Guess The Crowd: Saints vs Port Saturday Night Special!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Guess The Crowd: Saints vs Port Saturday Night Special!

I think we are into the territory of sub-20K crowds vs some interstate teams, although 13 Degree max is at least average/normal for July and warmer than 11!

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

Re: Guess The Crowd: Saints vs Port Saturday Night Special!

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
matrix
Saintsational Legend

About 128
Will be average crowd sat

saintkellerm
Club Player

sverik25
Club Player

milney044
Club Player

Good initiative by the club this week to get fans to the game - my partner is a first year member and was offered an upgrade to a seat on level 1 if he went to the game. I get the seat too, so pretty happy! We were going anyway, but nice from the club!

Destiny. It's in our hands.

Harder. Better. Faster. Stronger.
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

14,878 was the pathetically small crowd.

Yes it was cold but gee our supporters in general are as soft as the players were in the first half.

Heaven help us in the next few years.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
ozrulestrace
SS Hall of Fame

No wonder the crowd size wasn't listed amongst the stats on either paper's reviews.

But the good news the train ride wasn't crowded on the way home.

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

There was a bigger crowd at my local car boot sale here in a bogan suburb of Perth.

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
bergholt
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:14,878 was the pathetically small crowd.

Yes it was cold but gee our supporters in general are as soft as the players were in the first half.

That was our second lowest crowd at Docklands ever, only a few hundred ahead of the 14,018 we got against Port in 2001. Last year against GWS we got 17,327 and that was previously our second-lowest until last night.

Any early predictions for our crowd against GC at Docklands in round 22? Will it break 10,000?

clarky449
Saintsational Legend

Hmm terrible, just terrible

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

pathetic...... Victorian Supporters hang your heads in shame ....

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:pathetic...... Victorian Supporters hang your heads in shame ....

It was to bloody cold for me.

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

thats sad ...

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:thats sad ...

I just said it was to cold for me. That isnt why i didnt go though. I had a function on at my other footy club. And whether i go or not makes no difference to the saints profits as I have already paid. There was nothing sad about it as the function was a great night.

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

what ever .... you guys get spoilt by having the option almost every week to see your team play live i cant for the life of me understand why you dont turn up .... it especially get my goat when fans jump on facebook or on here and spout off about the team not trying or not putting enough effort in when our own fans cant be bothered to turn up ....

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:what ever .... you guys get spoilt by having the option almost every week to see your team play live i cant for the life of me understand why you dont turn up .... it especially get my goat when fans jump on facebook or on here and spout off about the team not trying or not putting enough effort in when our own fans cant be bothered to turn up ....

Surely if you have something else on then you cant go. Some days dont suit certain people and saturday is basically impossible for as sunday maybe for others. You get one or 2 games a year and can probably organise things around it. We get about 15 a year and sometimes other things are on. Just like you love following the saints I also love following Ormond and have to support them as well. And i dont reckon i have ever posted a thread on the effort of the Saints players but I would hope effort doesnt go out the door because they are worried about the fans turning up or not. They will get the same pay either way and we should expect full effort.

SinCitySainter
Club Player

It was too cold so I decided not to go.
I am a fully paid up member so that is my right.

mr six o'clock
Saintsational Legend

How many were left after half time ?

I was outside at the half and jokingly said ( cos i thought we'd losse by at least 10 goals ) to people leaving
" where you going , we're still in it ! "

Before the game it reminded me of the year 2000 - 01 , when no one went .
the only difference was the social club was still quite full , years ago it was always empty !

In red white and black from 73
SunburySaint
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
st_Trav_ofWA wrote:what ever .... you guys get spoilt by having the option almost every week to see your team play live i cant for the life of me understand why you dont turn up .... it especially get my goat when fans jump on facebook or on here and spout off about the team not trying or not putting enough effort in when our own fans cant be bothered to turn up ....

Surely if you have something else on then you cant go. Some days dont suit certain people and saturday is basically impossible for as sunday maybe for others. You get one or 2 games a year and can probably organise things around it. We get about 15 a year and sometimes other things are on. Just like you love following the saints I also love following Ormond and have to support them as well. And i dont reckon i have ever posted a thread on the effort of the Saints players but I would hope effort doesnt go out the door because they are worried about the fans turning up or not. They will get the same pay either way and we should expect full effort.

Agree with Plugger. Sometimes having 15 or 16 games to be able to attend isnt a luxury if things come up.... I didnt go because my 2 boys were sick... doesnt mean I am any less of a fan and it also doesn't mean if I want to vent my frustration about the p!ss poor first half performance I can't because "I didnt turn up"

People have legitimate reasons for not going, I am a fully paid up member so they already have my money.

Now lives in Geelong...
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

mr six o'clock wrote:

How many were left after half time ?

I was outside at the half and jokingly said ( cos i thought we'd losse by at least 10 goals ) to people leaving
" where you going , we're still in it ! "

Before the game it reminded me of the year 2000 - 01 , when no one went .
the only difference was the social club was still quite full , years ago it was always empty !
I very reluctantly left at 3/4 time. Memo to self: don't take 6yr old daughter to night games again this year. It was two against one - eldest daughter (8) wanted to stay as did I. Little one was too tired and cranky. Oh well.

SinCitySainter
Club Player

That is a very poor argument.
I do not get paid exorbitantly to attend games in fact I have to pay for that privilege.
I turn up to work regardless of the weather and I put in the required effort so should the players regardless of what the supporters do.

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

plugger i honestly couldnt care less what you had on this saturday ... i have no interest and my gripe isnt with you having something else on its just really hard for me to fathom that out of all our members and supporters on 14k turned up that must have been a hell of a lot of "other plans" ... and its not just last night either ... you say some days dont suit some people , funny our bigest home game in 2009 was a sunday twilight game !! in fact most of our home games were full in 2009 so obviously when we are winning these days are more possible .... :roll:

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

SinCitySainter wrote:
That is a very poor argument.
I do not get paid exorbitantly to attend games in fact I have to pay for that privilege.
I turn up to work regardless of the weather and I put in the required effort so should the players regardless of what the supporters do.
fine but its that attitude is why we are never going to be a BIG club ... how many Collingwood ferals you reckon would hold that veiw ?
you want to be a fair weather supporter than in my opinion you have no right to question the dedication to the guys who put 150% into giving their all ... geting beaten isnt not trying , getting outplayed is not giving up , not being up to standard is not being lazy ....

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

plugger i honestly couldnt care less what you had on this saturday ... i have no interest and my gripe isnt with you having something else on its just really hard for me to fathom that out of all our members and supporters on 14k turned up that must have been a hell of a lot of "other plans" ... and its not just last night either ... you say some days dont suit some people , funny our bigest home game in 2009 was a sunday twilight game !! in fact most of our home games were full in 2009 so obviously when we are winning these days are more possible .... :roll:

I think you better get used to it. we are a small club with a small supporter base as shown by not even breaking 40K members when we made 2 GF's. its going to get worse before it gets better. Just look at our membership tally. We have 2 K less members than North and a few less than melbourne. yes thats Melbourne the side that some on here have laughed at for a few years. Everyone wants us to be one of the bigger clubs but we arent and it looks like we never will be. i have always thought that and thats why I am always so keen for the AFL to continue to be the best and biggest competition in Australia so they continue to support smaller sides and keep an 18 team competition because if they dont we are certainly one of the clubs in the gun. Success over tha last few years will mean stuff all in the next broadcast rights when we are likely to be a bottom few side.