howard.

nothing to say