Podsiadly elbow to Jack

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Podsiadly elbow to Jack

Do you think he will get suspended?

There's a video of the incident here - "Podsiadly v Steven"
http://www.afl.com.au/match-centre/2013/18/geel-v-stk

Has 93 carry over points apparently.
Last edited by dragit on Mon 29 Jul 2013 2:28pm, edited 1 time in total.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Re: Podsiadly elbow to Jack

dragit wrote:Do you think he will get suspended?

http://www.afl.com.au/match-centre/2013/18/geel-v-stk

Has 93 carry over points apparently.

He will get high contact, reckless and medium or low impact depending the saints medical report. 2 weeks IMO

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

Two weeks.

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

Wasn't paid a free kick.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:Wasn't paid a free kick.
There was already a free kick for holding the ball, which would have come first.

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

The holding the ball didn't come until Jack was sitting on the ground, looking up at the umpire in disbelief that he'd just been elbowed flush on the jaw and there was no free kick paid.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:The holding the ball didn't come until Jack was sitting on the ground, looking up at the umpire in disbelief that he'd just been elbowed flush on the jaw and there was no free kick paid.

Unlike some other sports we dont have video replays for free kicks. i suggest the umpire missed the elbow. Those things happen. Well it has since 1968 when I saw my first game.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:The holding the ball didn't come until Jack was sitting on the ground, looking up at the umpire in disbelief that he'd just been elbowed flush on the jaw and there was no free kick paid.

Unlike some other sports we dont have video replays for free kicks. i suggest the umpire missed the elbow. Those things happen. Well it has since 1968 when I saw my first game.
Also missed the fifty to Dempster that they called play on instead. Amaing what these blokes miss.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Also missed the fifty to Dempster that they called play on instead. Amaing what these blokes miss.

Its more amazing what supporters see and also miss. its good to see you back once there is a knocking of umpires thread. I still cant beleive you didnt belt an impire when you played or was the end free kicks 70 to your side and nil to the opposition?

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

Watch the replay. He was about 5 metres away, nothing blocking his line of sight, and was looking straight at the contest.

Appalling umpiring. Basic error.

I mean fair dinkum, the AFL crap on about the head being sacrosanct and they implement pathetic rules that say the game needs to be stopped and a free kick paid if you lay a finger anywhere above a player's shoulder (which happens at almost every contest with absolutely no consequence to anyone) - but then the umpire misses that.

And Hodge gets off.

Just laughable their incompetence.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:Watch the replay. He was about 5 metres away, nothing blocking his line of sight, and was looking straight at the contest.

Appalling umpiring. Basic error.

I mean fair dinkum, the AFL crap on about the head being sacrosanct and they implement pathetic rules that say the game needs to be stopped and a free kick paid if you lay a finger anywhere above a player's shoulder (which happens at almost every contest with absolutely no consequence to anyone) - but then the umpire misses that.

And Hodge gets off.

Just laughable their incompetence.

Hodge had to get off and the umpire missed the free. we dont have replays. I still have no idea why you comment on the game when you dont like it at all. Are you the type who watches a whole TV show and then rings up and complains or goes to a resturant for dinner and eats the whole meal and then complains? I think so.

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

Selwood would have got a free every day of the week.Scumbwg he is

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
CURLY
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

Its more amazing what supporters see and also miss. its good to see you back once there is a knocking of umpires thread. I still cant beleive you didnt belt an impire when you played or was the end free kicks 70 to your side and nil to the opposition?

Why would you belt a umpire in local football? They dont have agends like AFL umpires. Anyone see the last quarter of Collingwood v GWS ? You would swear someone had gone down at three quarter time and told them to give GWS nothing.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

Hodge had to get off and the umpire missed the free.
Why?

The head is sacrosanct right?

He got him in the head right?

Doesn't everyone have a duty of care to not get someone high? I would take that to mean that you have a duty of care when going for the ball in a contest, to not hit someone's head.

Hodge didn't show a duty of care.

If a defender hits a dude in the head in a marking contest and breaks his jaw, he'll get done. Even if he's going for the ball - because he has a duty of care. Why didn't Hodge?

Fact is, the AFL made the rule. The AFL beat their chest about how great they are and are protecting players - but in the Hodge case they didn't. Murphy was just going for the ball - and he ended up with a broken jaw for his trouble and sever concussion.

And it's deemed legal! So where are the AFL protecting players? And where is the head sacrosanct?

If I fly into a pack with my knee and puncture someone's lung - it's legal. If I fly into a pack with a knee and knock someone out - it's legal.

Yet if I touch a bloke on the neck whilst he's on the ground with the ball, and don't cause him any discomfort, danger or impediment - I get a free kick paid against me because the head is sacrosanct and player safety is critical!!

As usual, the AFL get it wrong.

They just roll out contradiction after contradiction.
Last edited by rodgerfox on Mon 29 Jul 2013 3:03pm, edited 1 time in total.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Hodge was very, very lucky… but not for the knock you are talking about… it was the Henderson was that he should have gone for… was worse than the Jonas one.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Why?

Doesn't everyone have a duty of care to not get someone high? I would take that to mean that you have a duty of care when going for the ball in a contest, to not hit someone's head.

If a defender hits a dude in the head in marking contest, he'll get done. Even if he's going for the ball - because he has a duty of care. Why didn't Hodge?

Fact is, the AFL made the rule. The AFL beat their chest about how great they are and are protecting players - but in the Hodge case they didn't. Murphy was just going for the ball - and he ended up with a broken jaw for his trouble and sever concussion.

And it's deemed legal! So where are the AFL protecting players? And where is the head sacrosanct?

I think you should read up on the rules because you clearly dont know them. Come back to me when you know the rules otherwise dont bother. You are embarressing yourself. Still have no idea why you care though.

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:Hodge was very, very lucky… but not for the knock you are talking about… it was the Henderson was that he should have gone for… was worse than the Jonas one.
Totally agree.

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Why?

If a defender hits a dude in the head in marking contest, he'll get done. Even if he's going for the ball - because he has a duty of care. Why didn't Hodge?

I think you should read up on the rules because you clearly dont know them. Come back to me when you know the rules otherwise dont bother. You are embarressing yourself. Still have no idea why you care though.

The rules are part of the problem! They just contradict each other time and time again.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:
dragit wrote:Hodge was very, very lucky… but not for the knock you are talking about… it was the Henderson was that he should have gone for… was worse than the Jonas one.
Totally agree.

Then why are you talking about the other incident which was clearly correct?

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:
Totally agree.

He shouldn't have got off on either of them.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:

Why?

The rules are part of the problem! They just contradict each other time and time again.

Not if you can read English. How come you care though?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:
Totally agree.

He shouldn't have got off on either of them.

Only people who dont know the rules would say that.

Beno88
SS Hall of Fame

I reckon Varcoe could be in trouble for kicking Geary in the first quarter too. Happened on the boundary line near the saints bench well after the ball had gone.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Why would you belt a umpire in local football? They dont have agends like AFL umpires. Anyone see the last quarter of Collingwood v GWS ? You would swear someone had gone down at three quarter time and told them to give GWS nothing.
he can't even spell maggott for pity's sake...... :roll:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Beno88 wrote:I reckon Varcoe could be in trouble for kicking Geary in the first quarter too. Happened on the boundary line near the saints bench well after the ball had gone.
Was that when he tripped him by grabbing his ankle?

Didn't like the attention.