Port Adelaide midfield

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

lloyd21
Club Player

Port Adelaide midfield

Saints have to recruit exactly the same type of player as Port Adelaide have done when they bottomed out no more light players like tdl. Guys like Wines Wingard Harlett who are quick and good kicks and tackle. We have gone from the best tackling pressure team in AFL to also rans.

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

Re: Port Adelaide midfield

Boak, Hartlett, Ebert, Wingard and Wines. That's going to be a good midfield foundation for the Power for years to come. Just shows what types of players you can get with early draft picks, something we haven't had for what seems like an eternity.

PaytonPlace
Club Player

Koch said on the C7 sunday Show they've got 2 years to convince Wines to stay put - he didn't really want to go to Port

Be interesting to see if he sticks it out, or someone can make a play for him down the line

You can listen to Bristle tell you Carlton are still a massive chance at 28 points down with two minutes to go, you can listen to him tell you all about Lorne, or you can watch a monkey on a pushbike...I know which I prefer...
Quixote
SS Life Member

Koch is a d**khead mate.

Fortius Quo Fidelius Yo
noob
Club Player

I very much like the Port Adelaide midfield. Harlett is a gun.

PaytonPlace
Club Player

Quixote wrote:Koch is a d**khead mate.
Of course he is, but it's interesting when a pres says a player doesn't really want to be there

He also mind you spoke passionately about establishing a solid professional culture and then ended the interview doing the scratch your nose/give someone the finger gesture

Professional to the end

You can listen to Bristle tell you Carlton are still a massive chance at 28 points down with two minutes to go, you can listen to him tell you all about Lorne, or you can watch a monkey on a pushbike...I know which I prefer...
ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

PaytonPlace wrote:Be interesting to see if he sticks it out, or someone can make a play for him down the line

like how Adelaide was going to get Gibbs after 2 years (they made that statement before he was drafted) and how Dangerfield was going to leave Adelaide after two tears? 2 years is a long time for a young footballer

PaytonPlace
Club Player

ausfatcat wrote:
PaytonPlace wrote:Be interesting to see if he sticks it out, or someone can make a play for him down the line

like how Adelaide was going to get Gibbs after 2 years (they made that statement before he was drafted) and how Dangerfield was going to leave Adelaide after two tears? 2 years is a long time for a young footballer
And Beams going to Gold Coast and on and on - It is, that's their challenge, convincing him to stay

Not often you get that level of honesty though, someone outright admitting the player didn't want to go there...

andrewg
Club Player

No reason we can't get someone like Wines at end of 2014

Rooey gone
Lenny gone
Milne gone
Kosi gone
Plenty of money to throw at the next champion midfielder

matrix
Saintsational Legend

koch might be a d**khead but he certainly seems to be promoting the club

before he came along you never saw anything on the power
now, over here there is ads on tv saying to become a member etc etc
was on sunrise or something the other day talking about his role and the power
so
he seems to be using his position to try and get interest int he side which creates memberships and coin

like him or not he seems to be trying to get his club up and running properly
plus having some decent youth floating about now they will start to rise in the next two i reckon

maybe we could actually learn something from them

noddy04
Club Player

If Koch is a d ickhead as a leader of his club what is westaway..... a ghost maybe? To my way of thinking Kochie is exactly the type of leader we could do with.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

noddy04 wrote:

If Koch is a d ickhead as a leader of his club what is westaway..... a ghost maybe? To my way of thinking Kochie is exactly the type of leader we could do with.
agree noddy
its the same as eddie
we all are not too fond of him but look what he has done to his club, completely turned them around, got them financial AND they've won a flag now (ok it took a while but still....flag)

someone like that we certainly could do with out our club

noddy04
Club Player

Totally agree Matrix and happy easter mate :D

matrix
Saintsational Legend

yup happy easter noddy

gee i hate to say it but port looked alright yesterday
i know melb are a rabble but good lord i'll hear about it come wed when i get back to work.....