Youngsters in this game

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

creepypolar
Club Player

Youngsters in this game

Here's a look at our future and how they went today

Stanley was pretty good as a forward. Not bad at all

Ross was OK but not as good as previous weeks

Newnes gave great effort and overall pretty good

Webster had a great 3rd quarter

Wright was okay

Sippa and saad had stinkers

8856brother
Saintsational Legend

Re: Youngsters in this game

Siposs is a real worry.

Saad will not make the grade.

The rest of our youngster are ok. Lets hope one, or even two, become elite. I'm not holding my breath. Wright is a chance.

Feel a bit bad for Feguson, I have to add.

IDK about Hickey, he shows glimpses

cwrcyn
Saintsational Legend

Siposs, Saad, Hickey, Ross, Wright, Newnes, Ferguson and Webster. That's one third of our team with about 70 games between them. Four of them have played 15 games between them. Who says we're not rebuilding??

Ugly times for Watters. Today we peered over the cliff, slipped, and clung on to a gnarly branch. Soon that branch will break.

bigred
Saintsational Legend

Shouldnt have signed Sippos up so early in the season.

He reckons he's made it.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

bigred wrote:Shouldnt have signed Sippos up so early in the season.

He reckons he's made it.
Agree, he seems to lack hunger for the contest.

Probably a good pick up still at 75, but in reality he is a post pick 50 player.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
gringo
Saintsational Legend

Wow what do you expect from kids. they don't come in and become stars in 20 games even unless they are Judd or Selwood. At 50 games tell me how bad they are but you are just guessing.

My guesses

Wright- he will be special IMO. Has speed and skill- he could be anything potential A grader or superstar.
Stanley- will a player has grown into himself I see him as a Tipett type long term.
Steven- most likely to become A grade as he's already on his way.
Newnes- Has composure and if he takes it to the next level I can see a bit of a young NDS in him.
Seb Ross- surprise packet for me. He will be the mid field extractor we need in a couple of years. Once he fill out watch out.
Armo- still finding his feet but high b to a grade if he works hard enough. Still needs to lift his work rate.
webster- hard to tell after 2 games but has class in his disposal. Looked like he took a bit long thinking tonight but lots to like.
Siposs- has some tools but still finding his feet. He seems to have bulked up to play as a marking forward but lost the agility somewhat. Needs a role to learn.
Saad has played about 15 games of AFL so what do you expect. He will get better for the experience.

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

If our first year players all, wait 50 games to show anything...we won't play finals for 5 years minimum..just so you know

Plenty of kids are automatic selections and genuine contributors by that stage...it's why Adelaide and WCE turned things around so quickly

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
chook23
Saintsational Legend

bigred wrote:Shouldnt have signed Sippos up so early in the season.

He reckons he's made it.
believed in that 2 page spread in the paper a bit much too............

the test now will be admit to that....................work hard again and then always work hard.

saint4life
gringo
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:If our first year players all, wait 50 games to show anything...we won't play finals for 5 years minimum..just so you know

Plenty of kids are automatic selections and genuine contributors by that stage...it's why Adelaide and WCE turned things around so quickly

I'm not saying that we need to wait 50 to see anything, just see consistency in their game. They will keep have the occasional crap games and especially in their first 25 or so. People seem to get on here and say such and such should never play again and make definitive statements about them after a hand full of games.

Sainter93
Club Player

[quote="gringo"]Wow what do you expect from kids. they don't come in and become stars in 20 games even unless they are Judd or Selwood. At 50 games tell me how bad they are but you are just guessing.

+1 Fully agree. People expect immediate improvements, it's not going to happen.

Munga
Saintsational Legend

Stanley is in his fifth season and just ticked over 30 games. And I reckon he's just gone up a peg.

Gehrig emerged from scans yesterday saying he was "as sweet as a bun"
dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

cwrcyn wrote:
Ugly times for Watters. Today we peered over the cliff, slipped, and clung on to a gnarly branch. Soon that branch will break.
Shudder

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:If our first year players all, wait 50 games to show anything...we won't play finals for 5 years minimum..just so you know

When WC hit their lowest point (2008 season), they had Cox, Glass, Kerr, Kennedy, LeCras, Priddis, Waters, McKenzie, Embley, Masten, Rosa, Selwood and Lynch all on the list and they were all still around for their revival. Then with picks 2, 4, 18 and 26 they added Naitanui, Gaff, Shuey and Darling to the team. They bottomed out not because the player weren't up to it, rather they had an enormous cultural overhaul and a shocking run of injuries.

I wouldn't say Adelaide turned things around all that much. They had two seasons out of the finals after being quite decent for a long time (14th and 11th) and now they're back to pushing for the finals again. Again, when they were down they still had the likes of Thompson, van Berlo, Sloane, Rutten, Vince, Dangerfield, Jacobs, Walker, Reilly, Johncock, Talia, Otten, Petrenko etc all as regulars with plenty of footy ahead of them.

Who of our current experienced core will be around for our revival (at least 3 years away)? Steven, Armitage, Stanley, McEvoy and Geary. Maybe Gilbert, Ray and Gwilt if their form improves.

Sadly we're in a much closer state to Richmond of the past decade or so than the two teams you mentioned.

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

mad saint guy wrote:

When WC hit their lowest point (2008 season), they had Cox, Glass, Kerr, Kennedy, LeCras, Priddis, Waters, McKenzie, Embley, Masten, Rosa, Selwood and Lynch all on the list and they were all still around for their revival. Then with picks 2, 4, 18 and 26 they added Naitanui, Gaff, Shuey and Darling to the team. They bottomed out not because the player weren't up to it, rather they had an enormous cultural overhaul and a shocking run of injuries.

I wouldn't say Adelaide turned things around all that much. They had two seasons out of the finals after being quite decent for a long time (14th and 11th) and now they're back to pushing for the finals again. Again, when they were down they still had the likes of Thompson, van Berlo, Sloane, Rutten, Vince, Dangerfield, Jacobs, Walker, Reilly, Johncock, Talia, Otten, Petrenko etc all as regulars with plenty of footy ahead of them.

Who of our current experienced core will be around for our revival (at least 3 years away)? Steven, Armitage, Stanley, McEvoy and Geary. Maybe Gilbert, Ray and Gwilt if their form improves.

Sadly we're in a much closer state to Richmond of the past decade or so than the two teams you mentioned.
Tats really what I was trying to say..but you put it better

Ppl just assume we'll be back challenging in a couple if years...but at the same time say " give the kids time"

So for us to challenge in a couple of years...who will comprise our A grade midfield? Name four players who will average 25+ disposals per game..cos that's what we'll need like it or not.

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor