Saints Clear Milne to Play

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Moorabbin Man
Club Player

Saints Clear Milne to Play

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/s ... 2ohk7.html

Here, here great decision by the Club.

Viking3
Club Player

Re: Saints Clear Milne to Play

Moorabbin Man wrote:http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/s ... 2ohk7.html

If only Umpires could make correct decisions as well! :wink:

Give me one flag & I'll go to my grave a happy man.
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

I heard on radio earlier that the AFLPA has also cleared him to play. It appears that the AFL are yet to tick it off and that might be what this afternoon's Presser with Greg Westaway is all about !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

jonesy
Saintsational Legend

Should be an interesting evening at the G then Saturday night.

The 'clash of crisis' will have both 675 and a dog armies armed with plenty of ammunition

Bring back the Lockett era
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

jonesy wrote:Should be an interesting evening at the G then Saturday night.

The 'clash of crisis' will have both 675 and a dog armies armed with plenty of ammunition
There is one thing you can count on; There won't be too many "AFL ACCREDITED MEDIA" Passes left unused. Every media "Bloodhound" in this town will want to be there !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:

I heard on radio earlier that the AFLPA has also cleared him to play. It appears that the AFL are yet to tick it off and that might be what this afternoon's Presser with Greg Westaway is all about !!
It's been pathetically handled by our club.

Rooey says he thinks Milne should play. AFL haven't endorsed it, why say anything publically until you've got all your facts sorted.

It's a pity we have such a weak no-name prez in a situation like this.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
jonesy
Saintsational Legend

I urge all attending to be armed and ready with your best banter. Let's not get pushed around in the stands by that absolute rabble of an exsistance

They do seem to have a core of whiny nerdy 30ish year old supporters that like to dish it out,so I expect it to come. I will be ready...

Bring back the Lockett era
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote: It's a pity we have such a weak no-name prez in a situation like this.
Some of us prefer to wait and hear what he has to say about it before bagging him. Radical approach I know.

markp
Saintsational Legend

Still don't think he will, or should play.

Reckon he's being given this endorsement as a sign of support... then will 'decide' not to play for the good of the club.

Buckets
SS Life Member

saintspremiers wrote:
Eastern wrote:

It's been pathetically handled by our club.

Rooey says he thinks Milne should play. AFL haven't endorsed it, why say anything publically until you've got all your facts sorted.

It's a pity we have such a weak no-name prez in a situation like this.

Heaven forbid that the Captain should actually have an opinion when asked a question...

Why does Westaway need to make outlandish statements. Would rather a measured response. Not Jeff Kennet going off half cocked!

Thats Mr. Smartarse to you
karnaby
Club Player

Someone is having two bob each way.

Roo cops it for saying something and Westaway cops it for not having said something, even tho he has a press conference scheduled.

It's a shame ignorance isn't painful
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:
saintspremiers wrote: It's a pity we have such a weak no-name prez in a situation like this.
Some of us prefer to wait and hear what he has to say about it before bagging him. Radical approach I know.

pfft, dont be silly, just go off half cocked and critisise something that hasn't occurred yet.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
ShanghaiSaint
Club Player

i' torn on this issue,

1. Milne has the right to play as this is a dragged out over 9 years... he's inocent till proven guilty.
2. he should step a side as it's the right thing to do when you're under serious duress...

i don't know...

One thing, Caroline Wilson is beating the s*** out of this... wish her and the footy media would fraak off. all they do is blow things up> into trial by media.

Fortius Quo Fidelius
matrix
Saintsational Legend

afl left it to the club to decide whether he plays or not

press conf around 2.30pm

board meeting last night from 9 to midnight with nettles on vid link from italy

dragit
Saintsational Legend

jonesy wrote:I urge all attending to be armed and ready with your best banter. Let's not get pushed around in the stands by that absolute rabble of an exsistance

They do seem to have a core of whiny nerdy 30ish year old supporters that like to dish it out,so I expect it to come. I will be ready...
What are you going to say?

One of our players has been charged with 4 counts of rape, not really a topic that I would like to engage in at the football.

GSG
Club Player

Sorry, but I cannot agree with this one little bit. Let’s not forget one thing. Milne did a very stupid thing 9 years ago, and this has nothing to do with rape. Whatever happened 9 years ago in that bedroom with Leigh Montagna and the two girls, is now for the court to decide and for us to reserve judgement once the verdict is official.

BUT, if my memory serves me right, Milne was in a relationship then AND had a child. So this was very much below par behaviour. He was 23 then and no longer a silly teenager and, in his situation, should have shown some responsibility.

Now he should at least admit that he was an idiot then, and not play this weekend and subject himself, the other players and the fans to the humiliating situation that will most certainly occur this coming Saturday. Just imagine, no not just imagine, it’s going to be a fact, that every time he’ll go near the ball, the boos in the stadium will be deafening. This will impact on the rest of the players, and I for one, do not want to be subjected to this because of some foolish behaviour of one footballer 9 years ago.

oh when the
Club Player

what about the commercial side
would a company want its logo on milnes jumper

wasaintsfan
Club Player

If Milne plays this weekend ill be doing everything I can to be at the ground sat... Whirlwind visit to melb :)

R. Harvey 3 votes!
Club Player

What part of that article says Milne will play ya muppet!

The headline says we have ruled him out???

When Harvey played his first game in 1988, I was a 12yo wearing short pants and struggling with my readin', writin' and 'rithmetic in grade eight. Now, I'm a father of three and a retired AFL player. And he's still going. Amazing! - Michael Voss
mullet
Saintsational Legend

GSG wrote:

Sorry, but I cannot agree with this one little bit. Let’s not forget one thing. Milne did a very stupid thing 9 years ago, and this has nothing to do with rape. Whatever happened 9 years ago in that bedroom with Leigh Montagna and the two girls, is now for the court to decide and for us to reserve judgement once the verdict is official.

BUT, if my memory serves me right, Milne was in a relationship then AND had a child. So this was very much below par behaviour. He was 23 then and no longer a silly teenager and, in his situation, should have shown some responsibility.

Now he should at least admit that he was an idiot then, and not play this weekend and subject himself, the other players and the fans to the humiliating situation that will most certainly occur this coming Saturday. Just imagine, no not just imagine, it’s going to be a fact, that every time he’ll go near the ball, the boos in the stadium will be deafening. This will impact on the rest of the players, and I for one, do not want to be subjected to this because of some foolish behaviour of one footballer 9 years ago.
With all due respect GSG, you say "whatever happened in that bedroom" and then go on that it was all his "rresponsibility". I believe he was actually separated at the time. You are correct we dont know what happened in the room and until we do he should not be treated like a criminal. I would hope our players have enough balls to get on with the game. As for you, if you dont want to put up with it then dont go. Do you think the fact he isnt out there will stop people from calling us a bunch of rapist sympathisers. Doubt it. My advise is to just turn around and ask them how Liam Jurrah is going??? And just because you support the saints doesnt make you responsible for the players actions. Just support the club GSG.

mullet
Saintsational Legend

R. Harvey 3 votes! wrote:

What part of that article says Milne will play ya muppet!

The headline says we have ruled him out???
Thanks R.Harvey I thought I was going nuts. Thats how I read it too

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

To be fair to the OP, they changed the story during the morning as events unfolded.