Saints in disarray

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

8856brother
Saintsational Legend

Saints in disarray

Players want out.
Infighting.
Finances are worse than the AFL believed they were.
AFL concerned.
Watch this space over the next week or so.

According to channel 7 GF pre game show anyway.

Seems to be plenty of this talk around at the moment.

What is going on?? Are we the next basket case?

SS Life Member

Re: Saints in disarray

It's not a good look. Stories from several media people, indicates to me that there must be several "sources," so, where there's lots of smoke, inevitably, a fire will erupt.

It's time for strong leadership from "the top." Perhaps that's what we are beginning to see, with Nettlefold leaving. The Saints inevitably jump from one Club crisis to another, year after year. Strong leadership and stability from the top is needed - re. Geelong, the Pies.

spert
Saintsational Legend

Lots of typical media talk about a struggling club, but with the CEO walking, it sounds to me like the board probably want a better performance from a business aspect, and if there is supposed angst amongst players and coach etc., then it's up to the president and board to get in early and sort the problem and make a statement. If Watters has the confidence of the players then extend his contract, otherwise get another coach and get rid of the unhappy players. We don't want the tail wagging the dog like it was when Alves was coach.

Bluthy
Saintsational Legend

I still think some disgruntled ex Saints people are spreading some half-truths. The media is so voracious for material it will grab at anything pretty much and run with it to fille space. But there is a bit of smoke around for sure. Pelchen and Watters really shaking things up? We know our finances are not great thanks to Etihad. Something has to be done about that.

realdeal
Club Player

St.kilda president Peter Summers to be on SEN in the next few minutes.. 11.50am

Zed
SS Hall of Fame

Does everybody remember the last time the Saints were going to implode, go broke, have player walkout etc ??. It was late 2000. Four years later we were 1 kick away from a grand final.

Yes we are going to have a lean couple of years on field and because of that it will also translate financially off field as well. But our fortunes will rise again, and it looks to me that we are getting our salary cap and off field finances re-structured so that we are in reasonable shape to top up the list when we are challenging.

Now that the Dees look like they have their act together the media is looking for a club to label the next basket case. Its all a media blow up and I'm not going to get sucked in by the horse crap panic merchants that i expect will come our way over the next month.

Life is never more fun than when you're the underdog competing against the giants.
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Nothing's happened that to me is not expected...

Noses out of joint, people moving on, whisperings, egos, new voices

It's called transition.

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

I'm with SainterK! GO SAINTS!

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

8856brother wrote:Players want out.
Infighting.
Finances are worse than the AFL believed they were.
AFL concerned.
Watch this space over the next week or so.

According to channel 7 GF pre game show anyway.

Seems to be plenty of this talk around at the moment.

What is going on?? Are we the next basket case?
According to Mark Robinsion His paper didn't peruse it because it was garbage re Finances.

New president just said CEO was absolutely not pushed.

Which players want out?

sounds like ch7 has Mark Fines source spreading rumours

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Buckets
SS Life Member

BrianSpeaking on the Saints Big Footy posted this morning that the pervibial was hitting the fan. He's normally close to the mark....

Thats Mr. Smartarse to you
jimmy_slats
Club Player

point of the matter is if there was any truth to it all the media would of been all over F head Finlys look at me rant... Im glad feathers are getting ruffled fact of the matter is for once in a very long time hard decisions are being made and it is the only way forward!!

'WALK THIS WAY!!!!!'
tony74
SS Hall of Fame

Finances aren't great, but that's no surprise. Players are happy. The ones that are on the trade bait aren't over the moon but that's footy. Chill pill everyone. We're ok.

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Mark Fine is a gossip mongering twerp who is damaging our club!

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

thejiggingsaint wrote:Mark Fine is a gossip mongering twerp who is damaging our club!
We'll he is in great company with Brian Taylor then.

Just think if theHun won't run a story on our finances because the rumours are tosh, why would you believe a muppet like Taylor.

gee Wiss, Wow wee the Saints are in strife

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Our financials are probably aren't flash, membership well down, recent move to new facilities, lack of corporate dollars.

Someone needs to come on board who can channel the unrealised potential that is the Saints supporting public.

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

The worst thing we can do is to panic, (after all "disarray" is pretty much par for the course at the Saints, is it not?) and to buy into a media only too happy to maintain that "disarray" Taylor "normally close to the mark"? I'll agree to disagree on that one. What is needed at the club from ALL of us during this period of transition, are; cool heads and strong nerve. GO SAINTS! (to hell with the rest!)

Moorabbin Man
Club Player

SainterK wrote:Our financials are probably aren't flash, membership well down, recent move to new facilities, lack of corporate dollars.

Someone needs to come on board who can channel the unrealised potential that is the Saints supporting public.
Spot On. We could possibly do so by utilising high profile supporters such as Warne & Bana in some role.

fingers
Saintsational Legend

If BT says it then expect the opposite.

Munga
Saintsational Legend

Oh whatever. History shows we can handle anything.

Gehrig emerged from scans yesterday saying he was "as sweet as a bun"
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

+1 (x a lazy mil!)

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

BT

is

a

JOKE

wowwee...

BT

lol.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Moorabbin Man wrote:
SainterK wrote:Our financials are probably aren't flash, membership well down, recent move to new facilities, lack of corporate dollars.

Spot On. We could possibly do so by utilising high profile supporters such as Warne & Bana in some role.

What makes you say we have great support? I don't have any numbers but history would suggest we don't have a lot of public support compared to other clubs....

andrewg
Club Player

The only player that seems to want out is A 31 year old Sam Fisher, great player but yesterday's hero.
Storm in a teacup......lest bask in the Freo loss and watch the new talent walk into Seaford in 2014.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Spinner wrote:
Moorabbin Man wrote:

What makes you say we have great support? I don't have any numbers but history would suggest we don't have a lot of public support compared to other clubs....
They are out there, no doubt

We're you there the final game?

Dead rubber game and the passion was overflowing.

resaintlee
Club Player

andrewg wrote:The only player that seems to want out is A 31 year old Sam Fisher, great player but yesterday's hero.
Storm in a teacup......lest bask in the Freo loss and watch the new talent walk into Seaford in 2014.
Could the Fisher thing be related to the concerns that were quickly quietened last preseason?