Git 'er done: Taylor Adams - GWS

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Uncle Barrels
Club Player

Git 'er done: Taylor Adams - GWS

The Hun today has an article on the so-called 'big names' who may be on the move at the end of the season; amongst them are possible targets (despite their deficiencies) Jack Watts and Lachie Hansen, along with our very own Farren Ray.

One that stands out with regard to the gaps in our list is Taylor Adams from the Giants. We already Har a fair bit of space in our salary cap, and with likely retirements this year, we are in a good position to be a major player during trade week.

So... what do we know about him?

The good - from Wikipedia:http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taylor_Adams
Full name Taylor Adams
Date of birth 20 September 1993
Original team Geelong Falcons
Draft #13, 2011 National Draft, Greater Western Sydney
Height/Weight 180 cm / 86 kg
The great - from the HS's 2011 'Pick Me' series: http://m.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/tay ... 6199616480
Taylor Adams made for big time
RICHMOND already has one Dustin Martin. The conundrum the Tigers face on Thursday evening is whether they should draft another.
Taylor Adams, a strong-bodied inside midfielder from the Geelong Falcons, is the man the Tigers will mull over.
Adams is a hard running, clearance king, rated by several clubs as the most impressive interviewee at the draft camp.
One national recruiting manager declared him a future AFL captain.
And the concerning: http://www.geelongadvertiser.com.au/art ... news.html#
GWS draftee Taylor Adams guilty of affray
GREATER Western Sydney midfielder Taylor Adams must serve a six-month diversion order for an assault outside a Geelong nightclub which left a victim with a broken jaw.
We need more midfield class and grunt. He seems to satisfy both. Should we be interested?

mightysainters
SS Hall of Fame

Re: Git 'er done: Taylor Adams - GWS

"Most impressive interviewee at draft camp"

"Has to serve a diversion order"

wtf... either it was a brain fade or he is a grand actorrrrr...

I have seen him play, and he never seemed like a 'clearance king'... this week i will really watch him

AccidentallyTim
Club Player

The right type of player for us but will need to keep watch he rest of the year and see what type of footballer he is

Fortius Quo Fidelius
Uncle Barrels
Club Player

mightysainters wrote:"Most impressive interviewee at draft camp"

I'm seen plenty of young blokes get involved in similar incidents to 'protect/help a mate', either genuinely or otherwise. Doesn't preclude him from being an otherwise stand-up kid.

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

He would be a very good get. Though a lot of teams would have him on their shopping list.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Uncle Barrels wrote:
mightysainters wrote:"Most impressive interviewee at draft camp"

I'm seen plenty of young blokes get involved in similar incidents to 'protect/help a mate', either genuinely or otherwise. Doesn't preclude him from being an otherwise stand-up kid.
Look if he becomes a Saint, then I'm with you… self defence, protecting a mate etc etc…

If goes to another club, then he is just a filthy thug ala Chapman, Dean Bogan & Brodie Holland.

spert
Saintsational Legend

I was thinking Jack Watts could be a pretty good player under a decent coach in a stable club with a few wise heads around him- could he be a target

gringo
Saintsational Legend

A caller on SEN said Jarrad Grant is out of favour at the Dogs and is playing development squad after Mc cartney came in. He was starting to come good I thought a couple of years ago and had a few good games. Might be worth a punt- he's a forward.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:A caller on SEN said Jarrad Grant is out of favour at the Dogs and is playing development squad after Mc cartney came in. He was starting to come good I thought a couple of years ago and had a few good games. Might be worth a punt- he's a forward.

He is rubbish.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
Uncle Barrels
Club Player

Ideally (for me) we'd snag Adams, Jack Billings and a monster FB from somewhere - anywhere - I don't care about a lot of extra skill sets, like attacking prowess, just give me a solid kick on a genuine gorilla-stopper body, with adequate pace. Peak Matt Maguire but 195cm and 95kg plus!

Not asking too much is it?

St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

Adams is what we need, but what could we give up for him? J Ferguson, S Fisher? Not saying we should go for those deals but a second rounder wont do it. What about pick 5 or 6 for Adams and Tomlinson, yes I'm in dreamland but it will take a LOT to get this kid I'm thinking. Especially in his current form...

Strength through Loyalty
Go those mighty Sainters!!
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

EFFING OATH!

Saints94
SS Life Member

gringo wrote:A caller on SEN said Jarrad Grant is out of favour at the Dogs and is playing development squad after Mc cartney came in. He was starting to come good I thought a couple of years ago and had a few good games. Might be worth a punt- he's a forward.
To skinny, can't put any muscle on whatsoever, pass...

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

OMeara from GC would be handy.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:OMeara from GC would be handy.
Yes he would. He's a once in a generation footballer. Another Ablett. I would've moved heaven and earth to try and get him to the Saints. We had our chance when he was in the mini draft. Perhaps we didn't have the currency but bloody hope we tried to acquire him. Too late, he's a Suns player for a while now.

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

spert wrote:I was thinking Jack Watts could be a pretty good player under a decent coach in a stable club with a few wise heads around him- could he be a target
i always felt the worst thing for Jack Watts was David Neitz retiring .... i reckon Jack needed the big fella there to help him out and mentor him more and prob take some of the pressure off his shoulders ...

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

You'd think Dawes and Clarke being around the club (not only on field) would help Watts. I actually think Watts is damaged goods and not worth the punt. A club will pick him up though just not confident he works out.

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

Old Mate wrote:You'd think Dawes and Clarke being around the club (not only on field) would help Watts. I actually think Watts is damaged goods and not worth the punt. A club will pick him up though just not confident he works out.
not even close ... lets be honest here Neitz was a leader and would have helped Jack walk taller and prob would have passed on some good strong advice on how to go about his footy ... Dawes and Clarke wouldnt have 1/100th of the weight Neitz could have instilled on Jack .... i dont think Watts is damaged i think he was crushed by expectation and has been hung out to dry for not reaching that expectation ... the dees wanted him to become a champion without him being surrounded by a champion... our champ Roo had the likes of Loewe - then Hamill and to an extent Gehrig , he also had the likes of Harvey showing the work ethic to bring out the most of himself... he grew into the expectation over a period of time and learning he also had a coach who was a strong father figure who was hell bent on improving the team... Jack Watts was tossed in and expected to be great from day one he was surrounded by basically nothing then the Dees cut away all the experiance that they had , he was coached by a bloke who wanted to lose for draft picks ...

it prob is too late for him now to become the player he could have become but i reckon he could become decent

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:OMeara from GC would be handy.

F*** this kid is good. GC are the real deal now.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

You need to stop thinking every player would be good for us. He is no good.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

We have Maister and Lee. Jarrad Grant wouldnt be any better than them.

Just get me 2 gun midfielders and ill be happy.

SinCitySainter
Club Player

Chase Watts like mad. Let him learn his craft from Fisher and turn him into a CHB.

A pity it won't happen.

We have no chance to get him he will go to a club like Collingwood or the Swans and become a star.

Uncle Barrels
Club Player

Watts isn't the subject of this thread... or O'Meara...

AccidentallyTim
Club Player

SinCitySainter wrote:Chase Watts like mad. Let him learn his craft from Fisher and turn him into a CHB.

A pity it won't happen.

We have no chance to get him he will go to a club like Collingwood or the Swans and become a star.
Agree that he could develop as a key back but not sure about chasing him like mad, might be no good after all?

Although he seemed to go ok once Need moved him back last year according to one of the papers anyway.

Back to Adams, he's got an AFL body doesn't he? He plays inside and has pace? Is he too short to do much else at only 180cm?

Fortius Quo Fidelius
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Armitage, Ross, Newnes, Steven, Geary, Ledger, Saunders, Curran, Wright

Along with more years from

Dal Santo, Montagna

There's 11 mids without any drafted to carry us fwd

I know you can never have too mids.... But I think we have-bigger deficiencies

Besides our current KPP woes..... Our best two are both around 31yo....

At least we have Hickey