Just my opinion

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

bendigo bob
Club Player

Just my opinion

To me the best thing about our magnificent win over the bombers was that for the first time in a long time our players kicked or handballed to the jumper not the "name" player. This meant that the bombers couldn't load up against our name players but had to guard against everyone which gave us far more opportunities especially going forward.

This I believe is the key differential between Waters and Lyon. For Lyon it was all about half a dozen name players and the rest were role players. With Waters everyone is a role player and for probably the first time we saw everyone playing their role for 4 quarters. I have never been more proud of our club and our players than I was against the bombers.

We have a no name defence which was rock solid. Our midfield not only covered several bombers who have given us headaches over the last 3 years but in turn became significant attacking weapons. Our forwards showed versatility and provided many options and different avenues to goal.

This was a true team performance and in my opinion there was no single best player. Come brown low night it should be 3 votes: the StKilda football club.

Well down boys on a great team performance and win.

FQF

BJ has arrived!!!!!!!!!!

BJ's #1 Fan

Winner of the half time Social Club auction for Kosi's jumper Round 19 2005
Can we build it? Yes we can!!
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Re: Just my opinion

Nice to see Nick roaming free and not wrestling I50 ..... Wilkes important there.... That subtle difference means you cannot be two dimensional going fwd... And that's when a side is dangerous... Using all of their arsenal, and spreading the load, therefore the opposition defense.