PLATINUM Members Event !!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

PLATINUM Members Event !!

I scored an invite to the "Platinum Members Event" in the post today. It's at LHC on Monday 19 August. Speakers will include Michael Nettlefold & Chris Pelchen. I'll be going along with an open mind (I don't think I'll get too involved in the Q&A).

Anyone else get an invitation and intending to go? !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Re: PLATINUM Members Event !!

Eastern wrote:I scored an invite to the "Platinum Members Event" in the post today. It's at LHC on Monday 19 August. Speakers will include Michael Nettlefold & Chris Pelchen. I'll be going along with an open mind (I don't think I'll get too involved in the Q&A).

Haven't checked my mail yet but on the 19 August I'll still be in Sydney celebrating our memorable win over the reigning premiers at the SCG 24 hours earlier :P 8-)

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

I got one a few days ago. have no idea why as I havent been a member for 6 years. Not going. seaford is to far away and the coffee is no good down there.

ozrulestrace
SS Hall of Fame

Sorry Plugger66 did I just read your comment that you haven't been a member for 6 years?

A Platinum member or any kind of member of the St Kilda Football Club?

Please explain......

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

ozrulestrace wrote:Sorry Plugger66 did I just read your comment that you haven't been a member for 6 years?

A Platinum member or any kind of member of the St Kilda Football Club?

Please explain......

I cant afford to be a member. $190 is a lot of money for me. I am really thinking of joining next year though.

ozrulestrace
SS Hall of Fame

So fellow Sainters we've endured 34478 of comments from this person and he's NOT EVEN A PAID UP MEMBER !!!!!!!!!!!!

God give me strength.

As I say to a fellow employee who wants to talk Essendon (ok not so much more) and the response was "until you a fully paid up member of EFC don't even talk o me"

Ditto to you P66!

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

ozrulestrace wrote:So fellow Sainters we've endured 34478 of comments from this person and he's NOT EVEN A PAID UP MEMBER !!!!!!!!!!!!

God give me strength.

As I say to a fellow employee who wants to talk Essendon (ok not so much more) and the response was "until you a fully paid up member of EFC don't even talk o me"

Ditto to you P66!

I said i will try and join next year. i had to give it up 6 years ago because of all the take away food i eat and I just couldnt afford the membership especially on top of my MCC membership and my slab of beer i buy weekly. I am certaintly going to buy the most basic membership next year. the one where you dont get into games but give them a donation. I think its about $50 a year which is a dollar a week. I will give up one can of coke a week and should be able to afford it.

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

ozrulestrace wrote:So fellow Sainters we've endured 34478 of comments from this person and he's NOT EVEN A PAID UP MEMBER !!!!!!!!!!!!

God give me strength.

Ditto to you P66!
I think it's called baiting. It would be funny if it was funny.

Back on topic:
What is a platinum member?

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:I scored an invite to the "Platinum Members Event" in the post today. It's at LHC on Monday 19 August. Speakers will include Michael Nettlefold & Chris Pelchen. I'll be going along with an open mind (I don't think I'll get too involved in the Q&A).

Yeah I got one... Seaford is actually a far trek for me on a Monday night. One of the drawbacks of living 10 minutes from the CBD....

I cant even remember what a platinum member is.

Maybe catch you there Eastern..

Animal Enclosure
SS Hall of Fame

I'm in... great initiative by the club... can't wait!

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Well Eastern old chap enjoy yourself mate, best regards from your "poor relative" a mere "gold member" YEEAAAAHH BABY!!!!!!

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

kosifantutti wrote:

God give me strength.

Ditto to you P66!
I think it's called baiting. It would be funny if it was funny.

Back on topic:
What is a platinum member?

more years than Gold--- I'm still working on it....

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
thefatdork
Club Player

I'm going - but it is quite a way for me too.
Also starts pretty early at 5.30 which will make it difficult for many to attend.
Am interested to hear what Nettlefold and Pelchen have got to say though.
See some of you there.
TFD

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

thefatdork wrote:I'm going - but it is quite a way for me too.
Also starts pretty early at 5.30 which will make it difficult for many to attend.
Am interested to hear what Nettlefold and Pelchen have got to say though.
See some of you there.
TFD

You should be the easiest to spot. Luckily it isnt a collingwood event.

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

gringo
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

God give me strength.

Ditto to you P66!

I said i will try and join next year. i had to give it up 6 years ago because of all the take away food i eat and I just couldnt afford the membership especially on top of my MCC membership and my slab of beer i buy weekly. I am certaintly going to buy the most basic membership next year. the one where you dont get into games but give them a donation. I think its about $50 a year which is a dollar a week. I will give up one can of coke a week and should be able to afford it.

I think he's taking the piss. Although a slab a week would explain the posting style. I'm getting a really horrible mental image of your life Plugs- saving a penny a week to go to the "parlours" and drinking alone with a bucket of KFC under your arm and irritating people on the internet forums. Oh and the restraining order your daughter has against you while living at home- it's all so Jerry Springer. Do you live in a caravan? I think you are joking but I'm not sure.

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

:shock: :?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

God give me strength.

Ditto to you P66!

I think he's taking the piss. Although a slab a week would explain the posting style. I'm getting a really horrible mental image of your life Plugs- saving a penny a week to go to the "parlours" and drinking alone with a bucket of KFC under your arm and irritating people on the internet forums. Oh and the restraining order your daughter has against you while living at home- it's all so Jerry Springer. Do you live in a caravan? I think you are joking but I'm not sure.

I actually own my own home is Melbourne's most livable suburb, east Bentleigh or Bentleigh East for all the snobs out there. A slab a week. Yep big deal. 24 cans in 7 days. Wow. Not a parlours man myself more the Roo bar, the banger, On top bar or the Ormond footy club. Actually a couple of them are like the parlours. Got the KFC part right. My favourite take away. Dont think my Daughter has a restining order against me but she may as she seems to live in her bedroom. You are reasonable close though.

Platinum members maybe 30 years.

ozrulestrace
SS Hall of Fame

AAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGHHHHHHH he lives somewhere near me.
NNnnOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Moorleigh High graduate or St Jimmy's?

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
gringo wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

I actually own my own home is Melbourne's most livable suburb, east Bentleigh or Bentleigh East for all the snobs out there. A slab a week. Yep big deal. 24 cans in 7 days. Wow. Not a parlours man myself more the Roo bar, the banger, On top bar or the Ormond footy club. Actually a couple of them are like the parlours. Got the KFC part right. My favourite take away. Dont think my Daughter has a restining order against me but she may as she seems to live in her bedroom. You are reasonable close though.

Platinum members maybe 30 years.
I have a house in Bentleigh...much more liveable than out east.

ozrulestrace
SS Hall of Fame

[I actually own my own home is Melbourne's most livable suburb, east Bentleigh or Bentleigh East for all the snobs out there. A slab a week. Yep big deal. 24 cans in 7 days. Wow. Not a parlours man myself more the Roo bar, the banger, On top bar or the Ormond footy club. Actually a couple of them are like the parlours. Got the KFC part right. My favourite take away. Dont think my Daughter has a restining order against me but she may as she seems to live in her bedroom. You are reasonable close though.

Platinum members maybe 30 years.[/quote]

I have a house in Bentleigh...much more liveable than out east.[/quote]

As I always say Bentleigh, different postcode, higher income bracket.

I'm going to write my memoirs one day and the title will be "I live in East Bentleigh, not Bentleigh"

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

But we actually got voted the most livable suburb.

Better get back on topic or we may get in trouble.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Platinum = 20 years-50 Years, then Red, Black & White !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

ozrulestrace
SS Hall of Fame

Eastern wrote:Platinum = 20 years-50 Years, then Red, Black & White !!
And I'm Red White & Black, thanks o my parents.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:But we actually got voted the most livable suburb.

Better get back on topic or we may get in trouble.

You must be more than a slab a day all those were things you posted. Bentleigh east the most liveable suburb- what about getting to the city or public transport, shops, anything else. I'm one of your suburb snobs obviously.